Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tuono Seat on a 17' RF?

apriliaforum Junkie andyandtherman's Avatar
    Thanks Ed, I'll get up there for my appt with Brent and check it out.
    2017 Aprilia RSV4RF. Austin Racing slip on, race ECU, Graves frame sliders, Competition Werkes rear fender eliminator, Motobox mirror block offs/led signals, gutted emissions, RhinoMoto bar ends, Rizoma bar end mirror, Tuono seat.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi guys,

New to the forum. This is my first post. I just picked up the demo '17 RSV4 RR from the local dealer. Being a demo, they added a little carbon bling and a comfort mod. The seat says "TUONO V4 Sport-Gel". I'm 6'1'', 230, and I took a 4 hour ride a week or so ago. Absolutely no issues. I can't do that on my touring bike (BMW K12LT). I highly recommend this seat.
    Last edited by dprsv4; 12-30-2017 at 12:14 PM.

I (the OP) was unable to access this forum on my computers, for whatever reason, so I e mailed Ed directly at AF1 for some clarification. I thought to post up the Q and A so others may benefit. Happy New Year Everyone!

Good morning Ed,

I had started the thread on the forum about putting a Tuono seat on my RSV4RF that I bought from you guys last May. I looked up the part on your website and on this page below, there are 2 seat options and they have the same part numbers save for the last digit. They're even the same price. My question is, what is the difference? Which one would best suit my bike in terms of making it a more comfortable perch?

http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scrip...26+Windscreens

Thanks,

Andy

And the answer from Ed, was that they're identical in comfort, but upon closer inspection, different in stitching.

I ordered the one that most resembles what the RF comes with and should receive it this week.

Thanks to Ed, and again, my sincere apologies for e mailing you when the shop was closed. I wasn't aware of the winter break and wouldn't have bothered you on your much deserved time off.

2017 Aprilia RSV4RF. Austin Racing slip on, race ECU, Graves frame sliders, Competition Werkes rear fender eliminator, Motobox mirror block offs/led signals, gutted emissions, RhinoMoto bar ends, Rizoma bar end mirror, Tuono seat.

apriliaforum Member
    Please let us know how much of a difference the Tuono seat vs. the rsv4 item. Am curious whether it seats you taller which I wouldn’t want due to the mentioned extra padding.

Will do!

apriliaforum Member
    Any update? Im also interested in the comfort seat.
    2016 RSV4 RF
    Weekend canyon warrior
    Track day enthusiast

apriliaforum Member
    I have a 2017 RR and just put the 2017 Tuono seat on it. It's just a bit more comfy, and maybe 0.3" higher / thicker. It doesn't seem to fit quite as well though, just a bit more gap around the bottom. Not a big deal for me though.

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gluge View Post
    I have a 2017 RR and just put the 2017 Tuono seat on it. It's just a bit more comfy, and maybe 0.3" higher / thicker. It doesn't seem to fit quite as well though, just a bit more gap around the bottom. Not a big deal for me though.
    Did you put the oem tuono seat or the tuono comfort seat?
    2016 RSV4 RF
    Weekend canyon warrior
    Track day enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by andyandtherman View Post
    I (the OP) was unable to access this forum on my computers, for whatever reason,.........
    Any time this happens I use a VPN to access the site, read>http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...=1#post4289079
    2015(16) RSV4 RR Ascari Black 201HP

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Signal_jp View Post
    OEM the RF one that has the same texture look as the stock 2017 rsv4 seat.

The seat just arrived from AF 1 and I just put it on. Mine fits nicely and looks exactly the same. It is a little softer to the finger and a little more cushy on the tushy, but the real test will be this weekend's long ride with my cruiser friends. I also slapped a tank protector on there as well.

Name:  20180104_154526.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  101.5 KB

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Signal_jp View Post
    the 16+ Tuono OEM seat is better than the gel accessory Tuono seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    the 16+ Tuono OEM seat is better than the gel accessory Tuono seat.
    I agree on the comfort seat. Even with the gel, it is almost as hard as the OEM seat and I seem to slide around more with it. Also, if the bike sits out in the sun on a warm or hot day, the gel really absorbs the heat and is not too much fun to sit on until it cools down.
    2016 Aprilia RSV4 RF LE #11 of 200
    2011 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol Edition ( Sold 6-5-18)
    2002 Honda RC51
    1980 Honda CBX
    1965 Honda CB77 Vintage Roadracer

Quote Originally Posted by cb77guy View Post
    I agree on the comfort seat. Even with the gel, it is almost as hard as the OEM seat and I seem to slide around more with it. Also, if the bike sits out in the sun on a warm or hot day, the gel really absorbs the heat and is not too much fun to sit on until it cools down.
    That's okay. Its designed to be hot so you shoot blanks. It's a good thing, really...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by andyandtherman View Post
    The seat just arrived from AF 1 and I just put it on. Mine fits nicely and looks exactly the same. It is a little softer to the finger and a little more cushy on the tushy, but the real test will be this weekend's long ride with my cruiser friends. I also slapped a tank protector on there as well.

Name:  20180104_154526.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  101.5 KB
    Nice that it looks practically the same. Keep us posted as you put more miles on it and whether you can feel an appreciable difference when going on long(er) rides.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast