Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Can we get an actual answer please...

I've got a good source of std NEW ecu's, i can ship a new ecu already loaded with one custom tuned map of mine, already activated, plug&play but throttle and handle learning, including a Guzzidiag lead to perform this and add diagnosys capabilities, and still be cheaper than those tablets.

it take you less time to swap an ecu on these bike than flashing back to std and both ecu keep their activations, so no need to re-do the throttle think every time (here the ecu removal guide: http://www.gabroracingteam.it/IT/IT/...val-guide.aspx )

BTW flashing back to stock do not save you at an eventual warranty check. at current status is not possible yet to hide a ecu has been flashed previousely from a 3rd party tool (any tool used by tuners)
    ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

^^^ This thread is really binging the important info together.
    Tuning wars is good for Aprilia owners, yes. lol

I do still see a plus for the OFT in certain scenarios though; say I bought OFT & flash my ECU, use the bike until I decide to trade on a new bike, then I flash the old bike back before trade in, get new bike & flash new ECU with the appropriate map for the newer model at no cost, OFT does this, yes.
    If I bought a Gabro, Tomik or Aprilia race ECU, it could be done for same model to switch ECU's, however with difference between some models is not possible.
    Selling ECU is then necessary to trade up & pay for another flash.
    Just throwing in some thoughts.
    Last edited by plocky; 12-21-2017 at 01:29 AM.
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

apriliaforum prov-nov adapa3345's Avatar
    Hi owners!
    I'm Jennifer Wehmeyer (Seattle, WA USA). I've found myself in this conversation on popular Facebook Aprilia owner pages.

This thread is absolutely fantastic! The conversation here is very good, and everyone has been respectful.
    Tuning options are good for a motorcycle with a relatively locked processor code (software development coding).

I'm very excited!
    I absolutely agree, options available are personal preference!

I own a OpenFlash Tablet for my 2013 RSV4 R APRC ABS.
    I also have RESPECT for Gabro as a phenomenal tuner.
    2013 Aprilia RSV4 R (track and street bike)
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-10R
    2007 Yamaha WR450F
    2005 Honda CRF50
    1999 Honda VFR800
    2004 Kawasaki ZX-10R (sold)
    2002 Honda VFR800 (sold)
    2002 Triumph Sprint ST (RIP)
    1999 Kawasaki ZR-7S (sold)
    1998 Kawasaki ZX-6R (track bike: sold)

1993 Kawasaki 600R (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by cmutza View Post
    Really? Maybe I'm wrong but I was under the impression that Gabro is only a couple hundred cheaper than OFT. Unless you manage to find a super cheap used ECU maybe. Again with shipping from the US to Italy it could be $100+ round trip and that's for a slow service.

If the dealer were to flash your ECU you just reflash your OFT map when you get home, no need to redownload and send to OFT. Worst case if you did, he's super fast about getting back via email in my experience.
    A brand new std ecu in the UK is only around 250, loads on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by plocky View Post
    ^^^ This thread is really binging the important info together.
    Tuning wars is good for Aprilia owners, yes. lol

I do still see a plus for the OFT in certain scenarios though; say I bought OFT & flash my ECU, use the bike until I decide to trade on a new bike, then I flash the old bike back before trade in, get new bike & flash new ECU with the appropriate map for the newer model at no cost, OFT does this, yes.
    If I bought a Gabro, Tomik or Aprilia race ECU, it could be done for same model to switch ECU's, however with difference between some models is not possible.
    Selling ECU is then necessary to trade up & pay for another flash.
    Just throwing in some thoughts.
    Good thoughts

I'm sure Gab would also be able to reflash the ecu for your next Aprilia (If that was the next bike!) otherwise it would no doubt sell pretty quick on this Forum

Dont forget, Openflash do not cover every bike...................

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I have the BrenTuning flash on my 2017 RR, it is really good. One nice thing is I can switch my fuel types with the hand held unit, I run pump and MR12. I have no complaints about the tune and everything works as good or better then stock. Id say if you wanna keep your warranty then go with the race ECU and whatever slip on Aprilia approves (I dont think they warranty all slip ons or full systems). If you arent worried about warranty then go with any of these tuners. I went with BrenTuning, they have a good history of tuning the BMWs and they did a good job with my RSV4.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabro View Post
    I've got a good source of std NEW ecu's, i can ship a new ecu already loaded with one custom tuned map of mine, already activated, plug&play but throttle and handle learning, including a Guzzidiag lead to perform this and add diagnosys capabilities, and still be cheaper than those tablets.

it take you less time to swap an ecu on these bike than flashing back to std and both ecu keep their activations, so no need to re-do the throttle think every time (here the ecu removal guide: http://www.gabroracingteam.it/IT/IT/...val-guide.aspx )
    That's a great setup right there, good idea.

Anyway, as others have said it's great that we all have options now. That's great for the Aprilia community, and it seems like each has it's strong points so far.

apriliaforum Member a bathing ape's Avatar
    Might sound like a long-shot, but the best possible solution would probably be for all these tuners to make maps that OFT can utilize. That way we have one source to download/upload ECU tunes from whatever preferred tuner you like.

This just seems like the easiest method for all of us, but Im not sure how cost beneficial this would be for the tuners. Unless they charged for their tunes, which Im sure most people wouldn't mind paying for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by a bathing ape View Post
    Might sound like a long-shot, but the best possible solution would probably be for all these tuners to make maps that OFT can utilize. That way we have one source to download/upload ECU tunes from whatever preferred tuner you like.

This just seems like the easiest method for all of us, but Im not sure how cost beneficial this would be for the tuners. Unless they charged for their tunes, which Im sure most people wouldn't mind paying for.

Can you not “see” and “feel” the “love” between some of these tuners on the forum.
    Theyre a competitive bunch

Quote Originally Posted by a bathing ape View Post

I can see that working.........................................no t!

''Hi Gab it's Shiv here from Openflash, just email me all your Tuning files over will you? that way I can gain from all of the many thousands of hours you have spent on the the dyno and your computer and make myself a small (or even a large) fortune all at your expense and trouble, Oh, and Happy Christmas Gab''

apriliaforum Member
    Love reading the post!! I will keep my opinion to myself.. I will be racing my new 17 RF next season, practice starts Jan 6-7th at Jennings GP in Florida...Lots of great information in this thread..
    NIZE.........

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by murphc13 View Post
    I don’t think so. But Aprilia say that the unlock code is for use with Akrapovic exhaust.
    They say the race ECU is for use with anything else.They could have their own reasons for differentiating in this regard.
    But I guess I can’t answer your question 100%.
    Gabro should know.
    I had heard the same. But ISB unlocked mine after putting on the SC Project CRT exhaust, and it appears to be just fine after about 2000 miles.
    2017 RSV4RR

apriliaforum prov-nov adapa3345's Avatar
    I own an OpenFlash Tablet. My husband and I did a baseline dyno:
    OpenFlash Tablet, Off the Shelf ECU map "RSV4 Stage 2 ECU map"
    vs.
    Aprilia RACE ECU map

Here is my dyno as of December 2017. I'm in the USA.
    Bike on the dyno is my
    2013 Aprilia RSV4 R APRC ABS.
    12,500 miles
    Stock paper filter
    NGK Spark Plug CR9EKB
    91 USA octane (up to 10% Ethanol) street pump fuel.
    Upgrades:
    Akrapovic no catalytic slip-on
    Aprilia RACE ECU map

*Same bike was dyno twice, NO ENGINE MODIFICATIONS WERE CHANGED - only dyno with different ECU maps:
    - first with the Aprilia RACE ECU map.
    -- Then, a second dyno run with the OpenFlash Tablet "off the shelf" RSV4 Stage 2 ECU map installed.

The OpenFlash Tablet "off the shelf" RSV4 Stage 2 ECU map is an upgrade in performance to the Aprilia OE Standard ECU, and comparable (similar) to the Aprilia RACE ECU map.

See my dyno photo for reference:https://plus.google.com/+JenniferWeh...ts/bcKV9iUjsDb

Last edited by adapa3345; 01-03-2018 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Didn't post dyno photo link, added photo link
    2013 Aprilia RSV4 R (track and street bike)
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-10R
    2007 Yamaha WR450F
    2005 Honda CRF50
    1999 Honda VFR800
    2004 Kawasaki ZX-10R (sold)
    2002 Honda VFR800 (sold)
    2002 Triumph Sprint ST (RIP)
    1999 Kawasaki ZR-7S (sold)
    1998 Kawasaki ZX-6R (track bike: sold)

1993 Kawasaki 600R (sold)

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
    Someone told me these tablet setups remove the Aprilia maps and write there own, and ocassionanly. Not all the time. Occasionally, they act up and basically you have a bricked ECU as they do irreversible things.
    I'm not aware of any bricked Aprilia ECUs caused by using the OFT. Not one. Who told you this?
    In the Garage:
    2018 Panigale V4 S (coming soon!)
    2017 Tuono Factory
    2016 KTM RC390
    2015 KTM 1290 Superduke R
    2014 RSV4 R
    2011 Ferrari 458
    2013 Scion FR-S
    2016 AMG GT S
    2016 Mazda MX5
    2016 Mazda CX5
    2017 Charger Hellcat
    OpenFlash Tablet
    Free Tunes || 3-Touch Programming || Digital Gauge Displays || Datalogging || Handheld Convenience || No Laptop Required

apriliaforum expert

Can we get an actual answer please...

Quote Originally Posted by OpenFlash View Post
    I'm not aware of any bricked Aprilia ECUs caused by using the OFT. Not one. Who told you this?
    Your tablets weren't mentioned.
    I'm not at liberty to say unfortunately.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast