Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WSBK testing

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    I see Bautista as the only rider with the potential to upset Rea, the others have fallen short over the years and are used to getting beaten.

^ He is right up there, not afraid and capable of pushing the Duc.
    02 RSV Red , Derestricted intake, EVO airbox kit, Evo alu trumpets, Carbon panels from 01 MilleR, Haga dash, Ohlins damper, Sato rearsets, Tigcraft 80mm full system, 04 mirrors
    '04 Futura Silver, de-restricted air box, mille boot & Evo air filter, John B's rectifier & Anderson Power Pole connectors, brass QD, Nippy Normans HID low beam and Boss Bob's HID highs, Skidmark CF hugger & chainguard, TaylorMades, Helibars, Evo clutch slave, AF1 radial masters & 4 pad brakes, CRG clutch and brake levers, Rhino frame and front axle sliders, Wilbers shock, Lindemann Eng. fork mods, heated grips Gloebs' former bike

Quote Originally Posted by 02RSVVT View Post
    I wonder how similar it is to ride compared to the motogp Ducati? Maybe that experience is why he's so quick right from the off on a brand new bike.
    seesecurity.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by 02RSVVT View Post
    A threesome? Chaz, Bautista and Rea pushing for it, slipping and sliding. Wouldn’t that be a sight?
    Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & KTM 625 SXC -05
    My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.

www.motorcyclenews.com

"Series newbie Alvaro Bautista was third quickest despite Ducati struggling with taming the rear end on the incredibly powerful Panigale V4R. The former MotoGP star was 1.079 seconds slower than Rea."

Get the beast tamed and Alvaro should make it interesting.

PORTIMAO WORLDSBK TEST

Jonathan Rea – Kawasaki Racing Team 1’40.855
    Alex Lowes – PATA Yamaha +0.959
    Alvaro Bautista – Aruba Ducati +1.079
    Leon Haslam – Kawasaki Racing Team +1.289
    Michael van der Mark – PATA Yamaha +1.336
    Tom Sykes – BMW Motorrad WorldSBK +1.391
    Sandro Cortese – GRT Yamaha +1.614
    Marco Melandri – GRT Yamaha +1.652
    Toprak Razgatlioglu – Puccetti Kawasaki +1.682
    10. Markus Reiterberger – BMW Motorrad WorldSBK +2.291
    11. Chaz Davies – Aruba Ducati +2.506
    12. Michael Rinaldi – Barni Ducati +2.979
    13. Eugene Laverty – Go Eleven Ducati +3.095
    14. Alessandro Delbianco – Althea Honda +4.030
    02 RSV Red , Derestricted intake, EVO airbox kit, Evo alu trumpets, Carbon panels from 01 MilleR, Haga dash, Ohlins damper, Sato rearsets, Tigcraft 80mm full system, 04 mirrors
    '04 Futura Silver, de-restricted air box, mille boot & Evo air filter, John B's rectifier & Anderson Power Pole connectors, brass QD, Nippy Normans HID low beam and Boss Bob's HID highs, Skidmark CF hugger & chainguard, TaylorMades, Helibars, Evo clutch slave, AF1 radial masters & 4 pad brakes, CRG clutch and brake levers, Rhino frame and front axle sliders, Wilbers shock, Lindemann Eng. fork mods, heated grips Gloebs' former bike

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    A threesome? Chaz, Bautista and Rea pushing for it, slipping and sliding. Wouldn’t that be a sight?
    You're a sick man
    seesecurity.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by yzr750 View Post
    You're a sick man
    What! I’ve got the subscription so need to see quality action. Let the rubber burn.

More seriously, I hope Chaz is up to it but if he and Bautista start taking points from each other Rea might benefit.
    Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & KTM 625 SXC -05
    My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    i'm with that.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

They are still developing the new Duc too. It will only get better.
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

apriliaforum Junkie
    Poor Chaz has almost killed himself on the old twitchy Duc, only to be almost miss out on the opportunity to compete on the new and improved model due to all the injuries sustained on the old one.

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    The Ducati might not be a consistent challenge this year due to the development process + lack of data from tracks that they haven't tested at but there's times I suspect its going to be an absolute missile.

Looking at testing times the BMW with Tom Sykes on it is already showing pretty well but they are in a similar development position to Ducati.

Yamahas also looking pretty good, particularly Alex Lowes over these 2 tests, & Cortese has made the transition from SS600 well, already faster than, or equal to, Melandri at these tests - they're well into their development cycle so you'd hope that they would now be challenging Kawasaki more regularly.

Leon Haslam has also made a pretty solid start.....but with JR 1 second faster than anybody, and with his race pace and consistency, its hard to see past him.

Interesting that the new 'factory' Honda effort has chosen to test away from the bulk of the grid - they're doing their work out East, Burinam etc. No clues as to how they are progressing.

Can't see the 'sprint race' bothering JR, he's merciless in that situation....they're going to have to find another way to slow him down, or, how about this for a novel idea - what about the rest of the grid upping their game and challenge him fairly?

To me there's more to it than just the bike & JR, its the way that team works and Pere Riba's influence that gives them the edge......they are a very tight unit and always seem to have a strategy/plan in place that they execute to perfection almost all of the time.

wouldn't that be something if sykes shows up at the front battling the ex teammate? gets his mojo going again......
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    wouldn't that be something if sykes shows up at the front battling the ex teammate? gets his mojo going again......
    I am not a fan of Sykes, he seems too whinny for my tastes. But he can ride. His experience at Kawasaki is an interesting one, he was originally the guy they built that bike around. The bike was not good, but over time they developed it to what he wanted and he ended up being really fast on it. Then they hired another fast guy, and suddenly the bike was no longer developed the way he wanted it. And to make things worse (from his point of view) the other guy really did well on the new version of the bike.
    I would enjoy it if BMW was able to develop their bike into what Sykes wants. I think it is possible, as historically the BMW was more like the Kawasaki was when Sykes was doing well on it.
    Anything, anybody, that can challenge Rea will be good. At this point I don't care who can challenge him, I just hope someone can challenge him.

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Tom has a very aggressive style, big throttle openings, leans on the traction control a lot and a very late braker, essentially a point and squirt approach rather than JR's buttery smooth, corner speed style.

If ever you are stood at the side of the track you can pick Sykes out without looking cos the bike is screaming its nuts off with the traction control banging in like a machine gun.

If BMW give him a bike that's fast enough and can tolerate that sort of abuse then he may surprise a few people - concern would be tyres, the way he rides is ultra hard on tyres and that's been his Achilles heel in the past.

Hopefully his head is in the right place now......broken marriage, kids involved etc has turned him inside out this last couple of years, if that's all sorted then maybe his focus will be back on track.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    Hopefully his head is in the right place now......broken marriage, kids involved etc has turned him inside out this last couple of years, if that's all sorted then maybe his focus will be back on track.
    That's too bad, I didn't realise he'd split from his missus.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast