Thread: Do you think this will work?

apriliaforum prov-nov

Do you think this will work?

I am repairing a Scarabeo 200. Apparently a bolt broke in the magneto/stator/flywheel are and damaged the whole set up. I have a new stator but trying ot find a flywheel for less than a bank loan had been challenging. I am ready to put everything back together and try the old flywheel, but was curious what you all might thinkClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2040.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	496.3 KB 
ID:	368313Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2039.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	497.1 KB 
ID:	368312. The flywheel also has a small ding in it as shown in pic #1
    2016 Piaggio BV 350
    2008 Yamaha WR 250

apriliaforum expert
    Less than $150 as I recall and cheaper than having an out of balance flywheel ruin the crank and engine case. Its no longer in balance and will continue to do incremental damage to the bike every moment the engine is running.

If you have a local dealer you may be surprised at how they may beat AF1's online prices sometimes by quite a large margin. Try walking in and talking to the folks at the parts counter as they may surprise you with a very competitive price.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks Rocky, completely forgot about the balance issue, I owe you for that one.
    Now, I cant seem to find a flywheel. everyone is OOS and not expected to US til December. Does the Piaggio and rotax flywheel match or are they Differnt? Anyone know of anybody selling Aprilia parts (besides me) Ebay is no luck
    2016 Piaggio BV 350
    2008 Yamaha WR 250

apriliaforum expert
    The Aprilia Scarabeo 200 has a unique engine made in China that I do not believe is shared among any other models from the Piaggio Family. It requires a different tool set to work on and Piaggio appears to have squashed it when they phased out the Scarabeo and most other Aprilia Scooters.

According to AF1 Piaggio has made this a special order item meaning availability is no longer listed and can be 5 -7 days if you get lucky or 6 to 8 weeks if it has to come from Italy however since I last checked the price has dropped about $20 to $136.40:

http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scrip...23&action=View

You may want to call AF1 and see if they can start the process while your on the phone and verify if its going to be days or weeks.