Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Formula 1 2018

Quote Originally Posted by vtrandall View Post
    Shit, I meant Monza, not Imola....d'oh!
    Cool, your TV finally caught up, lol.
    Good one JMH.

Yeah I thought it was decent race to watch, wasn't your average walk over like there has been.
    In 2 minds whether Vettel could have turned any harder to avoid the impact with Hamilton, he virtually under-steered into him. I'll have to agree with the stewards that it was a racing incident. No penalty either way.

--------------------------------------------

How many engines can Ricciardo go thru this season?
    Should take bets on the final number, I'll go for 10.
    I think he is up to 5 or is it 6 already.
    Or should I say engine component allowance?

Allowance for season is three ICE (internal combustion engine), MGU-H (motor generator unit-heat) and TC (turbocharger), and two ES (energy store), CE (control electronics) and MGU-K (motor generator unit-kinetic). Should a driver use more than this, a grid penalty will be imposed.

Edit: I think it's 5 as the retirement at Monza was identified later to be a clutch?? according to this>> https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...eueaiY8qW.html
    That was an awful lot of smoke for a clutch failure, guessing it's a wet multi stage clutch.
    Last edited by plocky; 09-05-2018 at 10:12 PM.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

Totally avoidable plucky. Hamilton was on the outside having to turn tighter and travelling at a higher speed than Vettel, IMHO Vettel tried to spin Hamilton. Vettel even said it could have gone either way, if we'd have touched wheels Hamilton would have spun out but it was bodywork that touched so I spun. I'm convinced Vettel tried to touch Hamiltons rear wheel to make him spin. How many times now has Vettel hit Hamilton "accidentally"? It was a stupid move realy as Vettel now has the fastest car........ after Kimi
    FUCK THE MAGS

Never live the same day twice. (My wife nearly pissed her self laughing when she read my signature line, because she reckons she has never met anyone in the whole of her life who hates change more than me) She does have a point .

apriliaforum expert coolonthecoast's Avatar
    Its a shame Kimi's tyres let him down at the end. I find the Hamilton/Vettel thing is quite boring now. Wouldn't it be great to see someone like Verstappen in the other Ferrari when Kimi retires, that would really piss Vettel off.
    40 odd powered two wheelers over 40 odd years. Currently in the garage are a 2016 Tuono V4 1100RR and a '79 Honda CB550F

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post

Edit: I think it's 5 as the retirement at Monza was identified later to be a clutch?? according to this>> https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...eueaiY8qW.html
    That was an awful lot of smoke for a clutch failure, guessing it's a wet multi stage clutch.
    If it was really an engine failure they would have said "hydraulics". So if they say clutch I tend to believe it. But you have to remember that their clutches are nothing like the clutches you and I are used to. They are pretty complex with multiple adjustments involved, including being adjustable by the driver. It is hard to say what aspect of the clutch failed, and I am sure they have no intentions of telling us that. To them they just want to make it clear that it was the clutch and not the engine that failed.

Vettel wont even allow Ricciardo in the second seat, no way he will allow Max.
    If the Italian fans now start making a statement, maybe..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dsh0uuHWkAA4NP9.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	370623

goodbye fernando.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. I’m gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

Remember when the wings were simple and the engines sounded evil? I remember riding the Futura to Indy and hearing the guys practicing when we got a few blocks from the track.
    Gave me chills.

Last edited by rdbandkab; 11-21-2018 at 02:47 PM.
    02 aprilia Futura
    15 aprilia Caponord 1200

apriliaforum expert
    I actually prefer IndyCars aero rules. They don't have the ultra complex wigs and winglets. But they have a better floor that allows for more downforce with less aero issues for the car behind. That is why they can go around places like Indianapolis nearly nose to tail. F1 cars would have to fall back out of the turbulence. Also, look at an IndyCar rear wing at a place like Indianapolis for qualifying, it is actually trying to reduce downforce (not make downforce). The floors make lots of downforce, with less drag and less areo impact on the car behind.
    I don't expect F1 to reform / improve their aero rules, but I wish they would.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by GuzziMoto View Post
    I don't expect F1 to reform / improve their aero rules, but I wish they would.
    They've changed for next year haven't they?

Cheers

Am I the only one who would rather see F1 STOP making rules every year? Like, just let 'em be and let's see what these guys develop over a period of 5-8 years with the same ruleset?

Aja - When all my dime dancin' is through
    Quote Originally Posted by antarius View Post
    Am I the only one who would rather see F1 STOP making rules every year? Like, just let 'em be and let's see what these guys develop over a period of 5-8 years with the same ruleset?
    Nope. It’s the main reason the sport costs so much and why only the richest teams succeed.

When they had a small period of stability, Williams moved up to the front.

When the rule book is the size of a large urban yellow pages, there’s something wrong.

Weight, dimensions, safety equipment, then let them build what they can over the next 5-10 years. We might even get some innovation!
    “When you're dead, you don't know you're dead—just like when you're stupid.” Someone

“Trump? He’s as stupid as a man who bought his stupid at a two for one sale.” Nancy.

i know noone watches F1 here anymore, but i liked this. he's sort of an end of an old era of champions that i remember fondly.

"i already try-why don't you try it yourself" some of my favorite quotes from a race or post race are him or kimi.

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. I’m gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    i know noone watches F1 here anymore, but i liked this. he's sort of an end of an old era of champions that i remember fondly.

"i already try-why don't you try it yourself" some of my favorite quotes from a race or post race are him or kimi.

[video=youtube_share;CohuAMqJFNc]https://youtu.be/CohuAMqJFNc
    I still watch it.
    Some funny shit in that YT.

He was still doing this stuff in the last race last night.

His tech got on the radio & said "there is 1 point up for grabs go & get it."
    Alonso; "I already have 1,800 points."
    Tech: Ok, can you try to get it for me?"

him battling with schumey. epic. (although, my favorites were hakkinen/schumacher battles.

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

ape66

Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    him battling with schumey. epic. (although, my favorites were hakkinen/schumacher battles.
    many memories.
    I may just start watching Indy again to see how he goes. Pity he didn't get the full season support he was expecting.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast