Thread: idle problem solved

apriliaforum expert northernkiwi's Avatar

idle problem solved

havent been up too much since last autumn,mainly due to ongoing health issues. The Capo has also had ongoing health issues for the couple of years. Mainly intermittent idle problems/cutting out or stalling at low revs. Not much fun heading in to roundabouts and intersections especially in wet weather. Last year Grant the wizard of watford suggested that it maybe the injector O rings that needed some silicon. Not so, and i even replaced them,as he said after 14 years things do wear out (even rotax). So start of season and things were not to bad, my health issues were making me borderline suicidal, but thats another story.
    But they did not get better, so i took contact with Tim who suggested i clean the idle valve under the airbox. Today with some help from my local mc guy we did just that, but also found the lead to the front coil was extremely loose. Which of these fixes, fixed the problem i'm not certain of, but the valve was mucky. Seems like problem solved, thanks Tim.
    Current:
    2004 capo - the grey one
    Oberon clutch slave, 4cm extra foam in riders seat, RR back shock , Hagon progressive front springs, 4 techauto coils, AF1 fuel line and metal connectors, both brown connectors replaced with direct wiring, kappa racks and Big Husky 46l cases, hepco becker junior top case,mandatory capo stickers, cbr honda mosfet rectifier. Grant of watford,s map.
    Previous:
    Honda CB 360
    Kawasaki Z1 900
    86 Yamaha xj 900
    knees in the breeze is my only disease

apriliaforum Member
    Good to hear it's solved. On the other hand, sorry to read about your on-going health problems and how they're making you feel - hang on in there, old bean. Was sorry to miss you at Llandovery.

I'm glad you got your bike sorted. I just hope your health allows you to start using it. You live in an amazing part of the world for exploring by motorcycle. I'm so jealous
    http://www.youtube.com/user/timcrasher

http://timcrasher.blogspot.com

2001 Aprilia Caponord: gone but not forgotten
    1997 Caterham Supersport: The low flying bananaGone up in flames!
    2016 Ducati Multistrada DVT ( or should that be PMT )

apriliaforum expert northernkiwi's Avatar
    well folks the capo joy was short lived and the problems returned, in varying degrees, and different from day to day. Once your up over 3000 rpm things seem ok. i actually remember this was similar to what it was like before mapping. Have been doing some mountain trips, but heading over to blighty again seems to be a long way off.
    Current:
    2004 capo - the grey one
    Oberon clutch slave, 4cm extra foam in riders seat, RR back shock , Hagon progressive front springs, 4 techauto coils, AF1 fuel line and metal connectors, both brown connectors replaced with direct wiring, kappa racks and Big Husky 46l cases, hepco becker junior top case,mandatory capo stickers, cbr honda mosfet rectifier. Grant of watford,s map.
    Previous:
    Honda CB 360
    Kawasaki Z1 900
    86 Yamaha xj 900
    knees in the breeze is my only disease