Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: KTM 790 Duke ... it's alive!

That pretty much sums up what I had read about the MV 800 Dave.
    Good to hear it from someone who's put their money where their mouth is.
    Like me, you would remember a time when a 750 was a big bike.
    Do not go gentle into that good night,

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

taranaki new zealand beneath mount taranaki
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodnutt View Post
    That pretty much sums up what I had read about the MV 800 Dave.
    Good to hear it from someone who's put their money where their mouth is.
    Like me, you would remember a time when a 750 was a big bike.
    If you get a chance Bloodnut take a 790 for a test ride, to look at they are just ok looking, but what an impressive little bike to ride, i get why they call it the scalpel. I doubled my wife into town tonight for a few Kilkenney's and watch the American cars cruise town, its Americana week here, and on the way home i opened the 790 up and scooted through the quick shifter, she was very impressed with it................But next time she wants to go on the 1290 or Multi, she's a shallow woman, she likes the roar of the big twins and their open pipes...Time to remove the 2up pegs on the scalpel.
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

reasonable write up.
    "Be yourself, because everybody else is taken "..............................In the shed...... Multistrada 1200, Termi full system with matching ECU, and ohlins SCU. KTM 1290 GT. Torque monster. Remus link and muffler, KTM 790 fun machine.

2nd trackday on the 790 and I'm really loving this bike, got loaned a set of tire warmers and went out with so much confidence. The fixed suspension on the 790 seems to work brilliantly on track also, the S21 tires wearing very nicely,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0819.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	379081Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0821.jpg 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	379082Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0822.jpg 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	379083

IXIL IXRACE pipe fitted, sounds great and looks cool, can't wait till the weekend.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0852.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	380186

That looks awesome Dave, I really don't need another bike but that thing is all kinds of tempting.
    When the river is low they find old bones, when they plow they always dig up chains

I have mixed feelings....I just can't get past that front view. I'm waffling between a vagina or a Klingon space vessel. Maybe I need to see a shrink...probably but still. The rest of the bike looks win and it's a KTM so it's going to sound great.
    2013 Aprilia Tuono
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 750 (sold)
    2004 BMW K1200S (sold back to BMW)
    2003 BMW K1200RS (traded)
    1984 Honda VF700F Interceptor (sold)
    1978 Yamaha XS750 special (sold)
    1978 Honda CM400A Hondamatic (traded for a CD player)

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog View Post
    That looks awesome Dave, I really don't need another bike but that thing is all kinds of tempting.
    Thanks Mike, Ive had some amazing bikes over the years , I've really been spoilt. But this 790 would have to be the most fun bike I've owned, its a simple package, but everything works perfect, from fueling through the modes, to up and down shifter, its light, nimble stable, and nearing 60 I'm appreciating that. I really like this bike, especially after the MV, they are chalk and cheese. Im having the most fun on the track I've ever had, its a breeze to ride fast, and its rear wheel 95hp is enough to have fun but never threatens to break loose. I love this bike. If you get a chance Mike test ride one, the first corner yo tip it into will have you sold, its so rewarding to ride.

apriliaforum expert craigo298er's Avatar
    Dave, since it's getting to be winter over there...send it to me and I'll keep her warm for ya
    7H3 M345UR3 0F 1N73LL163NC3 15 7H3 481L17Y 70 CH4N63
    4L83R7 31N5731N

Quote Originally Posted by craigo298er View Post
    Dave, since it's getting to be winter over there...send it to me and I'll keep her warm for ya
    I ride all year round Craigo, winters are very mild here. 12-15C, right now its been 19-22C, and its meant to be late Autumn, this has been the longest hottest summer i can ever recall. The 790 Adventures have just recently arrived, i must book a test ride, would be nice to have the pair.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
    I ride all year round Craigo, winters are very mild here. 12-15C, right now its been 19-22C, and its meant to be late Autumn, this has been the longest hottest summer i can ever recall. The 790 Adventures have just recently arrived, i must book a test ride, would be nice to have the pair.
    It was 5 degrees at my place yesterday morning Dave, rode the bike to work and had to put the heated grips on
    seesecurity.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by yzr750 View Post
    It was 5 degrees at my place yesterday morning Dave, rode the bike to work and had to put the heated grips on
    I bet it was a nice 26C by lunch time tho.

Man that looks like a fun bike to ride, light bikes are awesome. Dave I see you bought that bike for your son, that's great .

Quote Originally Posted by FZ1JOE View Post
    Man that looks like a fun bike to ride, light bikes are awesome. Dave I see you bought that bike for your son, that's great .
    I sent him a pic of the pipe last night Joe, he's on a sea rig somewhere near Melbourne, and he's going to be there for awhile, so after my pic of the pipe, he messaged me and said "Dad I'm making a shit load of money at the mo, I'm thinking of getting a 790 as well" Good boy, he has a 675 Triumph, i brought him the MV to ride here, while he liked it, i didn't, so the 790 was the replacement, he will love it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0671.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	380298Our last ride together, he loved it 2000kms of great north island roads.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveNZ View Post
    Thanks Mike, Ive had some amazing bikes over the years , I've really been spoilt. But this 790 would have to be the most fun bike I've owned, its a simple package, but everything works perfect, from fueling through the modes, to up and down shifter, its light, nimble stable, and nearing 60 I'm appreciating that. I really like this bike, especially after the MV, they are chalk and cheese. Im having the most fun on the track I've ever had, its a breeze to ride fast, and its rear wheel 95hp is enough to have fun but never threatens to break loose. I love this bike. If you get a chance Mike test ride one, the first corner yo tip it into will have you sold, its so rewarding to ride.
    Dave this post just sold me on this bike. I’ll have a wait a year or 2 for a used one to come around but I’m convinced this has be my next bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    The greatest bikes ever made that nobody knows about....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast