Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2004 RSV1000r Factory

apriliaforum Member
    Feedback Score

2007 RSV1000r Factory

For sale is my 2007 April RSV1000r Factory. To get it out of the way I'll start off with it has a rebuilt title. This was from the previous owner and was about 8 years ago, I have not had any issues with that whatsoever. During summer 2016 I decided to do a color change and painted it BMW Yas Marina Blue and it is stunning and works really well with the gold frame and wheels.

On to the good stuff, aside from the custom paint it has Forged OZ wheels, Front and rear Ohlins adjustable suspension, Power Commander, Full header back Akropovic titanium exhaust, Carbon fiber all over, Shorty levers, Larger diameter clutch slave cylinder, Bubble windshield, and Im sure Im missing a few things.

Ive always took good care of this bike. Oil change at the beginning of the season, mid season, and then the end of the season when it gets winterized and tucked away. Valves were checked before the 2017 season and were all in spec. The clutch jet was replaced for smoother shifts into neutral. A passenger seat is also included with the sale and front and rear bike stands.

Please contact me with any questions. Has about 12,700 miles and Im asking SOLD

Last edited by APR-RSV44; Yesterday at 09:56 AM.

apriliaforum newb
    Feedback Score
    Good looking bike. GLWS.
    2014 Aprilia RSV4
    2001 Aprilia RSV Mille
    2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10

apriliaforum Member
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! Price LOWERED!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheme1985 View Post
    Good looking bike. GLWS.

apriliaforum prov-nov LodiRider's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    I thought you sold this bike today on ebay via a no reserve auction?

Edit - Never mind I see the feedback you got back on the transaction.
    Last edited by LodiRider; 11-28-2018 at 07:23 PM.
    2102 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Adventure
    2005 BMW R1200GS
    2001 Aprilia Falco

apriliaforum newb
    Feedback Score
    I thought I saw that as well. Looked like it ended at $2350?

edit: Yea I see the feedback as well. Canceled the auction on the winning bidder.
    Last edited by Cheme1985; 11-28-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    2014 Aprilia RSV4
    2001 Aprilia RSV Mille
    2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10

apriliaforum Member
    Feedback Score
    I expected the no reserve to stir up some more bidding. There was no way I could let it go for $2300.

Quote Originally Posted by LodiRider View Post
    I thought you sold this bike today on ebay via a no reserve auction?

Edit - Never mind I see the feedback you got back on the transaction.
    I thought I saw that as well. Looked like it ended at $2350?

edit: Yea I see the feedback as well. Canceled the auction on the winning bidder.

apriliaforum newb
    Feedback Score
    That’s still a shitty way to do business. If you didn’t want to sell it below X price that’s exactly what a reserve is for. Prior to that you had it listed for $4000 and got 0 bids.

It’s a salvage title bike that’s almost 12 years old. I was surprised it went over $2000 to be honest. Either keep it or sell it for fair market value which appears to be $2350.
    2014 Aprilia RSV4
    2001 Aprilia RSV Mille
    2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10

apriliaforum Member
    Feedback Score
    I agree, it wasn't the ideal way to go about it but I couldn't let it go for that. You can buy a salvage Factory bike with Ohlins suspension and Forged wheels for $2000. I put plenty of time and money into mine and the title is Rebuilt after going through all the proper safety and road worthy steps that NY requires in order to get it back onto the road. Im not here to argue with anybody. Im just here to sell my bike and who ever purchases it is sure to appreciate everything thats gone into it.

That’s still a shitty way to do business. If you didn’t want to sell it below X price that’s exactly what a reserve is for. Prior to that you had it listed for $4000 and got 0 bids.

It’s a salvage title bike that’s almost 12 years old. I was surprised it went over $2000 to be honest. Either keep it or sell it for fair market value which appears to be $2350.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    How did the bike get the salvage title?

This must be the time of year for 2nd gen RSVR's as there are 6 on the front page. Usually I don't see any...

Also, your thread title says 2004.

apriliaforum newb
    Feedback Score
    I'm not arguing. That's just the facts man. Your time and money going into it doesn't really affect resale on a dollar to dollar basis. Regardless of how much time and effort you've put into it it's still a salvage bike that's been rebuilt. Nobody knows for sure how well you rebuilt it or whether you cut corners on things. And the fact that you are willing to be shady about an auction doesn't help your case to make people feel warm and fuzzy about your honesty.

I could dump $40k+ into a twin turbo 1500+ hp setup on my viper. Do you think somebody is going to give me that $40k back on top of the value of the car? Absolutely not! You never get back the money you put into them. The market just doesn't work that way. The value is the value and the fact that the bike got 0 bids at $4k is indicative of the value being less than that. You can sell it at fair market value or stare at a fancy paper weight taking up space in your garage. Up to you.
    Last edited by Cheme1985; 11-29-2018 at 02:25 PM.
    2014 Aprilia RSV4
    2001 Aprilia RSV Mille
    2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10

apriliaforum Member
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wait I’ll take it for 6k!!!!!!

Oh wait nah I’m gonna back out....

I’m sure the high bidder really appreciated you f***ing them. Cuz I’m sure they didn’t spend any time waiting on the auction or trying to get it handled. Crappie sellers like you piss me off. If you want to take the gamble and screw with buyers emotions then you suck it up and be legit.

I think no one on here should look your way since you are not an honest seller!!!

Just my 2 cents

apriliaforum Member
    Feedback Score
    Previous owner layed it down on the side. From the damage he showed me it didn't look bad but they decided to salvage it then.

Quote Originally Posted by dasrider View Post
    How did the bike get the salvage title?

This must be the time of year for 2nd gen RSVR's as there are 6 on the front page. Usually I don't see any...

Also, your thread title says 2004.

apriliaforum Member
    Feedback Score
    You don't have to tell me I know you don't get what you put into it. And Im not asking for what I put into it, I have more into it then its worth and I know that. Corners can't be cut rebuilding it when the state goes over it to verify everything fine. Thats fine it didn't sell at $4k doesn't mean it won't, it just means the person that wants it and feels its reasonable hasn't seen it yet.

I'm not arguing. That's just the facts man. You're time and money going into it doesn't really affect resale on a dollar to dollar basis. Regardless of how much time and effort you've put into it it's still a salvage bike that's been rebuilt. Nobody knows for sure how well you rebuilt it or whether you cut corners on things. And the fact that you are willing to be shady about an auction doesn't help your case to make people feel warm and fuzzy about your honesty.

I could dump $40k+ into a twin turbo 1500+ hp setup on my viper. Do you think somebody is going to give me that $40k back on top of the value of the car? Absolutely not! You never get back the money you put into them. The market just doesn't work that way. The value is the value and the fact that the bike got 0 bids at $4k is indicative of the value being less than that. You can sell it at fair market value or stare at a fancy paper weight taking up space in your garage. Up to you.

apriliaforum Member
    Feedback Score
    Have you never been in a deal and someones backed out before!? It happens and you get over it. Why is everyone so butt hurt about it. You have no interest anyway so I don't really need your input. You can go and ruin someone else's thread

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelcrazy View Post
    Wait I’ll take it for 6k!!!!!!

Oh wait nah I’m gonna back out....

I’m sure the high bidder really appreciated you f***ing them. Cuz I’m sure they didn’t spend any time waiting on the auction or trying to get it handled. Crappie sellers like you piss me off. If you want to take the gamble and screw with buyers emotions then you suck it up and be legit.

I think no one on here should look your way since you are not an honest seller!!!

Just my 2 cents

apriliaforum newb
    Feedback Score
    Sure people back out of deals a lot. Shitty people do anyway. If you say you’re going to do something then you follow through with it. That’s what an honest person does. Posting a no reserve auction on eBay meant you would take it for whatever it sold at when that’s actually not what you were willing to do.

You already have something thing that’s going to be hard to sell. A salvage title motor vehicle of any kind is difficult. You’ve just made it exponentially harder on yourself by showing people that you’re dishonest in your business dealings. If you’re dishonest with that then why wouldn’t you be dishonest with what actually made the bike a salvage and what was done or overlooked to get it back with a rebuilt title.

I can tell you that the government does not look over these with a fine tooth comb before they reissue the title. Do they measure the frame and ensure that it’s straight? Inspect it for cracks that aren’t obvious from a walk around? Absolutely not. Good luck convincing somebody now, but I think you’ve just made that bike a real expensive piece of art in your garage. And the longer you wait to sell it the less it’s worth. It isn’t getting any newer with each passing day.

Aprilia bikes have a niche market and a large majority of the potential buyers post on these forums. The ones that don’t have accounts still read them.
    2014 Aprilia RSV4
    2001 Aprilia RSV Mille
    2004 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast