Thread: Vacuum hoses

apriliaforum Member

Vacuum hoses

While Iím waiting for the TPS to arrive from Italy, Iím going to change out all the vacuum lines.
    My question is what sizes and length do I need? Also, should I change the fittings?
    Last edited by STony G; 08-11-2018 at 09:29 PM.

I can't imagine that anyone is going to give you a detailed answer to those questions, so short of ordering everything from AF1, if even possible, just take copious photographs of existing line routing/installation and even tag the lines with ID info, then pull them and take all the pieces to a GOOD auto parts store for duplication. Then pay LOTS of attention when installing the new goodies.

On second thought, there's only a couple sizes of the tubing used, so just go buy a couple feet of each and cut/replace sequentially in lieu of yanking everything off.

Yes, get the unions/connectors, too.

apriliaforum Member
    I replaced all of my OEM vacuum tubing with platinum cured silicone tubing (stays shiny even when old) off of Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/Platinum-Cu...ilicone+Vacuum

I just replaced each piece by pulling a single one off individually, cutting the proper length, and replacing it, with new connectors as I went.

I also replaced all of the oil lines and IAC lines with 9.5mm and 13mm Flourosilicone hoses from AutoSiliconeHoses (ASH):

http://www.autosiliconehoses.com/sil...oro-hoses.html

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Did you order the fluorosilicone lines from the UK? Or were you able to find a US distributor?

Would you be willing to sell your leftover tubing, or is there not enough to do a second bike?

This is the sort of project I like to take care of when I have things apart anyway, but it's like picking a thread on a sweater...once you start, you notice those rusty bolts over there that you could replace with stainless, and before you know it, you have a jigsaw puzzle on your garage floor!

apriliaforum Member
    I did order them from the UK. I can look if I have enough for a second bike.

spacewrench,

I'll likely do mine this winter, and am pretty close to you. We could split resources if infrasoundxp doesn't have enough.
    JD

'01 Futura

apriliaforum Member
    I have enough 11mm left (used for large oil line) for another 2 bikes probably, but not enough 9.5mm. Only have enough 9.5mm for one of the oil lines on the bottom of one bike and not for the IAC lines.