Thread: I love this bike!

apriliaforum Member

I love this bike!

All it takes is riding one of my other bikes or swapping with a friend and then getting back on mine and I remember why I love this bike. I think I have ridden most all the bikes in this class and a bunch that are not and for ME, this is the one. My wife bought me a MRA vario tinted windscreen and an SC project pipe for Christmas and its now perfect. I paid $9000 for a new bike with a 1200 twin, auto suspension (that I love), cruise , heated grips, rides 2 up better than any other bike ive owned, has gps and can be ridden hard on twisties or load up the bags and just eat up miles in comfort with my rebuilt seat. In my book that's a lot of bike for the money for my kind of riding. Didn't think the MRA vario windscreen made any difference till I realized I was going 90. Most problem areas have been addressed, sending unit, exhaust, windscreen and seat. I typically change those things on any bike I own to suet me anyways. I know a lot of people have had problems with their bikes and feel differently than I but I cant find another that offers so much for so little. Resale isn't a concern to me, I usually keep them till their not worth selling anyway. This is by no means a perfect bike, theres better cruise controls etc and its not a great $16000 bike but is a great $10000 bike .

So where I live in central Melbourne it takes a good hour or more of transit to reach any good scratcherís roads. By the time you get there you want to spend at least another 2-4 hours in the bends. Keep in mind the roads here are of variable quality, some of them are really messed up from milk tankers and log trucks.

The Caponord for me is the sort of bike that lets you spend six hours riding, as fast as is reasonable on public roads, and arrive home physically fresh.

It looks and sounds great and apart from a radiator guard I havenít made a single mod to it.

My only gripe is that itís a pain in the arse to keep clean...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zoombyu View Post
    All it takes is riding one of my other bikes or swapping with a friend and then getting back on mine and I remember why I love this bike. I think I have ridden most all the bikes in this class and a bunch that are not and for ME, this is the one. My wife bought me a MRA vario tinted windscreen and an SC project pipe for Christmas and its now perfect. I paid $9000 for a new bike with a 1200 twin, auto suspension (that I love), cruise , heated grips, rides 2 up better than any other bike ive owned, has gps and can be ridden hard on twisties or load up the bags and just eat up miles in comfort with my rebuilt seat. In my book that's a lot of bike for the money for my kind of riding. Didn't think the MRA vario windscreen made any difference till I realized I was going 90. Most problem areas have been addressed, sending unit, exhaust, windscreen and seat. I typically change those things on any bike I own to suet me anyways. I know a lot of people have had problems with their bikes and feel differently than I but I cant find another that offers so much for so little. Resale isn't a concern to me, I usually keep them till their not worth selling anyway. This is by no means a perfect bike, theres better cruise controls etc and its not a great $16000 bike but is a great $10000 bike .
    Well said and timely. I love my Capo but have been thinking about trading it for an Eldorado or California Custom as I've been using my Tuono for touring. I'm pretty sure I just need a nice day to take it out for a couple hundred miles and that thought will go away.

- Tim

2015 Piaggio Fly 150 - "It's small and white?"
    2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory - holy crap
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium - DungeonMaster's old steed

Did a small group ride on New Year's Day which included a buddy riding the Futura he bought from me. As much as I enjoyed that bike the dune giallo Rally is even better to ride: way more power, better brakes, smoother mapping, and a host of niceties like aDD, T/C, ABS, and LED aux lighting.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by laker213 View Post
    Well said and timely. I love my Capo but have been thinking about trading it for an Eldorado or California Custom as I've been using my Tuono for touring. I'm pretty sure I just need a nice day to take it out for a couple hundred miles and that thought will go away.
    What made you choose the Tuono to tour on instead?

Quote Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
    What made you choose the Tuono to tour on instead?
    A big factor was that I don’t ride on weekends much anymore so the Tuono became more of a commuter. The good roads are more congested around here so quick jaunts to the hill country aren’t as appealing as they once were. My wife is the person I do pleasure riding with these days so I take the Guzzi to match speed with her V7. When I had a week to head to the Ozarks on a trip I felt I either needed to ride the Tuono or sell it. It was amazing on those roads and I can’t wait to take it out again.

- Tim

2015 Piaggio Fly 150 - "It's small and white?"
    2016 Aprilia Tuono 1100 Factory - holy crap
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium - DungeonMaster's old steed