Thread: Aftermarket Traction Control

apriliaforum prov-nov

Aftermarket Traction Control

I am currently looking into retrofitting my 09 Factory with APRC. I have researched it on this forum and have accumulated all the info I think I need. But I know that if I need any help I can only ask on this forum.

However the question I have is does anyone have any experience on aftermarket systems such as:

Gripone system (S3, S4 or Leone)
    http://www.gripone.com
    Nemesis
    http://www.competitionsystems.co.uk/...nemesistcs.htm

I think price wise they are only slightly cheaper than converting my bike.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Marc

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I have a 2014 R that I'm getting ready to sell. I'll give you a good deal then you won't have to bother

I don't have any specific experience with either of these, but the thing to keep in mind is that they may not just be simple plug and play as stated. The good aftermarket systems are designed for racers that have a tech who can realy set it up well.

If no one here knows em it may be worth checking other bike brand forums just to see what the general feedback is.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

apriliaforum newb
    i was looking up gripone for a while. the inventor is a current motogp engineer. he has worked with good riders. i believe gripone would be a good system. it uses wheel speed sensors and IMU.
    RVF400(RC35,96)
    CBR600 F4I(02)
    GSX-R600(05)
    GSX-R750(06, 08)
    YZF-R1(08)
    CBR1000RR(11)
    RSV4(17)

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Yeah I saw about the dude who invented it and they seem very good but I couldn’t find any actual reviews of them only the system 2.
    It’s just it would save me having to get a tank, dashboard, loom and the sensors.
    To keep it Aprilia I need to get it all second hand as it unreal the cost getting new, even second hand I’m looking at about 1000. Which is still less than the cost of selling mine and getting a new one.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Too bad the gripone doesn't do autoblip also, then it would be a little more value added.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Could I fit a gripone s2 from a CBR 1000 to an RSV4? The coil plugs do not match so I was wondering if there any type of adapters if the difference is only there.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    im not sure. How was the S2? have you ridden other bikes with traction control to compare? Im still looking but will probably do the tried and tested route of APRC

apriliaforum Member
    How long have you owned your bike since new or did you purchase it used? Just curious why you want to add traction control to a bike that is 10 years old? Just seems like a lot of money to pour into a bike a decade old. Traction control is a great feature but we some how did without it for years and survived.

apriliaforum expert
    I agree 1 million percent with the post above.

On top of that, from my observations, you won’t get a cent more for your bike if you try to sell it later on.

You would be much much better just buying a newer model. You only have to move forward one generation and you have TC. Two generations and you have TC and ABS. 3 generations and you have a bike that can barely be compared to the one you have now.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hi guys cheers for the advice but the only way this bike is going is when i throw it down the road. Unfortunately i don't have the excess income to purchase another aprilia, getting this one i traded in two bikes and cash. Unfortunately my days of getting new bikes every 4 years or so are gone. However finding the parts for APRC to keep the costs low will aid me keeping the bike for a little while longer.

Im not doing it for resale i would just like to try and have APRC, surely something is better than nothing.

Also plan Rf headers and Airbox and maybe 2016 swing arm. Not really much else to do with it. All my old jap bikes used to look at ohlins etc but my factory already has them.

I certainly aint quick enough to warrant it but hey. Keep thinking about looking into engine positions and such on newer models and change it but thats a long project way way away....
    Last edited by marc.r1; 05-21-2019 at 04:01 AM. Reason: more info

apriliaforum expert
    That’s valid, but when you add up the costs to do all these things plus the value of your bike you could probably go and buy a newer 2012 model and have change left over...

Anyway, enough on that. If you want to do it then have a good search on here for the parts you need. Occasionally the full kit comes up but more likely you will need to grab things as they come up.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Cheers das134 yeah a lot of decision making on my side but i just keep an eye out for the parts on ebay and here. when cheap enough i buy them.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Hi marc
    hmm

I am also working on Aprc for the 2010 V4R that I just brought.
    I did it once two years ago, so I'll finish it quickly.
    Maybe the dashboard can give you the black one a little cheaper if you want.
    That's 2400 kilometers. Good luck.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Cheers, funds are low at moment as im getting mine back on road which will hopefully be this week. I know what i need to get just need to rob a bank...lol

Quote Originally Posted by marc.r1 View Post
    im not sure. How was the S2? have you ridden other bikes with traction control to compare? Im still looking but will probably do the tried and tested route of APRC
    Guys who I ride with, use it and are really satisfied with it with the results. I haven't ridden them myself but I consider it a big thing regarding ride safety.

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    How long have you owned your bike since new or did you purchase it used? Just curious why you want to add traction control to a bike that is 10 years old? Just seems like a lot of money to pour into a bike a decade old. Traction control is a great feature but we some how did without it for years and survived.
    I bought it second hand 7 years ago. It may be a 10 year old bike, but I love it and personally don't see any reason to replace it. It handles perfectly and I am more than happy with the power it delivers.

Quote Originally Posted by das134 View Post
    I agree 1 million percent with the post above.

On top of that, from my observations, you won’t get a cent more for your bike if you try to sell it later on.

You would be much much better just buying a newer model. You only have to move forward one generation and you have TC. Two generations and you have TC and ABS. 3 generations and you have a bike that can barely be compared to the one you have now.
    I always sell the extras separately, but I have no plans replacing the bike nevertheless.