Thread: RSV Mille Yr 2000 - Flashing EFI with Diag -1

apriliaforum newb

RSV Mille Yr 2000 - Flashing EFI with Diag -1

Hi All

This is my first posting, so please be kind – I bought the Mille below about 5 months ago and it was running fine:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mille.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	232.2 KB 
ID:	368719
    I hadn’t used it for around a month and when I went to start it, I received a continuous flashing EFI screen, but the bike appeared to run fine. However, after reading through some forums, I plugged in the diagnostic wires and received a ‘Diag -1’ message when I turned on the ignition – this, I am led to believe, mean the TPS is out and requires adjustment.

Firstly, I tried to wind out the idler/slow running knob, but it was stuck fast. However, I thought I’d try and adjust the TPS anyway – I lifted the tank to find the ‘modification below (YIKES!):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ouch.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	217.4 KB 
ID:	368720

Anyway, I tried to adjust the TPS, but I am still receiving the ‘-1 ‘ message irrespective of how much or which way the adjustment was made – any ideas/suggestions on what to do next?

Many thanks

Adam

This might help.

http://apriliarsv.com/aprilia-rsvr/5...ostic-1-a.html

ive not seen the airfilter held like that before ! Someones trousers must be around his ankles lol belt and braces ! and not good for filtering air !

apriliaforum Member
    Its just a variation on an open air box theme; the air is filtered and the rubber seal allows the top of the tank to become part of the air box with the original having been removed.
    Your ECU should have a replacement chip to run with it and a modded collector if you're lucky.
    I thought the TPS indication will only read zero when the idle screw is wound to shut the butterflies closed; guessing someone can confirm this, or otherwise.
    btw, you should have a tank prop on the bike, clipped on the left hand subframe under the rear cowling cover.
    There's a thread called 'EFI light' just below this one, take a look: https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...3204-EFI-light
    Last edited by Stevex; 10-13-2018 at 10:55 AM.

apriliaforum newb
    cheers guys, for responding and the advice - the previous owner did mention about a modded collector box and it being 'chipped' - Stevex, is the idle screw supposed to be wound shut then, alongside the 'mods' made?

As I am still receiving the '-1' error message, after moving the TPS through maximum adjustment, in both directions, I presume something else is causing this error - the battery voltage is not the best 12.1 (according to the display), but after reading through the previous posts, I presume I should check wiring, diode module, etc., which will probably be next weekend now (pi**ing down with rain and no garage )- however, any further pointers/suggestions will be much appreciated (petrol, matches and alcohol will be the last resort )

wind the idle screw right out before trying to set the tps. you will be able to see when the idle stop clears the adjuster. the dash takes a couple of seconds to refresh, so take your time getting to 0
    "I like to put a little silicone grease on the seals, too, to keep them looking young and fresh like a prom queen." - SoulDaddy

apriliaforum Member
    As Falcopops confirms, wind adjuster knob so butterflies are fully closed. To check this, follow the idle adjuster cable to the left side of the throttle bodies, should be visible under the left side of the fuel tank.
    Wind the knob anti clockwise until you see the adjuster stop go clear of the throttle linkage mechanism. This is when your TPS should read 0. When you're done, adjuster the knob clockwise until your engine idles at 1000-1250rpm (with a warm engine). Disconnect your diag wires.
    Don't think this is related to your EFI warning though.