Thread: New Member from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

apriliaforum newb

New Member from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hi All,
    just thought Iíd introduce myself to this great forum,I have been riding bikes for about 15yrs now and had some Aprilia Tuonos previously (gen 1 & gen 2) gen 2 was a beauty as it was also a Factory done with the dream black colour scheme,after the Aprilias i bought the Triumph STR 675 which was a great bike also,then after a couple of years decided on the BMW S1000r 2015 model which was a step in the right direction heading back up to a 1000cc,traded in the 2015 model for the 2017 model with all the new goodies on but couldnít believe it and kicked myself when I saw the new Tuono Factory for 2017,after a bit of searching and trying not to loose to much money on the S1000r a deal was done and I took ownership of my gorgeous machine a couple of days ago with only 3 miles on the clock(maybe up to 5 miles now with pushing it in and out the garage just to look at it )

cheers and all all the best

welcome. enjoy yourself.
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

apriliaforum newb
    Cheers CRMNL

Welcome, it will be interesting to hear your take on the comparisons between the S1000r and the Tuono.
    '12 Tuono V4 APRC
    '03 Ducati ST4S

apriliaforum newb
    Just as soon as I can get the bike out the garage,weather is terrible just now with all the salt on the roads ��

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
    Just as soon as I can get the bike out the garage,weather is terrible just now with all the salt on the roads ��
    Hey Doyle, welcome aboard. I will be touring the North Coast 500 route this summer, with another couple on our bikes (unfortunately not the Apes). What can we expect the weather to be like? It will be during the last 2 weeks of August, then we head over to France and the Med.... I understand it can be "changeable"!

Used to be sunny Durham, now dull and rainy Midlands, England
    I think "foggy with showers and regular bursts of heavy rain" should just about the cover it for the west of Scotland, for the whole of August.

That's what it's been like every time we've ridden up there - in 2009 we even turned around at Fort Augustus and rode down to Plymouth and got on a ferry to Santander to get some decent weather (after 4 solid days of miserable heavy August rain in Scotland).

But, gotta say, weather apart, it's a fantastic place to ride.

Welcome to the forum Doyle - hope you really enjoy the bike.....great choice.
    Cheers,

"I am a selfish, self-righteous tosser", a "fucking loser" and now an "absolute fucking idiot"

Me - '03 RSV Mille, '89 FJ 1200 x 2, & '75 TL 125 & Schweizer S300 CBi Helicopter
    Wife - '01 FZ1 (Fazer 1000), '86 VF 750 Interceptor and '07 CRF 230F
    Kids - '03 Fazer 600, GY 125 and CRF 100 off roaders, '10 Reiju RS2 50 Matrix Pro

apriliaforum Member Albertomesell's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum !!

BTW, you made the right choice.

The S1000R is a great bike, but the TUONO is just in a league of its own ;-)

Enjoy !!!
    My current bikes:
    -2016' Aprilia TUONO 1100 Factory
    -2014' Ducati Multistrada 1200S
    -2007' Yamaha R1 (racetrack only)
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AlbertoMESELL

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks everyone for the welcome,and just as stated itís pot luck ,but definitely bring waterproofs as weather does change on this route and you will be open to the elements but when it dries out it is just simply amazing,roads are superb and scenery is brilliant if you can take your eyes of the road long enough to look up,sounds like you are doing an epic road trip,what bikes are you taking? anyway a wee bit of rain to put up with when you know you are heading for the med is ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the spirit of riding. enjoy, or don't. if you enjoy, doesn't matter the weather, until the roads get slippy and cage it for a while. i would love to ride the scotland roads.
    hubris-that's the game with the blocks, right?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/