Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 184

Thread: new 2017 Tuono 1100 maps released 12/20/17

  1. #1
    Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    9,438

    new 2017 Tuono 1100 maps released 12/20/17

    During the Holidays, Aprilia put out new 2017 Tuono maps

    new stock maps, and a new RACE map

    MODEL VERSION MAP
    Tuono E4 Europe Stock 7614LA20
    Tuono E4 USA USA Stock 7614LB20
    Tuono E4 RACE Akrapovic 7614LD20

    ending in 7614L_17 were the previous maps


    we haven't gotten to try them out yet, as Italy is still on Holiday, and our PADS wont properly take the newest software updates. Should be trying them soon.

    The map update introduces a number of improvements, among which:
    • Improved return to idle curve management;
    • more precise estimated atmospheric pressure calculation;

  2. #2
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    181
    Cool!! Visited my dealership today, noone told me about this )) Also, I had to tell them about the Brembo recall for my 17 factory ) This forum is Gold!! Keep it coming pls.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    9,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Csirkefoga View Post
    Cool!! Visited my dealership today, noone told me about this )) Also, I had to tell them about the Brembo recall for my ‘17 factory ) This forum is Gold!! Keep it coming pls.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    don't get too excited yet...the latest PADS software update has a bug in it that prevents this new RACE map from downloading....Italy now knows about it (I played with maps over the Holidays), but they are on vacay another week or so.

    We still don't have any details on the Brembo recall, or when parts will ship.

  4. #4
    apriliaforum expert punisher12b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Montgomery County MD
    Posts
    883
    How would this affect people who are using open Flash tablet Also when you say Italy is on vacation like just a prayer or the whole freaking country as I've been waiting a while for my sc1r exhaust lol

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2017 Tuono RR bone stock
    2003 zx6r track bike..
    E46 project
    lifted 6.0 powerstroke

    Prior
    2013 Diavel
    2001 Falco. Renegade Undertail CF, Derestricted, Mille Swinger, upgraded shock and big boy spring, wire mod, headlight relay, Intergrated Signals.
    1997 900RR
    1993 F2

    Quote Originally Posted by JCG View Post
    That guy behind you is huge, or was it Dr. Banner and you just cut him off!?

  5. #5
    Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    9,438
    OFT map offerings will be updated too. Not sure if this new RACE map will be better than their current Stage 2 map, but we'll see. We need to look at the new maps first to see what changed exactly. As with all the OFT stuff, their future updates will be free and easy to do.

    not sure about the whole country, but likely. I know that SC Project is very, very SLOW to deliver!!!!

  6. #6
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,063
    Ed If I have the Race ECU (purchased from you guys) can I technically take it to the dealer (of course months from now cause it's fricking winter) and have the new race map uploaded - I assume for a charge? Although honestly, my bike runs so good with the current Map I am afraid to mess with it, lol. I will be waiting to hear from you all if the new Map is good.....

  7. #7
    Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    9,438
    Quote Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
    Ed If I have the Race ECU (purchased from you guys) can I technically take it to the dealer (of course months from now cause it's fricking winter) and have the new race map uploaded - I assume for a charge? Although honestly, my bike runs so good with the current Map I am afraid to mess with it, lol. I will be waiting to hear from you all if the new Map is good.....
    yes, that can be done very easily at your dealer. Provided
    1) as long as they don't load a stock map and relock the ECU to stock.
    2) know what they are doing, and have an updated PADS.
    3) should be about a 30 min labor charge....shouldn't even take that long really.

    we can update for $50 by mail order, you just need to do handle and throttle self learning

    hoping for good things, we have one 17 tuono customer that can get some stalling on decel, so I hope this clears him up. Aprilia seems to always put out better maps than the ones it replaces. Never a bad thing to update in our opinion.

  8. #8
    apriliaforum expert vfr1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Azle, Texas
    Posts
    1,081
    does not apply to '16 models, correct?
    2017 Sherco 300 SER Factory
    2016 Tuono 1100 Factory
    2015 TREK 7.3
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...alan+golightly

  9. #9
    apriliaforum expert punisher12b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Montgomery County MD
    Posts
    883
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    OFT map offerings will be updated too. Not sure if this new RACE map will be better than their current Stage 2 map, but we'll see. We need to look at the new maps first to see what changed exactly. As with all the OFT stuff, their future updates will be free and easy to do.

    not sure about the whole country, but likely. I know that SC Project is very, very SLOW to deliver!!!!
    Thanks I will have to give shiv an email. And o well on sc1r. Looks trick. So hope it's hear before March. ..

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2017 Tuono RR bone stock
    2003 zx6r track bike..
    E46 project
    lifted 6.0 powerstroke

    Prior
    2013 Diavel
    2001 Falco. Renegade Undertail CF, Derestricted, Mille Swinger, upgraded shock and big boy spring, wire mod, headlight relay, Intergrated Signals.
    1997 900RR
    1993 F2

    Quote Originally Posted by JCG View Post
    That guy behind you is huge, or was it Dr. Banner and you just cut him off!?

  10. #10
    apriliaforum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Danville, CA
    Posts
    222
    Hi guys,
    As soon as I get my hands on the new updated calibrations, I'll give them a test and if they prove to be better than the current version, I'll update all our off-the-shelf tune files accordingly
    In the Garage:
    2018 Panigale V4 S (coming soon!)
    2017 Tuono Factory
    2016 KTM RC390
    2015 KTM 1290 Superduke R
    2014 RSV4 R
    2011 Ferrari 458
    2013 Scion FR-S
    2016 AMG GT S
    2016 Mazda MX5
    2016 Mazda CX5
    2017 Charger Hellcat
    OpenFlash Tablet
    Free Tunes || 3-Touch Programming || Digital Gauge Displays || Datalogging || Handheld Convenience || No Laptop Required

  11. #11
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    yes, that can be done very easily at your dealer. Provided
    1) as long as they don't load a stock map and relock the ECU to stock.
    2) know what they are doing, and have an updated PADS.
    3) should be about a 30 min labor charge....shouldn't even take that long really.

    we can update for $50 by mail order, you just need to do handle and throttle self learning

    hoping for good things, we have one 17 tuono customer that can get some stalling on decel, so I hope this clears him up. Aprilia seems to always put out better maps than the ones it replaces. Never a bad thing to update in our opinion.
    If I do it, I may just send it to you guys because I have 3 months to kill and I have Guzzidiag. Will wait and see what you you say on it as the difference may not be enough. My bike runs perfect with the Map you loaded onto my Race ECU....even starts better. I do however get some occasional jumping/surging when you use the autoblipper....not on every gear either which is weird.

  12. #12
    apriliaforum prov-nov Sam Iam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    College Station, TX.
    Posts
    59
    I bought mine in November from AF1 and have the RACE ECU installed by AF1. I'm not even to 300 miles yet and have had the bike die on decel but only once. I'm hoping to get Ed & crew to reflash mine at first service.
    2017 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 RR - The dream bike
    2016 Honda CBR500R - The wife's bike
    2015 Honda Stateline VT1300 - The family truckster

  13. #13
    apriliaforum expert punisher12b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Montgomery County MD
    Posts
    883
    Wonder if will fix hot start issues at all


    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2017 Tuono RR bone stock
    2003 zx6r track bike..
    E46 project
    lifted 6.0 powerstroke

    Prior
    2013 Diavel
    2001 Falco. Renegade Undertail CF, Derestricted, Mille Swinger, upgraded shock and big boy spring, wire mod, headlight relay, Intergrated Signals.
    1997 900RR
    1993 F2

    Quote Originally Posted by JCG View Post
    That guy behind you is huge, or was it Dr. Banner and you just cut him off!?

  14. #14
    apriliaforum prov-nov
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenFlash View Post
    Hi guys,
    As soon as I get my hands on the new updated calibrations, I'll give them a test and if they prove to be better than the current version, I'll update all our off-the-shelf tune files accordingly
    Does the open flash tablet work on the stock ecu ?

    thanks

  15. #15
    apriliaforum expert Markey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Swansea UK
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by SJC357 View Post
    Does the open flash tablet work on the stock ecu ?

    thanks

    Yes buddy it will

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2017 Tuono 1100 RACE map released
    By Ed / AF1 Racing in forum 2012-2019 Tuono V4 - All Variants
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-12-2017, 01:10 PM
  2. Tuono 2014 "Gel" (Upgraded) Seat VS new 2016 Tuono 1100 seat...opinions?
    By BigJimmyJ in forum 2012-2019 Tuono V4 - All Variants
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-17-2016, 12:19 AM
  3. New Aprilia Tuono 1100 driver
    By Mavic in forum 2012-2019 Tuono V4 - All Variants
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2016, 12:27 PM
  4. Tuono 1100 Australian Release date
    By spank36 in forum 2012-2019 Tuono V4 - All Variants
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-10-2015, 07:18 AM
  5. New Akra (race) USA mapping released last night
    By Ed / AF1 Racing in forum 2010-2019 RSV4 - All Variants
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 06:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •