Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Water Pump Seals

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by kzmille View Post
    6mm ID

OH thankx mate.. thats why in AF1 web stated 6x10.. 10 must be OD..

FYI, the CanAm water pump shaft and seal assembly works well. Changed everything out last week per kzmille's directions and 100 miles later it's still water tight. $32.99 at my local CanAm dealer and about $50 more at AF1 for all other seals, gaskets and washers. Thanks for all of the great information.

apriliaforum expert
    After about 1.000 KM no leaks at all.

apriliaforum newb

Removing V2 1000 waterpump seal

Hi Guys, I have got lots of great info from this forum, like to possibly return the favour. When I removed my WP seal today, I blocked the two holes that the manual says to drive seals out with, with Al rivets, not completely engaged (just put some pressure on the wire). I then tapped for 1/4" grease nipple at the WP drain hole. Then fitted nipple and pressurised with grease- WP seal and shaft popped out easy as you'd like- no mutilation. The wires in the rivets pulled out after a tap on the top, one rivet fell out after that, the other responded to a little drilling. Perhaps could have used a grease injector type tip, instead of the thread and nipple. Anyhoo, another way to pull the waterpump out, cheers

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789