Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a UK Rally Raid?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    @the_toe_cutter - I was wanting to go for one of the last Stelvio NTX's but they are like hens teeth

so gone with Africa Twin Adventure Sport :O wow they are tall - but handy being 6'2"

apriliaforum prov-nov
    So Im guessing thats no interest in a UK Caponord Rally Raid - Shocked really

Oh well prob start taking bits off it :-(

Quote Originally Posted by mawse View Post
    So Im guessing thats no interest in a UK Caponord Rally Raid - Shocked really

Oh well prob start taking bits off it :-(
    Are you brakeing it ? That's a shame

apriliaforum prov-nov
    no just taking all the extras off that didn't come with it - LED Spots, engine bar bags, wind deflectors, side stand extender, heated grips, headlight protector etc etc

I guess the market for 16 year old Italian adventure tourers has a limited audience...

eBay is probably your best platform for a quick sale as most of us have already got at least 1 Capo ....good luck anyway.

PCP deals have probably changed the way a lot of peeps now buy bikes...!!
    (2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Gone but not forgotten..
    (1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack.
    (1997 Kawasaki KLR 650 C3) In Kwacker Green.
    (2016 KTM 1290 SAT) In White .

apriliaforum expert
    Plenty of market, just bad location for selling it. I have two, looking for a third (actually for someone else). All the Capos around here dried up, seems to work that way. When you don't need or want one or just after buying one there they are. Then when you want one, good luck.
    ETV stands for Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle. The only thing better than having one is having two.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    I guess the market for 16 year old Italian adventure tourers has a limited audience...

eBay is probably your best platform for a quick sale as most of us have already got at least 1 Capo ....good luck anyway.

PCP deals have probably changed the way a lot of peeps now buy bikes...!!
    I can't understand the hole pcp thing I've sold a few new bikes on pcp but at the end of the day you pay upfront then rent it for a bit then pay a big payment at the end or give it back and start again and it's all so you can go the bike club on a new bike and your tide on mileage I know one lad got a mv of us and can't ride it for the next year becouse he has done his 3 years mileage in 18 months and the charges somthing like 10p a mile the pcp people want you to get the bike and only go to Starbucks on Sunday and give them a mint low mileage bike back after 3years I'll stick to buying my bikes cash atleast it's mine mite be a 17 year old bike that never sold well but it's my caponord

apriliaforum Member
    Bloody typical when there are no funds available lol, Im probably one of the few that actually like the bike and colour if this had come up last summer I'd have bit your hand off, so good luck with the sale, I will get one, one day lol

Quote Originally Posted by dazzy p View Post
    Bloody typical when there are no funds available lol, Im probably one of the few that actually like the bike and colour if this had come up last summer I'd have bit your hand off, so good luck with the sale, I will get one, one day lol
    Another forum Capo up for sale upt north, anyone's we know

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aprilia-C...WdAK:rk:2:pf:0
    (1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzy p View Post
    Have to say I love the colour combo - it really works for me

apriliaforum prov-nov
    It's starting to look like fleabay, which I didnt want as I really dont want loads of tyre kickers, time wasters and the hastle. Thats why I put it here as I know you guys know what a Rally Raid is all about

Quote Originally Posted by mawse View Post
    It's starting to look like fleabay, which I didnt want as I really dont want loads of tyre kickers, time wasters and the hastle. Thats why I put it here as I know you guys know what a Rally Raid is all about
    It's a pity that no one on the forum wants your RR at the moment, but it is still miserable weather.. & your asking price 3,200 even with the extra luggage is still IMO around 500 - 750 above the current depressed UK market value at this time of the year...unless of course you decide break it for spares

If it was me selling my Capo, (I would value it at around 1,500 - 1,750 with luggage & loads of extra's, it has a similar mileage to your RR)....I would also be waiting until Easter or the May bank holidays, to maximise any selling potential...

Fortunately I intend to hang on to my old Capo for a while longer yet...however good luck whatever method you use to sell on the RR, hopefully there is an AF1 forum member out there who ends up with it or can persuade a friend to get it
    Last edited by BigSteve; 02-09-2019 at 03:19 AM.

apriliaforum expert the_toe_cutter's Avatar
    The rr market is funny tho Steve, the pool is small but there could be a buyer who's perhaps willing to pay a premium for one over a standard model.
    Brum Brum

Quote Originally Posted by the_toe_cutter View Post
    The rr market is funny tho Steve, the pool is small but there could be a buyer who's perhaps willing to pay a premium for one over a standard model.
    Yes I can see that someone may pay an additional premium for the RR, but at the end of the day it's still a Capo with a lot of the same issues...!!

Just saying that you can buy a similar age/mileage standard Capo for around 1,000 - 1,500 depending on luggage etc, IMO I don't see the RR being worth 100% more in the UK ....

apriliaforum expert the_toe_cutter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve View Post
    Yes I can see that someone may pay an additional premium for the RR, but at the end of the day it's still a Capo with a lot of the same issues...!!

Just saying that you can buy a similar age/mileage standard Capo for around 1,000 - 1,500 depending on luggage etc, IMO I don't see the RR being worth 100% more in the UK ....
    No denying every capo can have issues lol! Is the rr for me? Nope, the spec can be surpassed with aftermarket and the colour is not to my liking, but there is a cachet to it as it is a limited run.

For instance, and Geoff might chime in here, the price of dr750's about 4 years ago were a little over a grand or so. Now clean original ones are ocassionally fetching over three times that!
    I suppose it all boils down to what somone perceives as "value" and in motorcycling terms logic can go out the window. Further examples being the africa twin, sp1/2 and the crazy money folks are paying for original zeds and oem parts. Sure a rot free clean original fluted 78 gs1000 tank is worth a grand, to some.
    Brum Brum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast