Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pressure oil Lights up

apriliaforum newb

Pressure oil Lights up

Hello,

I need some help, I change cylinder and head gasket, oil filter and oil and the oil pressure light come up when bike is normal work temperature, After that I have change the 2 oil pump and the valve inside of filter oils closer, but this donīt resolve the issue.

I don't now what can i do more.

Please help.

Regards,

apriliaforum Junkie
    Sam,
    have you tested the oil pressure sensor to see if it is OK? Have you changed anything else on the engine? Which oil viscosity grade are you using?

Tell me which engine model you have and I'll see if I can come up with any other suggestions.

Cheers... Paul

apriliaforum newb
    Hello,

I have tested with another sensor, same think. Oil is Castrol Power 1 10W40.
    The motor head was tested in mechanics before assembly.
    The engine is rotax 655.
    My Pegaso is ZD4ML.

Thank you.

Regards,

apriliaforum Junkie
    Hello,
    First I'd try a 15W40 or 15W50 oil to see if it improves things. When you've everything drained down, check the oil pressure bypass valve for good seating and correct spring length. Accessible after you remove the oil filter this one has a rubber tip for the valve, and I suspect you've checked this already. The rubber has been known to deteriorate over time and, if it this prevents it from sealing, it could cause symptoms similar to that which you describe. Spring length should be 15.5mm minimum for the bypass valve.

If that doesn't help, I'd measure the oil pressure (replace the oil pressure sensor with a gauge, 1/8" NTP thread) and if it is genuinely low (specification is 1.5bar at 1200rpm, 60°C oil; switch operates at 0.6bar maximum to turn off the light) you'll need to open the engine. The most likely cause for low pressure on your version of the engine is worn main bearings, but while you're in there, check the other oil pressure control valve too. This one is behind the oil filter housing, on the joint line of the crankcase, has a minimum spring length of 13.5mm and uses a ball as the valve.

Providing you can get the bearings and gaskets, the job isn't too difficult... but unless you're doing the work yourself, it's likely to be expensive.

Cheers and regards... Paul

apriliaforum newb
    Hi,
    Thank you for your help Paul.

I have see again the bypass valve and spring is OK, the rubber as a mark, and i change for another I have a engine for spares. change oil to mineral 20W50 and he as better but lights now blinks a seconds and then off after more minutes blinks again.

I will ask to the mechanics if he as the the toll to measure oil pressure.

One strange think is my other engine for spares is a little bit different and it don't have pressure sensor.

I think my engine don't have bearings in crankshaft.

After this i come here says the results.

Regards,

apriliaforum Junkie
    You're welcome.
    Your 'spares engine' is probably a rolling-element bearing engine, rather than the plain-bearings you have in your current engine. In this type, the oil pressure is much lower and there's no sensor.

As your engine responded to the higher viscosity oil, I'm afraid it's almost certainly worn main crankshaft bearings. I may be wrong and it's all the result of a poorly functioning oil pressure valve, but either way you're going to have to strip the engine to resolve the problems.

If the oil pressure measures low, this confirms everything.

Good luck!!

Cheers... Paul

apriliaforum newb
    Hi,

The plain bearings are the 11 as 12 spares in this image?
    Name:  image-1953.gif
Views: 206
Size:  49.3 KB

Regards,

apriliaforum Junkie
    Yes.
    Minimum crank journal diameter 47.975mm
    Maximum radial clearance with bearing inner diameter 0.1mm, calculated from a mean of three measurements of the crank journal (at 120° intervals), and two measurements of the bearing inner diameter (vertically and horizontally relative to the engine cylinder bore).

All details can be found in the workshop manual. I've a PDF version for your engine I can send to you if you need it.

Cheers... Paul

apriliaforum newb
    Paul thank you once again!

I will remove the engine and try to repair. During the process i come here to tell the news and ask for help when needed.
    I hope my bike returns to the street soon.

Regards

apriliaforum newb
    Hello,

Rolling-element bearing engine it's good engine? It's better than the other?

Regards,

apriliaforum Junkie
    I rebuilt my rolling bearing engine to repair the gearbox after around 50,000km. The main bearings were in perfect condition, so I didn't bother to replace them. I sold the bike with over 70,000km and had no further problems. So yes, the rolling bearing engines are good.

One thing to note is they are mechanically louder than the plain bearing engines. Not a bad noise, but they seem a little harsh, less refined, by comparison.

Cheers... Paul

apriliaforum newb
    Hello,
    I come back.

I install my roller bearings engine, install the original oil sensor and the engine and lights turns on.

This type of engine so is low pressure for lights going off? If yes, the bike is ready to the road if not, i don't no what to do more.

Regards

apriliaforum Junkie
    Hi, the roller bearing engine doesn't have a pressure sensor if I remember correctly. I don't have the manual with me in my office so I cannot check for you right now. If it does have a sensor it certainly will operate at a lower pressure.

I will try to remember to look at the paper manual tonight.

Cheers... Paul

apriliaforum newb
    Hello,
    It doesn't have, but i put the sensor of the other one (plane bearings). I think i make a mistake with this.
    Now another help. Any one nows the size of the 2 springs with number 9 as 13 from the picture?

Name:  Screenshot_2018-10-24 Pegaso 650 1997-2000 KATALOG DELOVA pdf.png
Views: 144
Size:  35.1 KB
    Regards,

apriliaforum Junkie
    Yes, I confirm there's no sensor on the roller bearing engine.
    Is it the spring length you're interested in? If so, there's nothing in the manual.

Cheers... Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast