Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trying to send a private message to William the Third?

apriliaforum newb
    Hi William, just got our 3rd SR50 Ditech, and I had some ideas about dumping ECU firmware/making a 'better' diag tool without needing a GB cart. Thanks!

The Anal Intruder William the Third's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hcadam View Post
    Hi William, just got our 3rd SR50 Ditech, and I had some ideas about dumping ECU firmware/making a 'better' diag tool without needing a GB cart. Thanks!
    Awesome. I and some others were working on a similar project years ago, but life got in the way, and it's been on hiatus for 5~7 years now.
    #1 Forum Loser

1973 Harley-Davidson Aermacchi Z-90 - Restoration project
    1983 Kawasaki KZ750 Spectre - Fathers old bike
    1998 Kawasaki KE100 - My first bike at 14
    1998 Laverda Ghost Strike 668 - A fun little bike
    1999 Aprilia RS250 - Track bike
    2001 Aprilia RSV Mille - My first Aprilia
    2007 Aprilia SR50R Factory - My babe magnet
    2009 Aprilia SR50R Factory - My "help me I have a problem"

apriliaforum newb
    Sounds good, I’ve started reverse engineering the GB cart firmware and CPLD logic, but to my knowledge no one has extracted the actual ECU firmware. I’m setting up a test rig next week to hopefully grab the security keys from the MC68HC908, as the flash is probably locked according to a previous post. If you shoot me an email I’d be glad to share details!

apriliaforum newb
    Hats off to William, for not only providing a great service at a great price, but for also providing communication and turnaround time that would make any dealer jealous. As a community we are very lucky to have this resource l!
    my 2009 Factory R (Piaggio) has gained an additional 2MPH top speed and you can feel it pull significantly more when you turn the throttle. Pulled the stock exhaust to derestrict, well turns out it was already de restricted, oh that was fun reattaching (a universal joint socket connected to the socket makes it much easier).
    was planning on a street-sport BBK, but now Iím wondering if the Yasuni R, red to match the graphics Iím waiting to ship might just be enough? We shall see, but at heart I know this thing will be another spending addiction, still far cheaper than buying another AMG or Boxter and sending it to Kelly Moss !

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by William the Third View Post
    So I've been getting quite a few friend request recently, and I suspect it may be from people trying to contact me about derestricting their ECU. If you have fewer than 10 post on the forum you can't send/receive private messages. If you need to contact me post a message here and I can send you an email at the email address you used to register, so no need to post any contact information publicly.
    Thanks... I've got 4 Scarabeo DiTech 50s, 2003 & 2005, apparently all Morini engines according to the transmission cover. What I'd really like to find is a DiTech with the Piaggio engine-I think they're called the PureJet... What years could you get the Scarabeo 50 and/or the SR-50 with the PureJet Piaggio engine?

The Anal Intruder William the Third's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Furious Fly View Post
    Thanks... I've got 4 Scarabeo DiTech 50s, 2003 & 2005, apparently all Morini engines according to the transmission cover. What I'd really like to find is a DiTech with the Piaggio engine-I think they're called the PureJet... What years could you get the Scarabeo 50 and/or the SR-50 with the PureJet Piaggio engine?
    For the SR50, in the US and Canada (and maybe a few other countries like Australia), 2009+ got the Piaggio engine. Most of the rest of the world got the SR50 with the Piaggio engine in 2005+. As for the Scarabeo, there were no direct injected models with the Piaggio engine, only with the Morini engine, as far as I can remember.
    #1 Forum Loser

1973 Harley-Davidson Aermacchi Z-90 - Restoration project
    1983 Kawasaki KZ750 Spectre - Fathers old bike
    1998 Kawasaki KE100 - My first bike at 14
    1998 Laverda Ghost Strike 668 - A fun little bike
    1999 Aprilia RS250 - Track bike
    2001 Aprilia RSV Mille - My first Aprilia
    2007 Aprilia SR50R Factory - My babe magnet
    2009 Aprilia SR50R Factory - My "help me I have a problem"

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks. I've read so many varying answers. The confusion came from the difference between American and European production models. So if I'm lucky, I'll find a 2010-2014 (?) SR-50 with the PureJet/DiTech Piaggio engine... Thanks again

apriliaforum newb
    Any news about this topic?
    i wish i could reprogram my dash, without aprilia gameboy stuff.

apriliaforum newb
    William, please contact me. I have 3 sr 50's. 2 07's and an '09. Need help. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123