Thread: Looking for Winter gear

Looking for Winter gear

Hi Capo people, yes it's been a while, but I wanted to ask the team what people are wearing for winter/wet weather gear.

I've been using a local brand called Dririder for over 7 years now and it's "ok", without being brilliant.

I'm looking for mid ranged gear, so no KLIM badlands etc (crazy prices). Not fussed with a brand, as long as it works and lasts.
    Also, my other criteria is I want to stay dry. Although the Dririder gear sort of works ok, I'd prefer something better.
    My only main criteria is I'm looking for an Adventure style suit or 2 piece. I like having the length at the back and lots of pockets. (Especially a rear pocket)

I've already done some research, but honestly it's rather confusing, to say the least.

So, what are the Capo riders of the world using?
    Cheers in advance

Mods (so far): Aprilia Rally Raid bars, bar clamp, seat, rear shock absorber, suspension link, front guard, headlight stone guard and lower chain guard. Replica RR sump guard. Leo Vince exhaust, Catfish Mapping. Mk2 Top fairing, painted to match. MG hand guards. Aprilia Dorso indicators. Honda CBR600 Reg. Autocom Intercom. Aux fuse block. H&B side racks. Trax Evo panniers. Tourfella top box Palmer aux bracket. BMW GPS quick release mount. Cyclops LED spot lights. Anakee 2 Tyres. And probably something else I can't think of right now!

http://capoandrew.blogspot.com

apriliaforum expert
    Check out 'hein gericke' - I bought an adventure suit, reasonably priced and works well in old Blighty's weather
    I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa Gaz View Post
    Check out 'hein gericke' - I bought an adventure suit, reasonably priced and works well in old Blighty's weather
    I can agree with Saffa Gaz, I have had a Hein Gericke jacket and pants for the last 9 years, riding through all weather, rain, snow,temperatures down to -8C, hail, some real persistent down pours and they have never leaked a drop - Goretex is the key I think. Guaranteed to leak this week now that I have written this!!!
    08 ETV 1000 Caponord
    Multistrada 1200
    Honda PCX125 - Just for fun.
    CRF250L - LRP.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I don't think HG have a distributor in Aus, shipping might make everything a bit too expensive.

I'd advise anything Gore-Tex almost regardless of the brand of the suit. I've tried lots of other pretenders and none have been as effective. If there's enough rain you'll get wet eventually, its all about keeping dry for as long as possible.

Aerostich.
    06' Caponord

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa Gaz View Post
    I've had the hein gericke jacket for 10 years but don't ride much in wet weather if I can help but when I've had to its kept me dry

Iím using Furygan textiles. Works for me

http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/furygan-...-jacket-black/

http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/furygan-...rousers-black/

zip together 2 piece with armour and gore tex.
    2018 Ducati Diavel Diesel "Nel mezzo del cammin de nostra vita"
    2008 Caponord ETV 1000 ABS- "Il Capo"
    2002 Tuono 1000 RSV-R Limited Nr.035- "Hyperthrust Cleared and Counting..."
    1993 Ninja ZXR750R "NinjaR!!"
    1992 Ducati 907IE "Il nostro passato ha un grande futuro"
    1986 Katana GSX750SE "The unbelievable Pop Kat"

Thank you all for your input.

I researched at all your recommendations. My main issue ended up being accessibility. When I started looking into freight costs, it added a premium that made it uneconomical. Also, something I discovered today when I went looking in some bike shops was the fit. I have to say quite honestly, I never realised how fit was so important.

So, (drum roll.....) I went for some RST gear. I bought a Paragon 5 jacket ($315AUD) and a Pro Series Adventure 3 Pants ($165). The pants were on a clearance at my local bike shop, so I jumped at the opportunity. What sold me in the end was not just the good deal, but they were so damn comfortable, especially the pants.

I've got some RST boots previously and I've been very pleased with the fit and quality. Good British gear!

So thanks again all.

Mods (so far): Aprilia Rally Raid bars, bar clamp, seat, rear shock absorber, suspension link, front guard, headlight stone guard and lower chain guard. Replica RR sump guard. Leo Vince exhaust, Catfish Mapping. Mk2 Top fairing, painted to match. MG hand guards. Aprilia Dorso indicators. Honda CBR600 Reg. Autocom Intercom. Aux fuse block. H&B side racks. Trax Evo panniers. Tourfella top box Palmer aux bracket. BMW GPS quick release mount. Cyclops LED spot lights. Anakee 2 Tyres. And probably something else I can't think of right now!

http://capoandrew.blogspot.com

apriliaforum expert the_toe_cutter's Avatar
    Good stuff Andrew, has some rst gear in the past and it did its job.
    Brum Brum