Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: MotoE in 2019

apriliaforum expert craigo298er's Avatar
    that sucks for MotoE...I hope it wasn't any bike or team equipment that caused it

Not the best marketing for e-bikes.
    Beware the festive dog; drive soothingly over the grease-mud, for therein lies the skid demon.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming in terror, like his passengers -- Jack Handey

Moto E. Setting the racing world on fire!
    "The vehicle is constructed of inedible parts. Do not bite, suck, chew or swallow any part of the vehicle for any reason whatever".
    (RS250 manual 9:16)

^
    Haha. There were doubts it wouldn’t. How wrong they were.
    Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & KTM 625 SXC -05
    My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.

http://motogpnews.com/2019/03/14/who...point-fingers/

If there’s one thing Bono loves more than saving the planet it’s telling everyone he’s saving the planet. The pint-sized buffoon never misses a chance to get on TV to help inform us what he’s up to, how much he cares and why he is a better person than us all. Then there’s just time to release a crappy, generic song with all profits going to his and his band’s Swiss bank account.

What Bono doesn’t like, however, is people stepping on his very small, child-like shoes. And it looks even worse if they’re actually helping the planet and not just poncing around indoors in dated sunglasses for selfless self-promotion reasons.

It’s rumoured that the miniature moron was furious with Formula E executives for ignoring his sensible suggestion of having the image of his face on the front each car depicting a scene with Archangel Gabriel. With MotoE also failing to recognise him as the planet’s saviour maybe this was a warning shot across Dorna’s bows?
    Beware the festive dog; drive soothingly over the grease-mud, for therein lies the skid demon.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather, not screaming in terror, like his passengers -- Jack Handey

Best thing to happen to moto-e since it was started..
    Current: '07 Aprilia Tuono Factory, '07 BMW R1200GS
    Past: '14 Aprilia Tuono V4, '17 KTM RC390, '07 KTM Superduke 990, '07 Husqvarna SM610

Quote Originally Posted by antarius View Post
    Best thing to happen to moto-e since it was started..
    why's that?

Quote Originally Posted by craigo298er View Post
    why's that?
    Because it's fucking terrible and this new rage of forcing shit racing series / technology down our throat is annoying.

Hopefully MotoE disappears for good.
    Past: '14 Aprilia Tuono V4, '17 KTM RC390, '07 KTM Superduke 990, '07 Husqvarna SM610

Because it's fucking terrible and this new rage of forcing shit racing series / technology down our throat is annoying.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, as far as I know (and if I were a betting man, I'd bet on it), no one was forcing you to watch it, read about it, or comment on it (if they were, then you should get help).

More bad news, electric vehicles are an evolution of what we have nowadays. Just because you like your ICE motorcycle doesn't mean electric ain't gonna happen. Don't like it, don't buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by craigo298er View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but, as far as I know (and if I were a betting man, I'd bet on it), no one was forcing you to watch it, read about it, or comment on it (if they were, then you should get help).

More bad news, electric vehicles are an evolution of what we have nowadays. Just because you like your ICE motorcycle doesn't mean electric ain't gonna happen. Don't like it, don't buy one.
    This is a forum, bud. That means people write stuff, create topics, and others comment on it. I don't watch Moto-E, just like I don't watch the electric version of Isle of Mann or buy electric motorcycles. That doesn't mean I won't opine on them. I stand by my statement, best thing to happen to this series yet.

just like I don't watch the electric version of Isle of Mann
    Why not?
    seesecurity.com.au

Aja - When all my dime dancin' is through
    I think it’s really sad. All these riders and their teams, all their efforts and hard work, all the sacrifice and cash input is gone.

Miserable cunts that only give a fuck about their personal world notwithstanding, this is not good for any two wheeled sport.

Of course, this is a forum and that means people write stuff, create topics, and others comment without thinking shit through about the ingenuity and hard work that go into racing. Just m.o.
    “When you're dead, you don't know you're dead—just like when you're stupid.” Someone

“Trump? He’s as stupid as a man who bought his stupid at a two for one sale.” Nancy.

apriliaforum expert
    I don't know. I think this IS one of the best things to happen to MotoE, but not for the reasons some others may think. I think it is the most amount of publicity MotoE has gotten since it was started. As long as they can build enough new bikes and replace the gear lost, they will likely have more people paying attention to the series when it gets out on track than they would have had if this had never happened.
    As they saying goes, there is no "bad" publicity, only publicity.

They also say that there an exception to every rule. An entire race series burning to the ground, coupled with the recent Tesla fires, is bad publicity for the series, Tesla and e-vehicles in general.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Now and then an innocent man is sent to the legislature.

apriliaforum expert

I like the roar or scream of a good IC engine but electric is the way of of our future. Motor racing at the GP level has traditionally been at the leading edge of technology, it doesn't have to be but that requires a change in the paradigm of MotoGP and F1. When Electric is more ubiquitous then there will be different manufacturers on the grid and inter-company rivalry will be back. I think in the future Electric powered vehicles will have an artificial sound like the Jetson's air cars, each company will have a sound which is uniquely theirs and maybe we'll say "man, I like the sound of that bike", maybe.

Let them push the technology, as it has been in the past.

Cheers

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast