Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great interview withe Herve' Poncharal

Quote Originally Posted by meanstrk View Post
    Based on the second half of the season, I don't think he has shit to say about it.
    This^^

It seems a lot of posters feel Roscoe will retire after the '18 season. I for one do not believe he is going anywhere and will sign at least a one year contract early in the season. Think about it, if Roscoe is to retire it'll be the biggest news in MotoGP of the decade. When he does retire I think he'll announce over the off season so he can dominate the news at each and every round during the year. A literal year long retirement party.

Zarco moving to Redbull would be his chance for a factory ride. He is not that young and although a great rider, perhaps too old for Yamaha to place in the factory team.
    02 RSV Red , Derestricted intake, EVO airbox kit, Evo alu trumpets, Carbon panels from 01 MilleR, Haga dash, Ohlins damper, Sato rearsets, Tigcraft 80mm full system, 04 mirrors
    '04 Futura Silver, de-restricted air box, mille boot & Evo air filter, John B's rectifier & Anderson Power Pole connectors, brass QD, Nippy Normans HID low beam and Boss Bob's HID highs, Skidmark CF hugger & chainguard, TaylorMades, Helibars, Evo clutch slave, AF1 radial masters & 4 pad brakes, CRG clutch and brake levers, Rhino frame and front axle sliders, Wilbers shock, Lindemann Eng. fork mods, heated grips Gloebs' former bike

he also took a pay-cut at some point so the team could afford upgrades, that's documented. I can't think of anyone else who did the same.
    I think it was perhaps Bradley Smith who actually paid out of his own pocket to upgrade the brakes on his bike at Tech 3?
    Ron
    MSgt USMC (Retired!)
    N2 CR
    WERA # 45
    IBA #38812

RST Futura
    Colin Edwards RSV R Mille #066 (Sold now. Sigh...)
    2007.5 Tuono

For custom paint work, check out https://www.facebook.com/Trading-Paint-162751633826626/

apriliaforum expert Powerful Pierre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meanstrk View Post
    I think it was perhaps Bradley Smith who actually paid out of his own pocket to upgrade the brakes on his bike at Tech 3?
    Close, it was Cal when Dovi was his team-mate and had supposedly better spec brakes. In the end it didn't make much difference.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Good to know, I had no idea Cal did such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    Close, it was Cal when Dovi was his team-mate and had supposedly better spec brakes. In the end it didn't make much difference.

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    That's racers for ya, if they are getting beaten by a team mate then their self belief and confidence in their own ability means that they believe their team mate has an equipment advantage, or is getting more favourable treatment from the team

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12