Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crash

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Had a friend who hit a water buffalo at night out from Darwin. Don't know about the buffalo, but my friend didn't survive. Some things you need to avoid. Actually, anyone riding a bike in the Australian outback at night is asking for trouble....
    Damn! I know about water buffalo from my time in SE Asia. Can't imagine plowing into one of those, at night! Here in SoCal, I've been to Mexico many times, and the mantra is never travel at night.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Dont get a windowed cover, the novelty wears off after a week and they are just a heavier bit that adds more places the bike can leak. Money would be better spent on crash protection so if you have another off the damage will be less severe.
    Im running aero bungs, and sliders on the forks and swing arm.
    On the animals front, crashed the same way on my RF600.A cat ran from under a parked car a few winters ago. Hit the brakes, front locked up easier than i was expecting and sent me down the road (should have anticipated the lack of grip on a -2c night.)
    Hit a full grown roe deer at 90mph about 6 years ago on a ZZR.It jumped into the road while i was blitzing round some country lanes. Deer went in two directions, took lower fairings and both foot pegs with it.
    Was still find bits of fur around the bike 3 months later.
    Worst tho. BY FAR. Hit a badger on my GSX750F at 65. That folded the forks and threw me over the bars, it was like hitting a rock. Its no wonder they are so tough, little sods are built like tanks.
    Any small animal i just go loose on the bars and let the bike hit it.Its not worth potentially dying because some one cant keep their pet out of the roads.
    Dorsoduro 750 Factory spec.

Full carbon body work + bellypan.
    Rapid bike Evo remapped.Most external steel bolts replaced with Titanium.
    Arrow exhaust and Decat.Puig racing screen.Talon engineering 15/48 sprockets & DID 525 Xring. Philips Zes 6000K LED headlight conversion. R&G crash protection.

Light weight wheels next .

apriliaforum newb
    I recently finished replacing all the plastics on my Shiver after going off the road. Glad you're alright. Be prepared to buy a few extra 5mm screws that are the most common for all the plastics. The little clip fasteners as well will come in handy if you lost any. Amazing to see your radiator is in good shape, mine to a good bit of the impact.

When you replace your rear brake lever, be very careful when fastening the new one. The aluminium mounting point in the rearset is very easy to strip.

apriliaforum newb
    Damn man that is some serious animal magnet right there, jokes aside its good to hear you are still riding.I wont be buying the glass cover I already ordered the normal clutch cover. It says it will arrive at the end of the month, until then I will be rocking on my ktm 625

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by splendidman View Post
    Damn man that is some serious animal magnet right there, jokes aside its good to hear you are still riding.
    Cheers, thankfully no incidents yet with my DD haha. (not counting a sparrow hitting me in the chest, too small to be an issue)

I live in the north west UK. Most of the roads i ride are rural through woodland or open farm lands.Its not uncommon in the peak district to find sheep casually walking down the road.Just used to seeing a lot of animals where i live .
    Dorsoduro 750 Factory spec.

Full carbon body work + bellypan.
    Rapid bike Evo remapped.Most external steel bolts replaced with Titanium.
    Arrow exhaust and Decat.Puig racing screen.Talon engineering 15/48 sprockets & DID 525 Xring. Philips Zes 6000K LED headlight conversion. R&G crash protection.

Light weight wheels next .

apriliaforum expert
    i had a bird strike on my helmet at 140mph once. missed the visor by like 2 inches.

I think it was a dove... it regretted that mistake.
    Don't be a jerk... jerk

2016 KTM 250 xc
    2013 KTM 350 xcf ---------------SOLD
    2011 Husqvarna 630 ------------SOLD
    2007 KTM Superduke 990-------SOLD
    2009 Dorsoduro 750
    2003 KLX 400R
    2009 YZ450 -----------------------SOLD
    2007 ZZR600 ----------------------SOLD
    2006 CBR600RR ------------------SOLD
    2009 Ninja 250 -------------------SOLD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12