Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mille R for Sale - Can't Figure it out

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    apriliaforum newb

Question Mille R for Sale - Can't Figure it out

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum here and looking to purchase a Miller R here in Florida. I've always wanted a Yellow 2nd Gen Mille R, but when one comes up, you have to take a look regardless of color.

The one I'm looking at in the ad, I'm unable to figure it out. It looks like it's modded to look like a '03, but it doesn't have radial brakes. Additionally, the owner says that it's a '00, but doesn't look like one to me.

If I take a look at the bike, I'll do a simple VIN lookup to verify, but wanted to refer to the experts in this forum if there are any cosmetic identifying markers that I'm missing.

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/mcy...782995570.html

Thanks,
    Pietro

apriliaforum expert northern phil's Avatar
    That bikes a mishmash from what i can see,

Its got 98-2000 tank
    2001-2002 bodywork
    and late black swingarm.

apriliaforum newb
    I'm no expert, but I'm confused as well. It doesn't have all the carbon fibre of the R model. It does have Ohlins forks though. The non-radial brake is odd for sure. I'm pretty interested in what this is.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by The Red Scourge View Post
    I'm no expert, but I'm confused as well. It doesn't have all the carbon fiber of the R model. It does have Ohlins forks though. The non-radial brake is odd for sure. I'm pretty interested in what this is.
    Thanks for the feedback thus far guys. I really appreciate it.

I'm thinking I'm piecing the story more now. Based on my phone conversation with the current owner, he relayed to me, that the previous owner laid the bike down when gassing up at a gas station with his wife on back. Then sold it on her request. Looks like if he tipped it over, the bodywork was replaced.

However, why are the wheel gold too?

The dash has green lights and the frame does not have the square machining around the swing arm pivot point. It is 98-00 model from the origin.
    Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & KTM 625 SXC -05
    My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.

apriliaforum prov-nov DrumRobson's Avatar
    It also has the smaller front break calipers and the green dashboard. Defo a 98-00 model.

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks, guys for all your help thus far.

The mishmash of parts is starting to make some sense now. When I spoke with the current owner on the phone, he told me the previous owner had laid the bike down with his wife on the back while leaving the gas station. No, I don't know if this happened at the pump oh while merging back onto the road, but it could explain why the bodywork is changed. Supposedly, the wife forced him to sell after the spill.

What really threw me off, is the gold wheels. Those didn't appear until later generations, so it confuses me even more.

He says it’s a 2000 still got the early tank in one pic still has the 2000 seat unit

Take it for what it is ,the body parts all swap about easy if it s good price buy it ..looks clean
    please get in touch if you would like a modded collector,adjustable lock-stops or quick release tank and seat pins

He says it’s a 2000 still got the early tank and in one pic still has the 2000 seat unit

Take it for what it is ,the body parts all swap about easy if it s good price buy it ..looks clean
    please get in touch if you would like a modded collector,adjustable lock-stops or quick release tank and seat pins

apriliaforum newb
    Not sure if my replies are coming through, but with everyone's feedback, I will most likely pas son the bike. It's currently priced on the high end of Kelley's Bluebook value, and with some many nonstock items, I would only be tempted to buy it below the kbb trade-in price.

There's plenty of other good deals out there like this one in Seattle
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Seattle.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	372783  

apriliaforum newb
    Oh for sure! I always have my eye out for a Mille or eventually the RS 250 Cup

Looks like it started life as a 2000 but a couple crashes/rebuilds later it ended up with some 01-02 parts and Ohlins/OZ stuff. Hold out for a better example.

EDIT: Joe just listed his 2003 Mille Edwards Rep for a very reasonable price. If I were you, I would JUMP on this one! It is a fantastic (possible collector item) bike with ZERO issues.
    Last edited by cew; 01-08-2019 at 10:05 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    Yours is a gorgeous bike cew! Congrats on that. Unfortunately, it's double my current budget at the moment. I'm looking to max spend $3500 on a bike at the moment since I'm still throwing money into my Honda NC35.

I'll go an take a look at Joe's bike! Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by cew View Post
    Looks like it started life as a 2000 but a couple crashes/rebuilds later it ended up with some 01-02 parts and Ohlins/OZ stuff. Hold out for a better example.

EDIT: Joe just listed his 2003 Mille Edwards Rep for a very reasonable price. If I were you, I would JUMP on this one! It is a fantastic (possible collector item) bike with ZERO issues.

As redrat said, it looks clean. If it is possible to go and see it for any hidden damage you might be able to steal it at a good price given the info here.
    Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & KTM 625 SXC -05
    My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast