Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: got the carbon bike together, finally

Very nice!

Sweetness. Save that wheel packaging for a later date. Never know when something like that is needed. Also, a weight comparison between the BST and OEM would be nice to know.
    WERA Expert #2
    Go Fund Me for my stem cell therapy trip here: http://www.gofundme.com/a9wmzs

yes for sure! i will weigh with sprocket and brake rotor , as well as without

Get your confidence back with Aprilia.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

Aprilia. Ask your doctor if the RS250 is right for you.

apriliaforum Junkie Henning #17's Avatar
    Unfortunately carbon wheels are not allowed in our two stroke race series over here. I just received a pair forged PVM:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4276.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	377141

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

apriliaforum prov-nov
    How much do the PVMs weight?

Matt, were you able to weight the wheel/brake assemblies?

Quote Originally Posted by Henning #17 View Post
    Unfortunately carbon wheels are not allowed in our two stroke race series over here. I just received a pair forged PVM:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4276.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	377141

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I got home for only one week in between this large project i have been working on for the past 9 months... i have the wheels but the rear wheel did not have the cush drive or sprocket attached, so i need to order hardware to mate all of those together. once i get that hardware to install the cush drive it should be possible to remove the rear tire from m stock rear wheel, remove the brake rotor, and weigh rear wheel with cush drive vs rear wheel with cush drive, as wel as rear wheel with sprocket and brake rotor vs rear wheel with sprocket and brake rotor.

the same goes for the front. i will get around to it this summer, i promise. i hope to be home in June.

caution: the use of motorcycles may be habit forming. side effects include purchasing multiple examples of the same bike, in different states of tune, different years, or different models altogether. some motorcycles may be not running when purchased. some parts are no longer available. there are rare instances where aprilias are bought over the internet and upon arrival, they are not as were originally disclosed. there is a small group of people who cannot handle two stroke engines and motorcycle maintenance. if this is the case, you may not be a candidate for Aprilia RS250's.

apriliaforum newb
    RS250s of RS250s! BST's are gonna look hot!

thanks guys...

the biggest challenge i've been working on this year is doing some weight reduction myself... after spending all this money on lightweight parts it would be really dumb if i didn't work on making sure i was in great shape and lightweight myself.

by the way don't spend any additional money on expedited shipping from pro-bolt if you live in the USA... they like to take their time...

Quote Originally Posted by mattology View Post
    by the way don't spend any additional money on expedited shipping from pro-bolt if you live in the USA... they like to take their time...
    Thanks for the tip. There's nothing worse than paying a small fortune for expedited shipping only to have the supplier take 4-7 days to ship the item.

well, the stuff finally showed up!

apriliaforum Junkie
    Matt, are you still thinking of putting on/adapting a VForce..?

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmatelot View Post
    Matt, are you still thinking of putting on/adapting a VForce..?
    yes, i am still planning on it. i just don't know how soon it will happen. i have almost the entire summer off for vacation/holiday, which is great but there are some more priorities:

* custom front wheel spacers / adapters for GSX-R fork axle to Aprilia RS250 front wheel
    * custom front hub adapters for brake tech TZ250 298mm rotors to Aprilia RS250 front wheel with GSX-R caliper spacing
    * installing a new oven , range, vent hood, and counter tops in my kitchen
    * finishing up the upstairs of the garage and turning it into design office
    * building work benches and finishing the downstairs garage work shop
    * dyno tuning the 125 with solenoid power jet carburetor
    * RIDING BOTH BIKES

I want to enjoy the 250 as it is for a little bit before i tear it apart to design reed cages.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Fair enough, looks like you hands full

I'm interested in the V Force though, something that's been thought of many a time over the years. My airbag has finally shipped from Italy so should be there when i get home in a couple of weeks

UPDATE:

i got home for the weekend and I went through the pro-bolt order. They sent all gold bolts. Some of the bolts were supposed to be purple to go with my front fork tubes which are being titanium nitrided purple/green and the uppers and spindles are being kashima coated..

so now I need to send them back and they're going to send me the right ones.

aggravating for sure, but at least the upstairs is coming along nicely:

i'm designing a geometry calculator on solidworks so that i can get a better idea as to what numbers seem to work on the bike and what won't.. I want to try and run the 120/70 front but if it hits the plug at the geometry i want to be at, i may end up having to go to the 120/60.

PROOF OF CONCEPT ONLY - NEED MORE ACTUAL MEASUREMENTS AND NUMBERS

dirty bike awaiting front end back from konflict motorsports

upstairs garage / design center with 3d printer hooked back up, cadstation, air conditioning, and climate controlled parts storage...

i hope to be home for good this saturday, starting my summer vacation!!!!!!!!!

Jeez your upstairs playroom is bigger than my house!
    Which one is the 3d printer? - is it the round white thing on a black table?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast