Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alien Moto textile race suit

Interested in your findings.
    I’ve read that textile race suits feel like you are riding in your pajamas & that leathers offer some shock absorption in comparison to textiles.
    Given that Factory riders have the budget for the best, textiles have previously been tried and subsequently abandoned.
    Maybe changes in construction, armor and materials have changed.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by aftriathlete View Post
    Yeah it seems like the prices on the off-the-rack airbag suits have come down slightly, I think because the companies are offering a couple new offerings as far as tiers of options. Still pricy though, and for me not a great option as I havenít yet found a suit off the rack that fits me well. My dimensions are pretty extreme, so a size 44 US suit is always tight in my shoulders and thighs but will have 8Ē of extra waist size to deal with. And based on this last crash Iím glad Iíve gone with a custom fitted suit, of any brand, as I think my elbow especially took a blow it shouldnít have because the elbow cup didnít stay in place due to the suit not fitting me very well.
    have you ever had a suit altered? Off the rack suit sizes are based on common measurements. I was kind of between sizes of 44 and 46. I usually opted for the larger size suit and had it taken in at the fabric areas. Also I wear complete armor underneath my suit (back, rib, hips, and chest).
    Off the rack suits that have fit me best with no alteration is Taichi and Alpinestars. Im tempted to pull the trigger on a new Alpinestars airbag but kind of waiting to see what Taichi is going to bring.

I’m really keen to read any feedback on the Alien Moto suits, leather is a no-no for me.
    2003 RSV Mille R
    2010 RS125

apriliaforum expert aftriathlete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buckwheat View Post
    Interested in your findings.
    Iíve read that textile race suits feel like you are riding in your pajamas & that leathers offer some shock absorption in comparison to textiles.
    Given that Factory riders have the budget for the best, textiles have previously been tried and subsequently abandoned.
    Maybe changes in construction, armor and materials have changed.
    Iím interested in my findings too! 3 months now since I ordered the suit. Customer service has been less than amazing, but I am in touch with them which has been the hard part, theyíve been easy to work with when I can get in touch with them. It hasnít shipped yet, theyíre saying it will release from
    customs any day now, but Iíll still be using my old Arlen Ness suit at Chuck next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by turboblew View Post
    have you ever had a suit altered? Off the rack suit sizes are based on common measurements. I was kind of between sizes of 44 and 46. I usually opted for the larger size suit and had it taken in at the fabric areas. Also I wear complete armor underneath my suit (back, rib, hips, and chest).
    Off the rack suits that have fit me best with no alteration is Taichi and Alpinestars. Im tempted to pull the trigger on a new Alpinestars airbag but kind of waiting to see what Taichi is going to bring.
    Never did get my Arlen Ness altered, I donít have a good reason why. The 44 fits my shoulders but has about 8Ē extra in the waist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Someguy View Post
    Iím really keen to read any feedback on the Alien Moto suits, leather is a no-no for me.
    Iíll post up as soon as I get them and can try them out, but unfortunately it doesnít look like Iíll have the suit by next weekend, and I might not be on track again for about two months after next weekend. But Iíll still post up initial opinions.
    Last edited by aftriathlete; 01-13-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    Former: 2016 RSV4 RR Race Bike
    Current: 2007 GSXR1000

Still haven’t received my suit. I still intend to post up my thoughts on it if I ever receive it, but as for the buying experience it suffices to say that I am not satisfied.
    Last edited by aftriathlete; 01-27-2018 at 01:21 PM.

Still havenít received my suit. I still intend to post up my thoughts on it if I ever receive it, but as for the buying experience it suffices to say that I am not satisfied.
    Alien Moto is a Swedish company and I asked for opinions on the A51-RR suit on the largest Swedish sport bike forum in oktober -17 and got no answers (after bumping)...... I have not heard of anyone actually having a suit delivered yet. Sad really, a comfortable and safe race suit made from textiles sounds like such a good idea. In three months the season is on here and I can't wait for a "possible" delivery so I just decided to get a leather suit made to measure instead.
    Last edited by The Rider; 01-28-2018 at 03:30 AM.
    1100 Factory

apriliaforum expert
    Still havenít received my suit. I still intend to post up my thoughts on it if I ever receive it, but as for the buying experience it suffices to say that I am not satisfied.
    Did they ever give you shipment confirmation and some sort of tracking info?? That is definitely way too long of a wait.

apriliaforum expert MamboItaliono's Avatar
    Yikes

Open kimono now guys as I am trying to just get my money back and cut ties with Alien Moto. After 10 weeks of being strung along with "the checks in the mail" kinds of promises, I filed a PayPal dispute back in December. They had 20 days to respond to that before it automatically closes if I don't escalate it to a claim, but in that time window they responded to the PayPal dispute with FedEx tracking information showing that the shipping label had been created and it just was awaiting pickup now. Well that was 15 days ago, and the FedEx tracking number they provided still says the exact same status. And the PayPal dispute automatically closed and cannot be reopened (I confirmed that with a representative today.) Now my only recourse is to file a dispute on the purchase with my bank, USAA, which I am in the process of doing today, but frankly I'm starting to not be very optimistic about that either as I've called them twice already today and the form they were supposed to send me on two separate occasions this afternoon they still haven't sent me.

So at this point, I believe Alien Moto deliberately lied to PayPal and to me by providing falsified tracking info for the sole purpose of avoiding my escalating the PayPal dispute to a claim. I emailed them middle of last week to ask the status of the shipping, and they did not respond. All I can hope for now is that USAA can come through and get me my money back.

Do not buy from Alien Moto. I don't know any of them personally, but this is bad business, and frankly this whole experience has been poor from the outset with weeks passing between my emails before I would get a cryptic reply that would not answer my questions. I was always cordial with them right up until I filed a PayPal dispute, and even then I stated in the dispute that I would still be happy to receive the suit, knowing that this was at best going to put a suit in my hands that they would no longer be interested in supporting with alterations and repairs like they originally promised me as a "sponsored rider" they would.

I've done a few google searches on separate occasions and can't find a single person who has actually reported online in any forum that they've had a suit delivered. So I don't know if this company is just a straight-up scam or not, but from my foxhole it sure seems that way.

apriliaforum expert MamboItaliono's Avatar
    Sounds like that scam helmet Skully - some people say in the beginning they meant to actually deliver, but I never felt like they did

Damn, sorry to hear about your issues.

It still amazes me people go with these new companies with absolutely no reputation over established companies.

Just to name a few places that do custom suits....
    Bates
    Barnacle Bill's
    NJK
    Pilot

I hope you get your money back.
    Mark~
    2010 - RSV4 - Street
    2016 - Multistrada - Street
    2004 - GSX-R 750 - Track

apriliaforum expert
    Did you use a CC through Paypal by chance? I ALWAYS use a credit card. Very easy to get it charged back, especially with a tracking number that shows it never shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by MamboItaliono View Post
    Sounds like that scam helmet Skully - some people say in the beginning they meant to actually deliver, but I never felt like they did
    Yeah that’s an appropriate analogy I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eppy View Post
    Damn, sorry to hear about your issues.

It still amazes me people go with these new companies with absolutely no reputation over established companies.

Just to name a few places that do custom suits....
    Bates
    Barnacle Bill's
    NJK
    Pilot

I hope you get your money back.
    I’m definitely regretting my decision. I based it on the magazine articles and EICMA publicity the company got and assumed they were a legit company. But this has been as much of a nightmare as getting scammed for $900 can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    Did you use a CC through Paypal by chance? I ALWAYS use a credit card. Very easy to get it charged back, especially with a tracking number that shows it never shipped.
    No, I paid via ACH so my checking account via PayPal. Big lesson learned on that one, I think the process I’m going through now with USAA would have been easier if it would have been a credit card or even debit card disputes and not a ACH payment dispute. I don’t have a lot of hope on the USAA front right now as they said there’s not much they can do for a purchase more than 90 days old, but they said just this afternoon that it’s not a lost cause yet and they will do some research and get back to me. Regardless, I intend to propagate my experience with this company across every motorcycle forum and page that I’m a part of to hopefully save someone else the trouble.

apriliaforum expert
    No, I paid via ACH so my checking account via PayPal.
    Yea, ACH makes it much harder to recover the funds. If the recipient already moved the funds out of their bank account, it becomes very difficult to recover.

Yeah that’s an appropriate analogy I think.

I’m definitely regretting my decision. I based it on the magazine articles and EICMA publicity the company got and assumed they were a legit company. But this has been as much of a nightmare as getting scammed for $900 can be.

No, I paid via ACH so my checking account via PayPal. Big lesson learned on that one, I think the process I’m going through now with USAA would have been easier if it would have been a credit card or even debit card disputes and not a ACH payment dispute. I don’t have a lot of hope on the USAA front right now as they said there’s not much they can do for a purchase more than 90 days old, but they said just this afternoon that it’s not a lost cause yet and they will do some research and get back to me. Regardless, I intend to propagate my experience with this company across every motorcycle forum and page that I’m a part of to hopefully save someone else the trouble.
    I was also had... Reading an article in MCN and seeing that they were going to be at EICMA I thought they were for real. I was saved by the lack of response from other riders when asking for their opinion of the suit. Really sorry to hear abort your difficulties retrieving your money....
    Last edited by The Rider; 01-31-2018 at 06:05 AM.
    1100 Factory

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast