Thread: Slip on can with standard cat.

apriliaforum prov-nov

Slip on can with standard cat.

Hi. I just got the tuono v4 2013 with all standard exhaust. Can i just use any slip on cans while remain the original cat? I knew if we used slip on exhaust n remove the cat, we need to use the race ecu. Need your feedback.

Thank you.

apriliaforum expert
    nope.

cat is IN the slip on.. you either buy a slip on with a cat in it..i think Akrapovic makes one.. or buy one with out a cat in it.. and put a racemap in it with a laptop and 30$ worth of cables ( to upload the map in the ecu)

depends on you purpose, do you have the exhaust valve still hooked up with cables ?

Don’t believe the cat is in the ‘13 exhaust end can. That did happen until much later on - within the last year or so I think.

If you use a slip-on with a link pipe to remove the cat, you can use the standard ECU if the new slip-on has a bd killer inserted... as per the Akra offering. If you want to run without the bd killer, get a Race or Gabro ECU.
    2015 Tuono V4 1100 Factory
    Brembo RCS19 MC, Akrapovic Exhaust, GRT ECU, DNA filter, Lightech levers, rear-sets & chain adjusters, Evotech tail-tidy, Evotech fork & swingarm sliders, Cox Racing Rad Guard & Aprilia Factory Forged Alloys.

2012 Tuono V4 APRC Fast
    Black.... Sold
    Yamaha MT-10 SP... sold, boring Jap appliance.

apriliaforum Junkie johnnyjellybean's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PRC001 View Post
    Don’t believe the cat is in the ‘13 exhaust end can. That did happen until much later on - within the last year or so I think. .
    The cat IS in the muffler on a '13
    2013 Tuono V4
    2007 Harley Streetbob 120RWHP/120RWTQ
    2004 Ducati Monster M1000 S ie
    1995 Ducati Monster M900

apriliaforum prov-nov
    My mechanic just open the standard exhaust cover n cut the above the standard catalyte n put the slip on muffler.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by PRC001 View Post
    Don’t believe the cat is in the ‘13 exhaust end can. That did happen until much later on - within the last year or so I think.

it's in the exhaust.. that smaller lump before the "silencer".

Quote Originally Posted by zulheikal View Post
    My mechanic just open the standard exhaust cover n cut the above the standard catalyte n put the slip on muffler.

geez you're going through a lot of trouble not to install a race map and a standard slip on..

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
    it's in the exhaust.. that smaller lump before the "silencer".

geez you're going through a lot of trouble not to install a race map and a standard slip on..
    Wow..is it will be a real trouble? Must put ecu race if we put slip on with the standard catalyte converter?.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    My aprilia dealer here told me its not necessary to put ecu race if just a slip on. Some more i didnt use the aftermarket mid pipe.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Yes bro..my exhaust valve still hook up with cables.

apriliaforum expert
    Wow..is it will be a real trouble? Must put ecu race if we put slip on with the standard catalyte converter?.
    no you don't have to... it will work fine.. but you're going through a lot of trouble to get this welded in place in order to keep the catalyte converter.. which is useless as they will be no gains to put a welded slip onto the catalyte converter..

My aprilia dealer here told me its not necessary to put ecu race if just a slip on. Some more i didnt use the aftermarket mid pipe.
    true it works.. but some here have had fueling issues doing this..

Yes bro..my exhaust valve still hook up with cables.
    if it's just noise you want, just start by removing the cables on the exhaust valve.. leave the motor actuator plugged in...

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
    no you don't have to... it will work fine.. but you're going through a lot of trouble to get this welded in place in order to keep the catalyte converter.. which is useless as they will be no gains to put a welded slip onto the catalyte converter..

true it works.. but some here have had fueling issues doing this..

if it's just noise you want, just start by removing the cables on the exhaust valve.. leave the motor actuator plugged in...

Thank you very much for your information. Yes currently im excited about the sound. Will change to ori akra n remap ecu soon. Already did dyno, a bit rich but still safe.