Thread: Nera Rear Wheel Measurement

Nera Rear Wheel Measurement

The subject is Nera wheels (OZ Magnesium). The rear normally comes with an aluminum spacer plate that goes behind the rear disk. That spacer plate has (5) steel bolts attached to it to trigger the Hall-type speedo sensor. It needs the steel bolts because Titanium is standard and will obviously not trigger the sensor.

The question is how thick is that aluminum spacer plate? O.D., I.D. would be nice, too. Photo?

For those that need to know, The Punisher uses a 2006 GSXR 1000 instrument panel. The speedometer needs 10 pulses for every revolution of the wheel. Since the stock Aprilia wheel has 5 bolts holding on the brake rotor, simply adding (5) steel bolts will give the 10 pulses per rotation needed.

Thanks.

Team Punisher/AF1 Racing:
    World's Fastest Aprilia RSV 200.8mph
    Texas Mile Record Holder - Fastest Twin
    ------------------------------

2014/2015 Moto West Grand Prix Formula Singles Champion
    2016 WERA West Clubman Expert and D Superbike Champion

Sorry but i cant answer the question however the punnisher is a bike we have all heard ablout but ive never seen any pics of it or know if it even still exists. If so is it an ongoing project bike.
    I need info....
    Please

Sure i have an article somewhere on the work laptop
    please get in touch if you would like a modded collector,adjustable lock-stops or quick release tank and seat pins

please get in touch if you would like a modded collector,adjustable lock-stops or quick release tank and seat pins

Punisher

Quote Originally Posted by ned View Post
    Sorry but i cant answer the question however the punnisher is a bike we have all heard ablout but ive never seen any pics of it or know if it even still exists. If so is it an ongoing project bike.
    I need info....
    Please
    Ned - there are all kinds of threads on this forum if you search for them. It was a 2011 (successful) effort to make a v-twin go 200 mph in a standing mile. In collaboration with Micah and AF1 Racing.

The Punisher sat for a number of years waiting to be turned back into a street bike. The electrics had to be remodeled extensively to support lights, signals, horn, etc. But that part is finally complete. The Megasquirt ecu programming was good enough for the racing job, but not as seamless on the street as I had hoped.

But now I have the ecu reprogrammed waiting for a dyno date in the next few weeks. It made as much as 191 rwhp with race fuel and water-methanol injection. Will probably make 175 or so now with just pump gas and water-methanol. Well, maybe more. Those numbers I was quoting were AF1 Racing's Factory Pro dyno numbers. Doesn't really matter, as it is fast AF now.

Photos to come later. But it is a pretty good street ride now. I will open the technical stuff up for discussion after I get some dyno numbers and photos.

BTW, stunning job on engineering your turbo sled.

Marc

Hey Marc, have you posted your request on any other boards? Those Nera wheels fit a lot of models. Great to hear the punisher is rolling again

Ahh . I think i started reading it once but got sidetracked be a link to a guy who built a pulse jet drag bike.
    I know what you mean about getting these engines smooth enough for street riding. Mines insane on boost but a pig off boost .
    This got sorted recently by running a diferent eprom . I was running stock falco timing +7 degrees and putting a dr rossi eprom on ironed out the massive hole at 5500.
    Its a little lean cruisking now cos it surges a little but its a pleasure to ride now.what boost did the punisher run at

IF memory serves me, the most boost we got out of the undersized Rotrex supercharger was around 12 psi (180 kPa). We pulled every trick we could to get more boost, including overdrive pulley and water-methanol into the supercharger inlet and down the TB's. All to increase charge density. It was a Spoon Valley Racing kit, and it would have required complete re-engineering to put the larger SC in there. When it became obvious we didn't have enough to go 200mph, I added a wet nitrous system. That was enough! We only used about a 60 shot, as we were trying to hold the pieces together.

So we did what we could with what we had. Micah always said to go turbo, but I thought the SC would have better drivability. It was supposed to be a street bike, and now it has come home to roost.

just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by derbybrit1 View Post
    The question is how thick is that aluminum spacer plate? O.D., I.D. would be nice, too. Photo?
    I have one of these spacers that I'm not using, I can measure it later today and let you know.
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

Quote Originally Posted by amauri View Post
    I have one of these spacers that I'm not using, I can measure it later today and let you know.
    Hold off... I have a plan B. Will advise.