Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilmberg belly pan - 17 Factory

Ilmberg belly pan - 17 Factory

(Oops: I meant "Ilmberger"...)

How's the fitment?

Looks like it adds some shrouding: Negative effect on cooling, especially at low speed?

Any recommended accessory stickers? Would hate to cover that glossy weave but this:

is so sexy. (Apologies to it's owner for nicking your pic...)

apriliaforum Junkie Dirk.diggler's Avatar
    The 17 Tuono has a different shaped collector to the 17 RF so i would make sure there are no fitting issues as these belly pans are mega expensive.
    I know the 17 RF bellypan on the 17 Tuono runs very close to the exhaust and i have had to remove a small amount of plastic on the inside of the bellypan where it started to melt off the heat..None of this can be sen when fitted but i wouldn't like damage to the carbon fibre. I know that pic is of a 16 Tuono, but again i that collector is different to the 17 MY.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    The Ilmberger parts are fantastic and clearly designed for the Tuono (not for the RSV4). I have ordered the complete set (tire huggers, side panels, chain guard and belly pan) for my 2017 Tuono Factory and am waiting for delivery. I talked to the owner of the company (it is a German company) and learned that the only part that might cause some slight fitment issues would be the bellypan one one side and that is related to the position of the evaporation canister. He assured me that he will swap the parts if there is any issue with fitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cembo View Post
    The Ilmberger parts are fantastic and clearly designed for the Tuono (not for the RSV4). I have ordered the complete set (tire huggers, side panels, chain guard and belly pan) for my 2017 Tuono Factory and am waiting for delivery. I talked to the owner of the company (it is a German company) and learned that the only part that might cause some slight fitment issues would be the bellypan one one side and that is related to the position of the evaporation canister. He assured me that he will swap the parts if there is any issue with fitment.
    same pan on rsv4

It's stunning on either bike.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    It's the same pan on both bikes and if I'm not mistaken even the same owner (who sold his Tuono and got the RSV4). Nonetheless that bellypan, including the mid-section that you only see on the Tuono picture above, was designed for the Tuono. It will fit the RSV without using that added piece.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Wow. That looks incredible.

apriliaforum newb
    I did have one of these on order for my '17 Tuono (since cancelled). Ilmberger advised that the current bellypan doesn't "100% fit" and they've had several returns as a result. I wasn't able to get any more detail about what exactly was causing fitment issues either. They did say they are developing new bellypans for the '17 models and hope to have them for next season.

It looks totally sick and will be my next mod. Expensive but so worth it I reckon- really cleans up the lines IMO.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    I did have one of these on order for my '17 Tuono (since cancelled). Ilmberger advised that the current bellypan doesn't "100% fit" and they've had several returns as a result. I wasn't able to get any more detail about what exactly was causing fitment issues either. They did say they are developing new bellypans for the '17 models and hope to have them for next season.
    I have one fitted on my 17 and fit is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by CAZCADW View Post
    I have one fitted on my 17 and fit is perfect.
    CAZCADW- can you share some detailed pics of it please? I am really keen to get one and would like some assurance it's a good fit. Also did you order it from Houston Superbikes or Imberger?
    Thanks

apriliaforum prov-nov
    https://youtu.be/QwKNNqcaPBc

Not the best video but it was 5 o clock in the morning, turn quality up to 1080

Quote Originally Posted by CAZCADW View Post
    https://youtu.be/QwKNNqcaPBc

Not the best video but it was 5 o clock in the morning, turn quality up to 1080
    Beautiful man-really finishes the bike off nicely. Decals next?

So did you get it from Ilmberger or from Houston Superbikess?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by krisd View Post
    Beautiful man-really finishes the bike off nicely. Decals next?

So did you get it from Ilmberger or from Houston Superbikess?
    Yes, I definitely want to get some decals but I'm not confident in my abilities to apply them professionally so I'll probably have AF1 do it. I got it from AF1 along with all the other accessories. It is crazy Lightweight! I took it off for the first time last night to try and mess with my starter motor that's been acting up and I was really impressed with how light that thing is.

So what's the story for oil & filter changes? Does the belly pan need to come off for that service or can things be reached from below?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast