Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premix or oil pump - what do you run ?

apriliaforum prov-nov

Question Premix or oil pump - what do you run ?

Im thinking I might remove the oil pump and run premix, just wondered what you guys tend to do ?

I like the idea of knowing exactly what my mix is and not worrying about the pump feed.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Put up this type of cover, after you removed the pump, so the gear oil wont leak out. After this you can use Motul 800 in premix, that stuff is fikkin fukkin high quiality oil. It doesnt create a carbon layer like some others. Motul 800 has two edition, one for road race(for high rpm, over 12k) and one for cross(bellow 12k) choose the one that you would need.

apriliaforum Junkie THE BROWN NOTE's Avatar
    Expensive oil ain't necessary. Exol M095 costs less than 45 per 20L drum. 32:1 ratio works. Carbon layer?.. of course.. its a two smoker ffs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0004-004.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	484.3 KB 
ID:	371351
    Sent from my computer using the keyboard

apriliaforum Junkie
    If you would care a littlebit about your bike you would know that isn't true. I saw a lot of pistons and cylinders. In the exhaust port and the top of the piston it was been completely built up by carbon. The only way was to get it down was a littlebit of sandpaper. We use these oil for racing. Motul 800 is the top-notch. No carbon at all. Which is good for better performance. And of course if you think about it the exhaust wont get full with carbon too. If you want the best for your bike choose Motul. If you don't care a shit about it then cheaper oil is a good choice too.
    Last edited by Kaldis12; 12-06-2018 at 04:48 PM.

apriliaforum Member
    Oof, always use high quality 2 stroke oil. On 4 smokers it doesn't really matter what you use engine longevity wise, but 2 smokers always need nice fully synthetic oil for a clean burn, as kaldis said, no carbon build-up.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    power1 tts by castrol or something similar...no need to go for something over 10/l,because its cheaper to rebuild it every 2years then.

I’m Injector on all street bikes and pre-mix on all track bikes.

As far as oil, I primarily use Motul, but have started using Castrol in my daily ridden SR50 scoot.
    Current:Newd, twinturba, Max, Bangkok, Derbi ADV

Past: NCXD, '16 & '15 RC390, '11 Madass,'12 PW50, KTM BR 65, Aprilia BR50, '06 & 98 Aprilia RS125, '04 DRD, 08 WR250X, 7x '03 Derbi SM's, 10x 99-04 Aprilia RS50's, 2x Derbi GPR, 2x Aprilia RS250, '95 & 00 Mito 125, '04 & '95 NSR50R, '90 NS50, '94 Honda RS125, '90 Honda RS80, '88 YSR63 (1st 2stroke!), '89FZ600, '89KLR250(1st Bike!)

I Need Parts!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldis12 View Post
    If you would care a littlebit about your bike you would know that isn't true. I saw a lot of pistons and cylinders. In the exhaust port and the top of the piston it was been completely built up by carbon.
    I've seen foam filters caked with mud.

apriliaforum Junkie
    I have tried power1, tts. They both creating a carbon layer after like 2l's of oil. The only oil that I found is not creating it is Motul 710 and 800.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Kaldis,are your clothes having that smell of oil after riding?When you use motul...I have problem with that 2stroke smell with every oil,but didnt try motul

apriliaforum Junkie
    If you have an MX type of pipe, your clothes will have a smell. But with the motul 800 its different. It has a very pleasant smell to it. If you have an exhaust which goes under the engine to the side of the wheel you would get any smell. Altough I fucking love the smell of Motul 800. I dont mind my clothes.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I had a look at the oil pump this morning. It wasn’t turning round to full at the stopper when full throttle. The joy of buying second hand bikes ! It was about 1/8 of a turn away at least. I adjusted the cable to get it just about to the stopper when full throttle.
    Went to start bike and it’s peed fuel out the overflow again argghggh. Time for carb off again and if it’s dirty I’ll have to drain the tank.

Here's an oil measuring bottle with screw cap that doesn't leak.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2018-12-07 16.32.42.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	376.3 KB 
ID:	371392

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldis12 View Post
    If you have an MX type of pipe, your clothes will have a smell. But with the motul 800 its different. It has a very pleasant smell to it. If you have an exhaust which goes under the engine to the side of the wheel you would get any smell. Altough I fucking love the smell of Motul 800. I dont mind my clothes.
    yea starting to think that i could be because of pipe...didnt have problems with tzr and rs,only enduro...

its.problem when u use bike for transport not for fun...ca.t rly go on drink with oil smell and parfume

apriliaforum Junkie
    Just get used to the smell (Motul 800 has an awesome smell). I just love it. Its so unique. Its just awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast