Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for tires...

Quote Originally Posted by LesRiskey View Post
    Damn, Skippy!

What kind of tires came on it?

Mine came with Q2s.

My stock rear was shot after 5,000 miles.

And I mean shot!

Attachment 347208
    Whatever the OEM is. The rear is getting a flat spot on the middle. Not like yours though.
    Lester
    2015 Shiver 750
    2009 Yamaha Tmax

I highly recommend the m7rr
    Bike had bt023 on when I bought they did okay. Pushed them pretty hard never felt anything too crazy. I'm on my second set of m7rr and love them. Heat up quick and get pretty good mileage probably around 4k to 5k from rear. Very good I'm rain and pricing is pretty good. Grip is on par with Q3 but last twice as long.
    I've pushed the m7 hard and it feels great.
    Hope I could help!
    First pic is bt023 got it pretty warm
    Second pic is the first m7rr I ended up replacing as it was getting low in the area where the bike was tipping in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

apriliaforum newb

BT023's

Quote Originally Posted by Joda View Post
    I've just put another pair of Bridgestone BT023's on my DD, great grip in almost all weathers and good mileage.
    What kind of mileage do you get out of these? I just picked up an 09 Shiver with a new set of these. I remember not loving them years ago on my ST1300 and have been a big fan of PR4's but this is a smaller, light er bike than the ST1300 so not sure what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Culomorena78 View Post
    What kind of mileage do you get out of these? I just picked up an 09 Shiver with a new set of these. I remember not loving them years ago on my ST1300 and have been a big fan of PR4's but this is a smaller, light er bike than the ST1300 so not sure what to expect.
    I was a big fan of the Bridgestones on my Shiver.
    Great grip with a noticeably softer ride....they really helped to add some comfort to the generally harsh ride over London's poorly surfaced roads.
    Also their wet grip was one of the best I've come across, plus they lasted very well.
    Best bang-for-buck on the all-season tyre market from my point of view.

Well, while we're talking tyres... anyone tried the Michy PilotRoad-5's yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee_750 View Post
    Well, while we're talking tyres... anyone tried the Michy PilotRoad-5's yet?
    Frodo put a PR5 on the front (post #8965):
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...-today/page598

I am only about 3.5k into my 4's, so I have a bit to go before I can try out the 5's. I've heard great things about them.

apriliaforum expert High Country's Avatar

My Pirelli MT60 is doing better than I expected. I'm at about 2000 miles, and still have about 70% remaining. The second half always seems to go faster, so I expect about 3500 out of the rear. I can live with that for an all terrain tire. It is as good as the Pirelli Scorpion Trail, and much better than the TKC80.

My track tires, the Pirelli Diablo Rosso III, have one track day and about 500 miles of street use on them, and have about 70% remaining also. Those are probably good for 2000 miles of street, or 3 track days the way I ride. A good rider would use them up in one track day.

Last edited by High Country; 02-06-2018 at 01:29 PM.
    2009 Aprilia Dosoduro 750 (Adventurized: http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/a...893274&thumb=1)

For some reason, they are now "Road 5".
    Just tested the Shiver and tyres to the extreme. Three day trip, included 95km of gravel, including mud, then yesterday 650 km of rain, including torrential rain, that put a truck in front of me on its side and a car into the ditch. The Road 5 was awesome. Will post trip report soon. Heads up: I'm chuckling seeing posts with clean bikes!
    Frodo
    2015 Shiver
    New Zealand

Just caught a flat rear tire on my way home. New Bridgestone S21 with less than 1000 miles on it. Put a cheap plug in it, and it's holding air while on a spool stand, but I'm sketched out due to the type of puncture. Rather than a nail or screw, I picked up a broken utility knife blade. Made a slit puncture rather than a hole. Nice thing is that Bridgestone just started running their $25/tire prepaid card rebate. I've got a new rear tire ordered. Ordinarily, I'd just run the plug, but the slit-type puncture has me thinking it may begin splitting when the tire gets up to temperature. I'll have a look at the inside, one the tire is replaced, and see if a proper mushroom-type plug repair will do. Then keep it as a spare.
    2014 DD 750 ABS - Spark exhaust, Arrow decat, headers (all ceramic coated), BMC filter, BikeMaster DLFP16-BS LiFePO battery, NGK iridium plugs, GPR steering damper, DD 1200 fully adjustable rear shock w/spring swap, 2016 Tuono Factory wheels, 15/44 520 conversion (PBR/Superlite/DID), Strada-7 fork preload adjusters, Samco 2-piece hose kit w/clamps, Engine Ice, Renazco Racing seat, EvoTech tidy tail, Aprilia grab handles, shorty levers, crank-case breather mod, evap-can delete... and a Rapid Bike EVO.

Pretty shitty kinda puncture right there...
    2014 DD 750 ABS - Spark exhaust, Arrow decat, headers (all ceramic coated), BMC filter, BikeMaster DLFP16-BS LiFePO battery, NGK iridium plugs, GPR steering damper, DD 1200 fully adjustable rear shock w/spring swap, 2016 Tuono Factory wheels, 15/44 520 conversion (PBR/Superlite/DID), Strada-7 fork preload adjusters, Samco 2-piece hose kit w/clamps, Engine Ice, Renazco Racing seat, EvoTech tidy tail, Aprilia grab handles, shorty levers, crank-case breather mod, evap-can delete... and a Rapid Bike EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by rule62 View Post
    Pretty shitty kinda puncture right there...
    Yep.

A plug won't help you there.
    You don't need to earn my respect.
    I give it freely.
    Whether or not you keep it is entirely up to you.

Bridgestone T30 evos are excellent and amazing in the wet. I've put 3000 mile on a pair in the last year, there's probably about 1000 mile left in them so good enough wear as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LesRiskey View Post
    Yep.

A plug won't help you there.
    There's actually a plug in the slit in that pic. It's holding air, but I don't trust it enough to take it for a ride. New tire arrived yesterday. It'll probably be a week before I can get the rim over to the shop to have it mounted and balanced.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12