Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2019 Indian FTR 1200

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
    Id rather have this, its looks amazing, fuck it took a bit of effort keeping the wallet in the pocket.Attachment 383919
    What's that? Too "foot forward" for my liking.

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Quote Originally Posted by YVRFACTORY View Post
    What's that? Too "foot forward" for my liking.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0916.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	384014 A 3rd bike, coffee run.
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

Aja - When all my dime dancin' is through
    Ugh.
    “The sad thing is you will never be freer or more yourself than when it’s five in the morning, the sun’s about to rise and you’re out of your mind” Nick

“Trump? He’s as stupid as a man who bought his stupid at a two for one sale.” Nancy.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Or if you fancy something a bit bigger with a bit more oomph there is always the new Triumph Rocket 2500cc...

Name:	Rocket 2500.jpg 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	384217

apriliaforum expert craigo298er's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthumBryan View Post
    Or if you fancy something a bit bigger with a bit more oomph there is always the new Triumph Rocket 2500cc...

Name:	Rocket 2500.jpg 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	384217
    one of my Polish coworkers is getting one of three allocated to Poland. I think he's going through a midlife crisis as he got divorced, got a Thai girlfriend, bought a Jeep trackhawk, and now the Rocket III
    7H3 M345UR3 0F 1N73LL163NC3 15 7H3 481L17Y 70 CH4N63
    4L83R7 31N5731N

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Yup, that sounds like a crisis to me...

apriliaforum newb
    The new TFC stuff from Triumph really doesn't do it for me. You're paying a HUGE premium for carbon bits and ohlins front forks (on the thruxton R at least). The sales team of course tells you it will be a highly collectible bike in the future....but Triumph has some of the WORST depreciation.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Agreed, Triumph residuals are not the best, even here in the UK. It takes years to build up the brand confidence to get those strong second hand values. BMW's are still (surprisingly, considering how unreliable they are) holding their value well in the UK, Harley's do well too. Japanese bikes are generally solid and depreciate at a steady rate (with the odd exception that bombs) and Italians are a bit of a mixed bag. Ducati's seem to hold their price well until they get to 3 or 4 years old then nose dive, Aprilia's drop quickly in the first few years and the level out, Moto Guzzi's drop like a stone and then after a few years appreciate... Go figure. Chinese bikes are worth toss all two weeks after purchase !

apriliaforum expert
    Id rather have this, its looks amazing, fuck it took a bit of effort keeping the wallet in the pocket.Attachment 383919
    So what the hell is it? I'm digging it. I"ve a '13 HD Night Rod special but this thing looks damn cool.

Quote Originally Posted by motoracerx View Post
    So what the hell is it? I'm digging it. I"ve a '13 HD Night Rod special but this thing looks damn cool.
    It looks amazing up close in the flesh, i spent a good 5 mins looking at it, it looks very well made, and just looks right to the eye. its a FXDR 114 Harley Davidson Nasca designed, fuck its cool.
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

Surprisingly fast as well.
    oh well nevermind

apriliaforum Junkie
    It looks amazing up close in the flesh, i spent a good 5 mins looking at it, it looks very well made, and just looks right to the eye. its a FXDR 114 Harley Davidson Nasca designed, fuck its cool.
    Sorry Dave, your preference for all things KTM nullifies your opinion on esthetics.....

Quote Originally Posted by YVRFACTORY View Post
    Sorry Dave, your preference for all things KTM nullifies your opinion on esthetics.....
    Ha Ha, fair enough. As for KTMs, its all about the ride. Ive only ever brought one bike on looks. (MV) never buy a bike on looks alone. As for the FXDR, it would be totally hopeless for my riding style, and roads i ride. But i often ride with 2 mates on 2012 1200 Sportster Harley's. Man can those guys ride those bikes hard, they handle surprisingly well. I just liked the FXDR,s looks, it looks amazing, as dose the FTR 1200 Indian. But theres so much better bikes out there for general riding, they may not look like supermodels, but KTMs ride well, and the 790 is more than enough motorcycle for most riders.

Took the FTR for test ride yesterday, my take... ride was short but overall it would not be one (I) would buy especially at the price point. Motor had real good torque and good acceleration. Removing the baffles on the Akras to un cork it would have been nice to hear the motor. More of a flowing cornering bike I thought based on the rake. Bounced the rev limiter quick tho was not expecting to shift at 9k. Suspension is on the stiff side but do able. Menu was pretty easy to navigate. The race color looks best for my taste. I rode my gen1 T to the demo and definitely 2 different rides that’s for sure.
    2003 Tuono (In the garage still!)
    2010 Sachs Madass 125
    2011 Kawasaki Concours 1400
    2013 Tuono V4 Black (Most Addicting bike to ride so far!)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234