Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a UK Rally Raid?

Quote Originally Posted by the_toe_cutter View Post
    No denying every capo can have issues lol! Is the rr for me? Nope, the spec can be surpassed with aftermarket and the colour is not to my liking, but there is a cachet to it as it is a limited run.

For instance, and Geoff might chime in here, the price of dr750's about 4 years ago were a little over a grand or so. Now clean original ones are ocassionally fetching over three times that!
    I suppose it all boils down to what somone perceives as "value" and in motorcycling terms logic can go out the window. Further examples being the africa twin, sp1/2 and the crazy money folks are paying for original zeds and oem parts. Sure a rot free clean original fluted 78 gs1000 tank is worth a grand, to some.
    Yeah you're probably right Calum...worlds gone bonkers

Anyway..I better get out in the bat cave & do some fettling on my KLR 650 ... might be worth a mint one day...
    (2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Gone but not forgotten..
    (1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack.
    (1997 Kawasaki KLR 650 C3) In Kwacker Green.
    (2016 KTM 1290 SAT) In White .

apriliaforum expert the_toe_cutter's Avatar
    No way, ya bought one?!
    Bang up a thread Steve, we need to see it. Is the yam still in the cave?
    Brum Brum

No denying every capo can have issues lol! Is the rr for me? Nope, the spec can be surpassed with aftermarket and the colour is not to my liking, but there is a cachet to it as it is a limited run.

For instance, and Geoff might chime in here, the price of dr750's about 4 years ago were a little over a grand or so. Now clean original ones are ocassionally fetching over three times that!
    I suppose it all boils down to what somone perceives as "value" and in motorcycling terms logic can go out the window. Further examples being the africa twin, sp1/2 and the crazy money folks are paying for original zeds and oem parts. Sure a rot free clean original fluted 78 gs1000 tank is worth a grand, to some.
    Your right TC some bikes have gone daft and a dr800 I got a few years ago is now werth 3 times the price and anything sports Honda has gone daft £35k for a rc30 but the capo just hasn't hit the spot for the masses and in the uk and allthough dealers are asking £3k in the real world £2k I think is top with a small premium for the rr maybe £2250 I'd like one but I'm not desperate and when you can pick up bargains in winter this is probly the wrong time to sell its a buyers market as I said just got a smt 2009 with over£1k extra's for £1501 a£1 more than the dealer that's selling him a new Ktm

No way, ya bought one?!
    Bang up a thread Steve, we need to see it. Is the yam still in the cave?
    Yeah got a 1997 KLR650C3 in Kwacker green, bit ropie but slowly getting there should be ready by this coming easter, got it from eBay last July, 95% original.... but tired ....... fancied a thumper to remind me of my old 1978 XT500...

No Yam went about a year ago, someone who collects classic Yams made me a good offer I couldn't turn down & I just wasn't using it cus it had crap brakes/suspension etc that almost killed me trying to keep up with mates on modern bikes...

RT1150 also moved on to Mark (GoldenCapo) from this forum ..... I took it to Spain & France last October, was ok, but not for me too bland, probably why I still got the Capo as it has so much character...
    (1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack.

Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    Your right TC some bikes have gone daft and a dr800 I got a few years ago is now werth 3 times the price and anything sports Honda has gone daft £35k for a rc30 but the capo just hasn't hit the spot for the masses and in the uk and allthough dealers are asking £3k in the real world £2k I think is top with a small premium for the rr maybe £2250 I'd like one but I'm not desperate and when you can pick up bargains in winter this is probly the wrong time to sell its a buyers market as I said just got a smt 2009 with over£1k extra's for £1501 a£1 more than the dealer that's selling him a new Ktm
    Yes I agree Geoff... don't forget to leave me that Jota you promised me years back...

You did a good deal on the KTM chap...

Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    Yes I agree Geoff... don't forget to leave me that Jota you promised me years back...

You did a good deal on the KTM chap...
    Not forgot you Steve so that's the jota's for Steve ,TC wants the rc's ,sp1 bimota and the dr's anyone else want my kids inheritance that sound about right no one wants the capo lol

apriliaforum expert
    In for a penny Geoff. I’ll have the Capo lol
    I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa Gaz View Post
    In for a penny Geoff. I’ll have the Capo lol
    A penny seem about what there werth ill put you on the list gaz don't plan on dieing soon but kids not interested or want the bikes so as I have talked with big Steve & TC some bike to friends the rest get sold and cash goes to Joey donlop charity

Id slit yer bleedin throat for that Bimota just kiddin.
    Yeah the sp's are devine to look at but ultimately shite as road bikes but that sb8r.....ah man i had and have impure thoughts about those
    Brum Brum

Oh and Geoff.....https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-f...-rc30/20914037
    Goldmines baby goldmines lol!!

Steve, great stuff I missed this purchase and sales of bikes in your life somehow. Shit gets so busy these days lol.
    Need some pics and details. Recommend a intiminator kit from ricor for the forks and some springs, shock will help hugely too. There's someting refreshingly different to plodding along on a single down country lanes, love mine.
    So Goldencapo has your bimmer now! Very incestuous altogether
    Brum Brum

Oh and Geoff.....https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-f...-rc30/20914037
    Goldmines baby goldmines lol!!

Steve, great stuff I missed this purchase and sales of bikes in your life somehow. Shit gets so busy these days lol.
    Need some pics and details. Recommend a intiminator kit from ricor for the forks and some springs, shock will help hugely too. There's someting refreshingly different to plodding along on a single down country lanes, love mine.
    So Goldencapo has your bimmer now! Very incestuous altogether
    Was offered 35k for my 30 a few years back as it has the hrc A&B race kits just thought TC will you still be able to have the bikes after brexit

Man when i smash the piggybank that one fine day and buy that sb8r offya I'll smuggle the bastard in. Backstop n hardborders me bollocks
    Brum Brum

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Well the Rally Raid is still up for grabs, but is now on a SORN

Ive reduced the asking price to £2k (which is lower than some of the standard capos on fleabay!)

apriliaforum newb
    Hi Mawse, ( I replied to your other thread too..)
    I'm very interested in your RR,(to add to my other 2 Capos..!!) but I'm at the wrong end of the country and with limited availability to come and look at it, although your very detailed description helps massively with that aspect.. Whereabouts in Yorkshire are you..I'm up in the Midlands soon and could maybe get up then. How quickly are you looking to shift it ..?

Regards

Chris

Great buy there for whoever gets it, if it was on my doorstep I probably wouldn't resist at that price, glwts
    2018 Ducati Diavel Diesel "Nel mezzo del cammin de nostra vita"
    2008 Caponord ETV 1000 ABS- "Il Capo"
    2002 Tuono 1000 RSV-R Limited Nr.035- "Hyperthrust Cleared and Counting..."
    1993 Ninja ZXR750R "NinjaR!!"
    1992 Ducati 907IE "Il nostro passato ha un grande futuro"
    1986 Katana GSX750SE "The unbelievable Pop Kat"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast