Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No start: no fuel pump / tank noise on switch on

If it is really a brand new unit it may not have a map in it. You need to check with TuneEcu.
    2001 RST Futura in stream Silver.
    Mods: Modified Öhlins fork from mille R, EBC 320mm brake discs, HEL front brakelines, Carbon RS 250 front fender, Wiring mod for charging. Engine related:05 map, Iridium plugs, tuneboy, derestriced intake, old mille airboot, staintunes exhaust. Lambda bung hardbrazed in the "breadbox". Öhlins mille R rear shock with 110N/mm spring and the integrated hydraulic preload adjuster. LED Voltmeter installed inside the dash for monitoring charging. Duc 999 radial m/c for brake and clutch.
    NWS hugger. Equipment: Famsa tankbag,
    CBR 600 -07 MOSFET R&R FH008EE providing stable 14.4 - 14.5 V (with my wiring mod). Daytona heated grips with mccoi pwm controller and automatic chain oiler

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Ahhh!

I was described as a brand new unit so if what you say is true... I'll need to sort out TuneECU somehow onto a Win10 laptop.

Would no map really prevent the priming of the tank pump?

If it's really empty you need the axone tool is my guess.
    2001 RST Futura in stream Silver.
    Mods: Modified Öhlins fork from mille R, EBC 320mm brake discs, HEL front brakelines, Carbon RS 250 front fender, Wiring mod for charging. Engine related:05 map, Iridium plugs, tuneboy, derestriced intake, old mille airboot, staintunes exhaust. Lambda bung hardbrazed in the "breadbox". Öhlins mille R rear shock with 110N/mm spring and the integrated hydraulic preload adjuster. LED Voltmeter installed inside the dash for monitoring charging. Duc 999 radial m/c for brake and clutch.
    NWS hugger. Equipment: Famsa tankbag,
    CBR 600 -07 MOSFET R&R FH008EE providing stable 14.4 - 14.5 V (with my wiring mod). Daytona heated grips with mccoi pwm controller and automatic chain oiler

apriliaforum prov-nov
    OK.. managed to get Win0 and TuneECU working. At first, it simply wouldn't connect so I attempted with an older version of TuneECU to be given an option to recover ECU so I did with a Catfish map.

I can now run tests and can run the Fuel pump. Now when I switch the bike on I can hear the pump prime. Can't try a start or it'll wake the baby who's fast asleep in the bedroom above the garage. Capo on no baffled Remus cans makes a little noise ...

I did have an error code which I deleted but it bounced back immediately.

P1601 MIL, open circuit or short to ground

* I should note in case it makes sense - I did have the rear coils unplugged at the time, and the dash is missing. Just in case that triggers anything.

I'll try the bike tm and report back. Fingers crossed.

The P1601 code is probably because of the dash being disconnected. The MIL open circuit would be the EFI light that is not connected.
    2002 Capo Wilbers rear shock, Wilbers front progressive springs, Metal fuel connectors, polaris sh775 series regulator direct wired, silicone vacuum lines, catfish map, CNC clutch slave, autoelectrics coils (2)sides, Triumph Denso 3990's centers, k&n air filter, all LED lighting, SS brake and clutch lines, Givi tall screen, Triumph tiger 955i mirrors, dual horns. Pure copper 4 gauge battery cables. Rox risers.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Update: FIXED

New ECU fitted. Tune ECU used to map recover... loaded a Catfish map.
    Bike didn't want to start... Plugs pulled and cleaned.... a few cranks latter. The beautiful sound of the Vtwin through the free-flowing Remus cans.

Thank you for all the input and the offers of help.

I'll now open relevant threads for the other bits as I move on with getting the old girl back on the road Rear Riad shock (lost fluid), Dash (lost trip function), Clutch master (found empty but now rear filled and bled), Front Caliper (not sliding), Mirrors (fancy an upgrade), Front fork seals (need doing), and Pannier racks (got an old bent set to bend back and fit), Radiator (found weeping in storage so need to check), and an oil change. Just a few bits.

Quote Originally Posted by MotoRinzler View Post
    Update: FIXED

New ECU fitted. Tune ECU used to map recover... loaded a Catfish map.
    Bike didn't want to start... Plugs pulled and cleaned.... a few cranks latter. The beautiful sound of the Vtwin through the free-flowing Remus cans.

Thank you for all the input and the offers of help.

I'll now open relevant threads for the other bits as I move on with getting the old girl back on the road Rear Riad shock (lost fluid), Dash (lost trip function), Clutch master (found empty but now rear filled and bled), Front Caliper (not sliding), Mirrors (fancy an upgrade), Front fork seals (need doing), and Pannier racks (got an old bent set to bend back and fit), Radiator (found weeping in storage so need to check), and an oil change. Just a few bits.
    Glad you got it running as for other bits clutch fit a Oberon ,calipers if you need some I've got some speare, mirrors dorsoduro,shiver Stelvio etc ,

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    Glad you got it running as for other bits clutch fit a Oberon ,calipers if you need some I've got some speare, mirrors dorsoduro,shiver Stelvio etc ,
    Thanks Haga... my front left caliper (as you sit on the bike) doesn't float anymore.. the slider is stuck so the two halves of the caliper are fused in a set position.

apriliaforum newb
    so im haveing the same problem with my 06 and cant find an ecu anywhere any sugetions

apriliaforum expert
    Have you tried searching for "aprilia Caponord etv1000 ECU for sale"?
    ETV stands for Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle. The only thing better than having one is having two.

apriliaforum newb
    or can i just bypass the relay and the ecu altogether and just install a toggle switch strait to the fuel pump from the battery

apriliaforum newb
    yes i have cant find anything in us or uk for the 06 i found an 01-03 ecu

apriliaforum expert
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190802-201707.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	385692

Very strange. The exact search I suggested resulted in the above. Could be vaporware but they claim to have one.

Boonstra

I checked the model and revision, they are the same for the 2006.

Did you check the model # and revision and compare the one for the 01-03 to yours or just go by the year?
    Last edited by CapoEVT; 08-02-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    ETV stands for Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle. The only thing better than having one is having two.

apriliaforum newb
    Ok well took it to a mechanic yesterday should have info to make sure its the ecu or dead wire sometime in the middle of next week

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123