Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: deciding which cylinder exhaust and carb to get

Quote Originally Posted by Spudgun60 View Post
    When people ask what cylinder and exhaust to buy. They rarely state when they want from their bike. I always take the standpoint that I'm advising a broke 16'er who need their bike everyday. It had to be reliable and dependable. If the asker wanted something that went like shit of a shovel, then I'd keep silent, as others know more (in this department) than I do.
    This is why I usually start off asking questions. Sure some people get all huffy about that, but really it is the proper way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldis12 View Post
    Yeah, a lot of folks are dont know about torque and rpm ranges, which one is harder to ride and which is not. 2t is full with compromises.
    I don't really think of them as compromises. I think of the engine as flexible. If you want to tune it for torque you can. If you want to tune it for power you can. It's very flexible. Tuning it for both is a little more difficult, but those crazy engineers have found ways to do that too.

apriliaforum Junkie
    I have to agree with this. They are waay more flexible than 4 strokes. BUT most people want torque, high rpm and high speed on small cc bikes WITH managable riding, without any difficulties or liftime problems. Sadly that is not really possible. I'm speaking the under 100cc class. On higher cc's its more possible. Altough High tourque and high RPMs are not really easy to port. They dont really like each other.

For some info, I saw a guy on some Facebook group make a 2t bike with 2 clinders, one was ported for high rpms, one was ported for low rpm high torque. On low rpm only the low rpm cylinder worked. On high rpm only the high rpm one worked. If I remember correctly he made a custom cdi for it and a mechanical weird stuff what disconnected the other crankshaft so just 1 cylinder was spinning. It was fucking interesting. Sadly he ran out of money and wasnt been started up. Someone bought it, now we dont know anything about it

Sounds like an interesting project to read about, but not one that I'd actually want to install on any of my bikes.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Yeah, maybe just for one race or less. It would have propably a reaalllyy small lifetime. Anyway I would try that out once

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123