Thread: Leo Vince baffles

apriliaforum newb

Leo Vince baffles

Hello Everyone,

I recently bought a 2007 Tuono Factory with the standard exhausts and found and bought a pair of Leo Vince titanium exhaust on ebay. They came with a set of baffles

I noticed that one of the baffles didn't have a cone welded to the end where as the other one did the.

The one with the missing cone didn't have any signs of a weld that had broked so I can only assume that that they came this way from the factory.

If that's the case is there a particular exhaust (i.e left or right) that the coned baffle fits into?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	230.6 KB 
ID:	363484Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	308.8 KB 
ID:	363485

Cheers

apriliaforum Junkie
    Weird. My Leo's had DB killers that were similar to yours (quite a bit shorter however) and each one was identical. Can't see why they would be different by design...

I've had a couple of sets of LV's. Those don't look familiar at all.
    2007 Tuono 1000R Factory - 22K miles
    Cored OE Racing CansMap2Pazzo Shorty Knock-offs15-40AF1 Link PlatesAprilia Sliders
    Laminar WindscreenLowered PegsLED City and Tag Lights
    ProTaper Universal LowClear Signal Lenses

2017 Z125 PRO in Candy Lime Green
    Many mods

2001 Futura in Silver - Sold, after 8.5 years of service.

Retired - DJ, Turntablist, MC, Creator, Video Editor and Mixologist.
    Cored OE Cans vs Leo Vince Titanium Vid
    Slammin' Tunes!

HF152, 10-26954
    HF564 .024-.028

Chrome extension to see photobucket blocked pics.

apriliaforum prov-nov DrumRobson's Avatar
    I have the left one in my 2003 Mille R's Leo. Bought it after the exhaust directly from LeoVince, so I can vouch for at least the left one being a genuine LV part. The right one looks like the open flow design version of the left one. Also available from LV. Was looking into that but it wasn't legal for said can in germany. Plus, the left one hardly takes any sound, too. Gonna have to repack at some point..

apriliaforum prov-nov DrumRobson's Avatar
    Plus, if I had to choose, I would put the right one in the can for the front cylinder and the left one in the can for the rear cylinder. The reason, which does not make too much sense of course since the exhaust lines have an intersection anyways, is that when opening up the exhaust system (better flowing cans), fuel mixture in the cylinders tends to get a little leaner and since the rear cylinder likes being run a bit richer than the front (rear tends to get hotter because of it's position, though needs a bit more cooling which is achieved by a slightly richer mixture), I'd put the more "closed" baffle there, so that the rear cylinder gets less flow and runs richer. As said, doesn't make too much sense because of the intersection and I bet it doesn't make any significant difference at all - but why not do it, when you have to choose anyways. Cheers.

apriliaforum newb

wake up

Quote Originally Posted by DrumRobson View Post
    Plus, if I had to choose, I would put the right one in the can for the front cylinder and the left one in the can for the rear cylinder. The reason, which does not make too much sense of course since the exhaust lines have an intersection anyways, is that when opening up the exhaust system (better flowing cans), fuel mixture in the cylinders tends to get a little leaner and since the rear cylinder likes being run a bit richer than the front (rear tends to get hotter because of it's position, though needs a bit more cooling which is achieved by a slightly richer mixture), I'd put the more "closed" baffle there, so that the rear cylinder gets less flow and runs richer. As said, doesn't make too much sense because of the intersection and I bet it doesn't make any significant difference at all - but why not do it, when you have to choose anyways. Cheers.
    unqualified morons like you need to keep your mouth shut, A its water cooled constant temp, B its fuel injected, I Admire your brand of stupidity, must take a lot of work

The difference is interesting- I recall that mine do not have a conical end - previous owner must've replaced one at some point

Quote Originally Posted by hairyglenn View Post
    unqualified morons like you need to keep your mouth shut, A its water cooled constant temp, B its fuel injected, I Admire your brand of stupidity, must take a lot of work
    What's that got to do with the price of fish in China ?
    Do not go gentle into that good night,

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I hear tuna is expensive but it needs to be kept at the right temperature

I'd love to meet a qualified moron

It is known that the left pipe flows a bit less as noted in post 4 above; less sound. For that reason I would put the pipe with the cone on the right side.

Yeah, air cooled twins like the Harley or similar layout old Indian or British twins, the rear gets less cooling so runs hotter. Not an issue with water cooling. No need to be insulting about it though.
    This is America. Use your turn signals or WE WILL KILL YOU - remember Sandra Bland

apriliaforum expert johnnyjellybean's Avatar
    My guess would be they are a mismatched pair for what ever reason. (One bought later replacing a misplaced part etc)
    It's obvious that the open one will flow more and be louder. You might try researching to find out if they made more than one type for different noise levels and flow rates etc.
    Incidentally, the closed one looks identical to the ones made by Delkevic.

** Loads of them in both styles for sale on eBay**
    Last edited by johnnyjellybean; 09-14-2019 at 06:02 AM.