Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Might move along

She's Gone - Might move along

Well, have a new toy in the garage that's taking up a lot of my time,

Name:  New Camaro (2).JPG
Views: 210
Size:  121.1 KB

With house remodel this year, travel plans, my youngest transitioning from 8th to catholic high school (read $$$ = more work), all these things look like my riding season for the next year or so will be limited. I've also been looking at 1290's - but that's another concept altogether.

I have posted up a feeler out on ADVRider in the bike sale section - it has a list for the spares cave items. Most of you guys know of my obsession with collecting parts.

So we will see. Just hate to have the bike sit for another year - hardly rode much in 2018 and have a lot to do around the house, still in the works to sell and move for retirement - just dates pushed back as wife wants daughter to stay here in the SF bay area for high school.
    Last edited by Matt fe2o3; 12-11-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    06' Caponord

apriliaforum newb
    Greetings,

Saw your posting on the advriders.com forum and was wondering if you had any pictures of the Roadsters R/R mounting?

TIA

Mike

apriliaforum Member
    I'm collecting. Couldn't find your post on that other site. I am drive close and could probably make a nice dent in your inventory.

Ah, found it. PM'd you.
    Last edited by CapoEVT; 12-03-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CapoEVT View Post
    I'm collecting. Couldn't find your post on that other site. I am drive close and could probably make a nice dent in your inventory.

Ah, found it. PM'd you.
    Yea it's here: https://advrider.com/f/threads/06-ca...#post-36487675
    06' Caponord

apriliaforum Member
    Ok, let's get together. PMd you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt fe2o3 View Post
    That's one hell of a long post. $4,000 worth of parts plus a $3500 bike - all for $3500
    Oh wait...what am I laughing at? I'll likely be offering the same deal in the Spring.

Stu

Et tu, Brute?
    2002 Capo Wilbers rear shock, Wilbers front progressive springs, Metal fuel connectors, polaris sh775 series regulator direct wired, silicone vacuum lines, catfish map, CNC clutch slave, autoelectrics coils (2)sides, Triumph Denso 3990's centers, k&n air filter, all LED lighting, SS brake and clutch lines, Givi tall screen, Triumph tiger 955i mirrors, dual horns. Pure copper 4 gauge battery cables. Rox risers.

apriliaforum Member
    Every Caponord that moves into another garage means the line continues. Too many biks end up as a parts list on Ebay. Caponords it seems, just move on to make another rider happy. Just think, we could be 1200GS owners who are giving away nearly new bikes to get the shiny new 1250. The gizmos on the 1250GS sure are nice but I already have a mortgage and it comes with a garage and a Caponord.

Quote Originally Posted by bkmo View Post
    Et tu, Brute?
    Not my choice, really. I'll keep it as long as I can safely handle it, but that time is getting short for medical reasons. Even with its warts, I still like the Capo more than any large road bike I've owned.

apriliaforum newb
    cool car. 6 speed?

No, A8.
    06' Caponord

apriliaforum expert the_toe_cutter's Avatar
    Lovely looking car Matt!
    For the money could you not just sit on the bike for a while till you have more time to enjoy it? Be a shame to regret selling a highly sorted machine and maybe miss it?
    Brum Brum

It went pending pretty quick - but I'm not naming names I have to remember to pull out the TDC tool to pass along as well. Many lots of spares - that collection obsession was an activity in itself. Funny that - our daughter (now 13) we adopted through the US/China program 11/12 years ago is every bit the stitch of me - as my Dublin wife says. Ahh its true. You guys all came along right after.

Yea - lot to do - we were going for retirement but wife (and she's a grand lady in fairness) has some other plans for the next short while - unless our youngest does not get in to the 20k A YEAR high school.... Out here you have to pay to play for kids education... She's MD material (if we can get her off the xBox) - love of our life - as is the boy as well - who's finishing his MBA on the company's dime!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stu_O View Post
    That's one hell of a long post. $4,000 worth of parts plus a $3500 bike - all for $3500
    Oh wait...what am I laughing at? I'll likely be offering the same deal in the Spring. Stu
    Hey Stu - LOL - I actually sold another spare front earlier wheel this year - it was like pulling teeth to get me to do it.

The great thing about the spares lot I got from Italy (and Karl MotoAbr - was the savior in shipping) was the front forks. Just swap them out if a leak develops and rebuild whenever the spirit moves - but OEM never has leaked - HAHAHA. The cost for new complete forks is now like 750 per side. FFS.... But I think we all know 50mm forks will likely go after the headstock. The triple tree (upper and lower) I bought from AF1 when they had the nice adjusted price tape - now the lower is unobtainium?. Nice piece to have.

I love the Capo and you guys here as well. I put out the feeler as a "what the heck" with a lot of reservation. But seems like a good home is in store. THis is a great forum - if you guys can teach me - you can teach anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by CapoEVT View Post
    Every Caponord that moves into another garage means the line continues. Too many biks end up as a parts list on Ebay. Caponords it seems, just move on to make another rider happy. Just think, we could be 1200GS owners who are giving away nearly new bikes to get the shiny new 1250. The gizmos on the 1250GS sure are nice but I already have a mortgage and it comes with a garage and a Caponord.
    Right you are, I will say the Ricks tall seat I thought was hard - but going to Shell, Wy and back this summer (the long way) it was really a decent seat and much better than OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_toe_cutter View Post
    Lovely looking car Matt!
    For the money could you not just sit on the bike for a while till you have more time to enjoy it? Be a shame to regret selling a highly sorted machine and maybe miss it?
    Well first off don't think I won't be over to irritate you in person. It's on my list of things to do. We won't make 2019 to IRE unless something happens - but 2020 for sure we are there in Malahide and apparently Hungary as well (WTF?). The new owner might let me visit and go for a ride all the same.

The car is wicked TC. 455 HP / 455 TQ - an animal. Just an animal. Heh heh heh. Just incredible. Heh heh heh.

And yes I can. The bike not getting used. Paying the insurance and reg every year just to drive the Camaro.... Just trying to organize life and I need garage space.

But first things first. Cheers - I'm gonna still be around.
    Last edited by Matt fe2o3; 12-08-2018 at 07:08 AM.
    06' Caponord

Quote Originally Posted by yosso View Post
    Greetings,

Saw your posting on the advriders.com forum and was wondering if you had any pictures of the Roadsters R/R mounting?

TIA

Mike
    Mike, I am sorry - I missed your post earlier. Pardon the garage mess. The CE 605 true series r/r has been replaced with a different model by Jack at Roadster. This is what I did:

Name:  IMG_1517.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  112.8 KBName:  IMG_1511.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  98.2 KB

Basically this is a series unit that was used for some (?) Harleys. The Aprilia racing guys used it with great success. I can say hands down the unit is great. Has an auto reset fuse thing (never tripped) and ran 14.1 to 14.2 all the way from SF to Shell, Wy and back. The newer ones are smaller.
    06' Caponord

Matt, Any chance I can convince you to sell me just the following spares? Assuming you haven't sold the bike yet?

1.) New wheel spokes, nipples and grub screws – should be enough for a complete front and rear wheel lace.
    2.) One new sunstar rear sprocket.
    -Swaff
    Seattle, WA
    2007 Caponord

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast