Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FH020AA Regulator Install

I remember seeing something similar when I was searching, but the RR I got (from a VFR I think) requires a different 2 pin connector for the +/-, so that still wouldn't have fitted.

I vaguely remember reading that the connectors just don't seem to be available, by which point I already had the RR.

I found this on our side of the pond:
    REGULATOR MOSFET FH020AA with Adapter Triumph Street Triple 675 2006-2012 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01I3YR6..._fKBfAb8KJMEGA

I'm sure this would have been more straightforward, but hopefully I won't be changing that again...
    2003 Futura, blue.
    Mods: metal fuel QD, FH020AA R/R, K&N, airbox mod, GPR exhausts, R&G, starter solenoid upgraded, FPR mod, top box rack, side stand, 05 map, fuel tank drains plugged, ignition coils and leads, Oxford heated grips.
    Previously: ZX6R 636, Firestorm VTR 1000, ZZR600, KR-1.

apriliaforum Member
    Quick question all,

Discovered that my 3 yellow wires had burnt the connectors into crisps, 1 wire was entirely flapping loose. I have temporarily sodered them together with heatshrink and have a mosfet (Rick's) on the way.
    Here's the question: Noticed that the engine is running super rich, 2, deep hesitation under acceleration, almost a stumble. Are these symptoms possibly related or is there another gremlin lurking?

Thanks
    Jerry.

What kind of shape are all of the hoses under the tank in?
    JD

'01 Futura

I installed that r/r and it's serving me well. Didn't use those fancy gold terminals though.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrodog View Post
    Quick question all,

Discovered that my 3 yellow wires had burnt the connectors into crisps, 1 wire was entirely flapping loose. I have temporarily sodered them together with heatshrink and have a mosfet (Rick's) on the way.
    Here's the question: Noticed that the engine is running super rich, 2, deep hesitation under acceleration, almost a stumble. Are these symptoms possibly related or is there another gremlin lurking?

Thanks
    Jerry.
    Check your coils.
    2001 RST Futura in stream Silver.
    Mods: Modified Öhlins fork from mille R, EBC brake discs, HEL front brakelines, Carbon RS 250 front fender, Wiring mod for charging. Engine related:05 map, Iridium plugs, tuneboy, derestriced intake, old mille airboot, staintunes exhaust. Lambda bung hardbrazed in the "breadbox". Öhlins mille R rear shock with 110N/mm spring and the integrated hydraulic preload adjuster. LED Voltmeter installed inside the dash for monitoring charging. Duc 999 radial m/c for brake and clutch. EBC 320mm brake discs
    NWS hugger. Equipment: Famsa tankbag,
    CBR 600 -07 MOSFET R&R FH008EE providing stable 14.4 - 14.5 V (with my wiring mod). Daytona heated grips with mccoi pwm controller and automatic chain oiler

apriliaforum Member
    Will Do.
    Also getting around 120 Miles on a tank. Bike is running super rich. Looks like a few layers of bugs. Will install a new RR this weekend.

Thanks. Jerry.

apriliaforum Member
    I imported one two/three years ago for my kwak from roadstercycle after my oem popped, its connected straight to the battery via a fused pos, charge is constant at 14.5/6 the rec/reg never gets warm as its in the rear fairing just behind the vent, I'll be fitting the series one to the RSV factory when I get it next week just hoping roadster does me the same deal with customs clearance as he did the F20A, they're a damn site better reg than all make oem other than yamaha as they fit these as standard now iirc.

apriliaforum Member
    Here's a link to a Ducati forum showing the FH020A conversion using an OEM Triumph connector/cable.

http://www.ducati.org/forums/how-tos...regulator.html

I did this on both my RSV Mille R and Futura. As noted, the cable assembly is about $10-12
    2000.5 RSV Mille R w/Ti shotgun exhaust, collector mod, Gabro F255 EPROM, Honda Mosfet R/R, Yamaha solenoid, Acculign rearsets, Oberon slave, Euro headlight switch, Harley shims

2003 RST-1000 Futura - In progress

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12