Thread: squeaky rattle in front fairing /windshield

apriliaforum newb

squeaky rattle in front fairing /windshield

Bought a 2010 Mana 850 GT with only 50 miles on it. It was garaged and well cared for. Everything is working great except an annoying rattle squeak coming from the plastic parts around the headlight and other fairing parts. I took the windshield off to isolate the problem and it is not the windshield. Any suggestions how to remedy this? Thanks

Hi Lee, welcome to the forum. Can you be more specific about where the rattle squeak is coming from? I assume you have been over all the panels to make sure all the screws are in place and correctly tightened. There are a couple of places where the panels are clipped on with rubber grommets (the inner fairing panels next to the top of the fork legs and at the bottom of the side panels on each side). If these are dry or not clipped in properly they might be the cause. I found a bit of WD40 or rubber lube made getting these clipped in easier. Also round the headlight the side panel has a small pin that fits into the front panel to hold it in so worth checking this hasn't been broken off. Also worth checking that the subframe is secure and none of the wiring is loose. I also discovered that the throttle cables were rubbing on the inside of the left hand fork leg on my GT and had left quite a deep mark in the tube so worth looking at that.

One thing to note if you take the screen off - the little 'top hat' spacers that fit into the grommets on either side should be placed in from the under side. If you put them in from the top, the screen will rub on the plastic panel underneath and end up with a mark on each corner. Mine has this because the previous owner or service mechanic put them in upside down.

Let us know how you get on.
    2009 Mana GT ABS; Andreani fork cartridges with uprated springs; Dorsoduro hand guards and heated grips; 30mm handlebar risers; Digital tachograph: Modified woodcraft folding brake pedal; R&G frame sliders

apriliaforum newb

Problem with front fairing.

Hi. I just got a new-used black 2013 Mana with 3800 miles on it. Iím selling my white 2013 with 14k miles on it (I didnít like the white). Anyway, the new oneís front fairing (part 16 in the pic) only has one side fastener. The two black top hat looking rubber pieces are there. And the rubber poker is there. Not sure what Iím missing to make it stay in place?? Anyone?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0E28ED84-5B93-40BD-A486-82684205839A.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	383962  

The same panel on my GT was broken when I bought it, with one of the mounts cracked through. As long as you have all the spacers and rubber screen guides then you just need a bolt that is put in from behind the dashboard. (No22 in the diagram)
    2009 Mana GT ABS; Andreani fork cartridges with uprated springs; Dorsoduro hand guards and heated grips; 30mm handlebar risers; Digital tachograph: Modified woodcraft folding brake pedal; R&G frame sliders