Thread: Error Code P0211 - front cylinder manifold pressure incorrect

apriliaforum expert GreaseSnake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wspawn View Post
    You won't believe it....

New engine with 3500km on it:

P0210 error code

FML
    Hopefully it’s a faulty map-sensor.

Just had one with same code. 1050kms, dropped valve sure to valve spring “fatigue”.
    (2000Mille, 2008 Tuono Factory, 2007 Tuono R, 2007 Tuono Factory, 2014 Tuono V4R aprc abs, 2000 RS250 MK2, 2008 RXV450) Current. ??? ...coming 2020.

I really hope so, or not properly connected. I mean the engine was replaced so its possible something wasn't tightened properly.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseSnake View Post
    Just had one with same code. 1050kms, dropped valve sure to valve spring “fatigue”.
    Incredible. Would the corse valve springs that AF1 be any better?

Checked, refitted everything and swapped front and rear pressure sensors. Cleared codes and ran bike for a few minutes, threw same error code P0210. Looks like I'm going to have to go deeper. Likely this is valve clearances and most likely will need a reshim, is there potentially anything else that could be stuffed as I won't have the skills to do more than that (valve adjustment is hard enough as it is). The problem came on suddenly after a ride but not far from home, so haven't done many kms on it like this at all.

Really need some advise here, this is my second engine with 3500km on it and no warranty on this one so I'm up shit creek with a AUD $18K paperweight.

Edit: is it possible valve springs could be an issue?
    Last edited by wspawn; 07-03-2018 at 07:07 PM.

apriliaforum newb

Airpressure

Hey.
    I have a rsv4 factory 2010, i have just done the valve clearence and also change the two airpressure sensor. Now when i hooked it up to guzzidiag i looked at the airpressure, and there is two thats named "rear air pressure" and "front air pressure" , and two thats named "C1 airpressure" and "C2 airpressure" , my guess is that c1 and c2 i estimated pressure and the other two is the measured pressure. And at idle the the estimated airpressure and measured airpressure does not match. Is this alright or is it wrong? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190217_230102_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	501.7 KB 
ID:	375271

Re: C1 and C2 air pressure, I'm not sure. There is an estimated value (about 800-900 mbar), but if I remember, it should be close to (or within 100 mbar) of the actual values. The service manual should explain which is which because that is where I learned about the estimated vs. actual value myself. I just don't have my manual handy.

Quote Originally Posted by p.dorian View Post
    Hey.
    I have a rsv4 factory 2010, i have just done the valve clearence and also change the two airpressure sensor. Now when i hooked it up to guzzidiag i looked at the airpressure, and there is two thats named "rear air pressure" and "front air pressure" , and two thats named "C1 airpressure" and "C2 airpressure" , my guess is that c1 and c2 i estimated pressure and the other two is the measured pressure. And at idle the the estimated airpressure and measured airpressure does not match. Is this alright or is it wrong?
    First of all, do you have any errors, problems with engine starting or running?
    Or are you just over thinking this? (like I do sometimes).

Out of curiosity, you're going to make me go & connect up my bike & see if I get similar readings.
    It's beer o'clock here now so forget it. Maybe tomorrow morning.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

Followup on my bike. Turns out the problem (why I was getting the P0211 error) is because the bucket on one of the valves wore through, the shim came out, the valve keepers let loose, the cam was bashing on the whole mess, and other minor bad things happened. But no piston to valve contact, thankfully, so no concern about piston, rod, or crank bearing damage.

So I'm getting the head repaired (valve seat, and valve guide was damaged), new valve, keepers, bucket, etc. of course, and the cam was damaged. Aprilia doesn't sell the head parts (seats, guides, etc.). They required me to buy a whole new head, but a local shop we trust to do head work is going to repair the head which will save some money.

As to why it happened, we couldn't really tell. All we know is the tear pattern (viewed under a microscope) on the bucket implied that it was the first point of failure.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post
    First of all, do you have any errors, problems with engine starting or running?
    Or are you just over thinking this? (like I do sometimes).

Out of curiosity, you're going to make me go & connect up my bike & see if I get similar readings.
    It's beer o'clock here now so forget it. Maybe tomorrow morning.
    No i dont have any errors, i have just started it up and let it run for 10 minutes, i havent been able to ride it, still snow outside.. im just curious haha. And I also wondering if its normal with that much difference between The front and rear bank, about 30 mbar difference.
    Thank you for answering so quick!
    Last edited by p.dorian; 02-18-2019 at 04:03 AM.

Ok, just remember I have these pics from a while back, only a few mbar difference.

Cold engine not running.
    Name:  Air pressure ICE off.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  65.2 KB

Engine running
    Name:  Air pressure ICE on 2.JPG
Views: 172
Size:  49.0 KB

apriliaforum newb
    Looks similar to mine, but i dont know why my front and rear is so different.. But have you any pic of the c1 and c2 values?

just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    Looks similar to mine, but i dont know why my front and rear is so different...
    Two possibilities:

-bad MAP sensor or hoses connecting to it
    -bad compression on one or more cylinders

Swap the front MAP sensor with the rear and see if the readings change.
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

Looks similar to mine, but i dont know why my front and rear is so different.. But have you any pic of the c1 and c2 values?
    OK so I got curious, the C readings do jump around a lot with the engine running & the other readings stay closer together.
    Screen snip can get them close together, but video of screen grab shows the truth. See pics & video below.
    If you are really concerned then do a compression test.

Engine off

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	airpressure ICE off C.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	375304

Engine on

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	airpressure ICE on c.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	375305

Video

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by amauri View Post
    Two possibilities:

-bad MAP sensor or hoses connecting to it
    -bad compression on one or more cylinders

Swap the front MAP sensor with the rear and see if the readings change.
    The value jumps around, but at most its about 30mbar difference, and sometimes just 2 mbar difference. Is 30mbar difference anything to worry about? Can the compression be that bad based on this values? And worth adding, when i were doing the valve adjust, i also remove one of the rear cylinder heads and replaced one of the inlet valves, it had negativ clearence and the valve was pretty worn, so i change it, but i didnt replace the seat because it looked to be in good condition and I checked that it had 100% contact with the seat using blue paint. And I chosed to have a little bigger clearence on that one because i suppose it "wear in"? Or was this stupid? Could the difference in airpressure be because of that new valve? Thank you for being helpful
    Last edited by p.dorian; 02-19-2019 at 05:10 PM.

apriliaforum newb
    Thank you plocky! Then i dont need to worry about the c1 and c2 values being higher then the rear and front. I think i Will do a compression test

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast