Thread: My tuono Racing!

apriliaforum Member

My tuono Racing!

So my Tuono Racing has had a bit of a tough time and i am too blame!

I feel i need to tell you all about it not sure why but anyhow here goes.

I had to replace the sprag clutch which went without incident.

But while doing that i thought i will do a major service bike has done around 46000 miles valve clearances replace the shock go single side exhaust as it had twin stubby system, So purchesed one of redrats modded collectors and a gabro fiona chip and keep the 57mm tb.
    So changed everything over bought a new ohlins shock from italy some genuine decals too.
    Then disaster struck (one after the other) so a few of the valve clearances were at the limits. So took the cam holder off and i watched a washer slip down inside the casing.
    Then after a few hours with various magnets with no joy i started taking various parts off the engine i got the washer eventually but in the process snapped a head of a bolt.
    So decision made engine out and got the bolt drilled out.
    Then decided okay take the heads off and put new oil stem seals in as they were a little gunked up lapped valves lovely job if i do say so myself!

So i replaced all with new fluids etc fired it up lumpy and what looked like oil leaking from the base gasketo switched off started to strip down to ensure i had timed it correctly
    Then lost the house we rented so had to coble it together too move. but next house doesnt have garage or shed so found a bit of space in a garage but never had time to do work on it and it was miles away from my house as i normally just have an hour here and there.

So now the dilema what to do.
    I love working on my bike myself but 2 months and no action on the bike.
    So in swoops an offer from Aprilia performance in tamworth get the bike to me and see whats up with it.

So 22nd december bike takes off from here in the isle of man to tamworth its horrible giving your bike to someone you dont know in a transit van.
    However a day later bike arrives at its destination.

Iam unsure of the prognoses however i have every faith in Griff at aprilia performance and he has such a great reputation here in the uk.

I will keep you updated and hopefully i havent screwed the bike up too much and will be fixable.
    Aprilia rsvr
    Tuono Racing number 088

apriliaforum expert J.R. Bob Dobbs's Avatar
    Sorry to hear. Hopefully it will soon be all sorted for you.

Hindsight being what it is, should have left well enough alone. That’s my motto, not just due to laziness but things sometimes fall apart when disturbed.
    Jap bikes suck.

apriliaforum Member
    Must be a bitch not having a garage.
    I'm on my second cylinder, doing my shim changes now; you really do have to be careful...a rag covering the cam chain tunnel would've save you a lot of hassle.
    I had one gap under the lower limit, 3 on the lower limit and 4 0.01mm above, so I've replaced every shim.
    You know AP will sort your bike out and it'll be as good as new.

apriliaforum Member
    Thanks guys
    Yes should of left well alone.
    Griff is certainly the guy for the job no question.
    Will keep you informed
    Aprilia rsvr
    Tuono Racing number 088

Hope it Goes Well By The way the Stickers For The Carbon Hump I Had Off You Look fab.
    Rsvr 2000
    Rsvr 2002
    Tuono Factory 2005
    Tuono Racing 2004

She'll be right mate.
    If Griff mucks it up, tell him I will jump thru this internett thingy and rip his bloody arms off.
    Cheers.
    Oh, and if ya need a bed, I've got a spare. Bit warm ere tho. 36 tomorrow.
    Tuono Racing + KTM 990 Adventure =

apriliaforum Member
    That's great those decals are good.
    I actually managed to buy a near full set of genuine decals to go with my race kit.
    Rossguzzi I am certain griff will get it right. He's made a bit of a start but it's only firing on 1. Also a few other bits. Not sure what's going to happen possibly engine out.
    Aprilia rsvr
    Tuono Racing number 088