Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rs4 50 2018 aftermarket exhaust and upgrades

apriliaforum prov-nov

Rs4 50 2018 aftermarket exhaust and upgrades

Hi all. I've brought a new 2018 model for my daughter and it needs upgrading badly. Every exhaust I see goes to 2017 as well as the additional upgrades. Does anyone know of parts available.. if so where? Also is there a big difference between the 2017 and 2018 model thanks

My understanding is that the only thing they changed was the livery (stickers and paint).

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Wicked.. will take a look. Btw the guy who sold me the bike in the shop must be clueless as he said no 2018 exhausts were available

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Is the frame for the 125 the same as the 50? So the parts would fit?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks I see that a lot is for the 125.. would the parts fit the 50 frame?.. it seems like the bikes share this in common? Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
    Thanks I see that a lot is for the 125.. would the parts fit the 50 frame?.. it seems like the bikes share this in common? Thanks
    Yeah everything but engine specific stuff will work on both bikes. A lot of the parts will work on older RS50s (99-2005), and GPRs (2010+)

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hey Tora. I'm looking for an unrestricted cdi unit for the 2018 bike. I found a website that sells them but are out of stock.in my haste I brought another as it looked the same.. idiot. It's for an aprilia rx
    https://www.50factory.com/pieces-neu...8-debride.html

However it was for a Derby senda that I think has the same engine and a euro4.

if I try this will it screw the bike up????
    Thanks
    Last edited by Berkeley; 07-27-2018 at 04:37 PM.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Btw jolly moto in italy make an exhaust system for the 2018 aprilia rs50. Will keep you posted. I've called loads of places. A dealer website said a load of other exhausts were available . I was sceptical as I hadn't seen any. So I told another website and the called yasumi to find out if it was compatible..... it wasn't so don't know who to believe. Any knowledge of your side? Thanks

apriliaforum Junkie
    Giannelli manufactures the best quality exhausts.

Cool Euro4 Already!?!

Hey Tora. I'm looking for an unrestricted cdi unit for the 2018 bike. I found a website that sells them but are out of stock.in my haste I brought another as it looked the same.. idiot. It's for an aprilia rx

However it was for a Derby senda that I think has the same engine and a euro4.

if I try this will it screw the bike up????
    Thanks
    Are the 2018s Euro4 already? This is news to me—since we don't get these bikes over here it's harder to get solid information. I know about the Euro3 now because. I bought one of them in Japan. :P

Could you post some photos of the CDI unit on your bike? That would help me figure out what to suggest.

Whoa indeed the 2018s are Euro4. Time for the learning! I checked on EasyParts, and they only show up to 2016 at the moment. So it's going to depend on you taking and posting photos for me to be able to give you proper advice. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aprilia-RS4-50-Euro4.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	363812

Btw jolly moto in italy make an exhaust system for the 2018 aprilia rs50. Will keep you posted. I've called loads of places. A dealer website said a load of other exhausts were available . I was sceptical as I hadn't seen any. So I told another website and the called yasumi to find out if it was compatible..... it wasn't so don't know who to believe. Any knowledge of your side? Thanks
    JollyMoto makes some of the best chambers around. I have a 70cc JollyMoto on the Silver bike. They are super difficult to find in the States so I was way happy to get that one when it showed up on eBay US. I had intended to use it on the 05, but it didn't fit that frame.

Your bike will be with the earlier RS frame though, and it curves back around unlike the Benelli frame. On my bike in Japan with the RS frame I installed a 2Fast pipe that was made for the Senda, and it fit quite well. A bracket needed to be fashioned for it, but that's not a big deal.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hi this is my cdi unit.. below

Name:	20180726_072206.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	515.6 KB 
ID:	363830

Name:	20180726_072128.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	530.0 KB 
ID:	363831

I think it looks the same as this

Maybe the power curve/ timing etc is different???
    Last edited by Berkeley; 07-28-2018 at 01:00 AM.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by ToraTora View Post
    Are the 2018s Euro4 already? This is news to me—since we don't get these bikes over here it's harder to get solid information. I know about the Euro3 now because. I bought one of them in Japan. :P

Could you post some photos of the CDI unit on your bike? That would help me figure out what to suggest.

Whoa indeed the 2018s are Euro4. Time for the learning! I checked on EasyParts, and they only show up to 2016 at the moment. So it's going to depend on you taking and posting photos for me to be able to give you proper advice. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Name:	Aprilia-RS4-50-Euro4.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	363812

JollyMoto makes some of the best chambers around. I have a 70cc JollyMoto on the Silver bike. They are super difficult to find in the States so I was way happy to get that one when it showed up on eBay US. I had intended to use it on the 05, but it didn't fit that frame.

Your bike will be with the earlier RS frame though, and it curves back around unlike the Benelli frame. On my bike in Japan with the RS frame I installed a 2Fast pipe that was made for the Senda, and it fit quite well. A bracket needed to be fashioned for it, but that's not a big deal.

Yeah the euro 4 is bollox.. A tonne of crap coming off the exhaust.. can't wait to rip it off

Name:	20180726_074703.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	492.9 KB 
ID:	363832

Name:	20180726_074846.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	507.8 KB 
ID:	363833

There is as hose that goes to a pressure valve... then it goes to the air intake box

Wow so that is really very different from all previous versions. I don't know if there's any aftermarket stuff that will just plug and play. But you could get a different ignition and replace all of that stuff. That's probably what I would do, but the laws there might cause you significant pain if you get caught modding anti-smog equipment.

Thanks for posting up the photos!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by ToraTora View Post
    Wow so that is really very different from all previous versions. I don't know if there's any aftermarket stuff that will just plug and play. But you could get a different ignition and replace all of that stuff. That's probably what I would do, but the laws there might cause you significant pain if you get caught modding anti-smog equipment.

Thanks for posting up the photos!

So any idea if I put this cdi unit in??? Any bad things likely to happen?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast