Thread: Immobiliser acting up?

Immobiliser acting up?

I went out on a bike training day today, but had an issue first thing this morning. I got the bike out and got ready and it wouldn't start. Actually, it would start but not run. Tried turning it off and back on again several times and got the same result. Eventually tried with the side stand up and it then fired up normally. No other indications on the dash no faults posted no warning lights. It just looked like the cut out system for the side stand was being too enthusiastic. Anybody else had this or something like it and can throw any light on the issue? The bike was fine for the rest of the day and had been on a battery minder while in the garage.
    2009 Mana GT ABS; Andreani fork cartridges with uprated springs; Dorsoduro hand guards and heated grips; 30mm handlebar risers; Digital tachograph: Modified woodcraft folding brake pedal; R&G frame sliders

Could the throttle cable be too tight? A bit of throttle on mine with the stand down and the engine dies.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

apriliaforum prov-nov Essexneil's Avatar
    I canít give you any practical help Andy, but Iím certain that you will work it out anyway and continue to enlighten the ones amongst us who donít know one end of a spanner from the other.
    And long may it continue thus.

Quote Originally Posted by TimLSR View Post
    Could the throttle cable be too tight? A bit of throttle on mine with the stand down and the engine dies.
    If anything my throttle cable is a bit loose. It's on my list of jobs to check.

It was a horrible drizzly day early on so I wonder if it was simply damp electrics. I also had a moment later in the day where it wouldn't change up automatically after clicking down a gear on the paddles. After I manually changed up it cleared and was OK again. So looks like I might have to go through the plugs and handlebar controls to check for water. Or possibly just make sure the dashboard plug is locked in fully. If I find anything I'll report back.
    2009 Mana GT ABS; Andreani fork cartridges with uprated springs; Dorsoduro hand guards and heated grips; 30mm handlebar risers; Digital tachograph: Modified woodcraft folding brake pedal; R&G frame sliders

Quote Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
    If anything my throttle cable is a bit loose. It's on my list of jobs to check.

It was a horrible drizzly day early on so I wonder if it was simply damp electrics. I also had a moment later in the day where it wouldn't change up automatically after clicking down a gear on the paddles. After I manually changed up it cleared and was OK again. So looks like I might have to go through the plugs and handlebar controls to check for water. Or possibly just make sure the dashboard plug is locked in fully. If I find anything I'll report back.
    electric & even more electronic, some times seems strange to us.

as mana controlled, at all, by electronics & sensors/switches would be at good(very good) conditions:

battery
    switches/sensors.

if battery has low voltage then the level of signals are not correct to change a state.

if something (corrosion/dirty/wear)prevent the switches to reach the "end", then we have wrong signal to cpu.

the not run symptoms, seems due to a non fully closed side stand.
    for the gear symptom check the pads (hand/foot) for wear or dirty. at last check the resistors array that provide current to all controls/switches.

Are the brake light switches working OK? If the light no workee? Bike no startee!
    Professional Goat Burster.

Thanks, everybody. Looks like time to get the multimeter out for a thorough check through.