Thread: RSV4 '17 vs F4RR

apriliaforum newb

RSV4 '17 vs F4RR

As per the title, I wonder if anybody had the opportunity at least to test ride the F4RR and can speak up about the value/feeling compared with the RSV4.
    Apart from the price tag and the vibe, could the MV really be worth it?

Thank you!

apriliaforum Junkie
    Nice looking thing, there are a couple around here for quite a reasonable price but... Little or no support for parts or warranty. One dealer here gave the brand away when he couldn't service the things and the dealer that took over doesn't have a great reputation for looking after customers so...

I think a risky purchase, but that might depend on where you live.

Cheers

I've a mate that owns a mv dealership and has a rr as his bike he had had a folt on it for 11 months where it would go in to limp mode he changed everything it ended up being the wireing loom now the sump has cracked where the side stand fits the problems he had with mv over warranty and sending wrong parts then charging him then putting him on stop till he payed so he can't get parts for other jobs if a dealer can't get what he needs for his bike when he has the right e mails and phone numbers what chance have you but this is in the uk where we have lots of dealers you live in Texas how far is af1 both bikes are stunning and fast

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by haga lout View Post
    I've a mate that owns a mv dealership and has a rr as his bike he had had a folt on it for 11 months where it would go in to limp mode he changed everything it ended up being the wireing loom now the sump has cracked where the side stand fits the problems he had with mv over warranty and sending wrong parts then charging him then putting him on stop till he payed so he can't get parts for other jobs if a dealer can't get what he needs for his bike when he has the right e mails and phone numbers what chance have you but this is in the uk where we have lots of dealers you live in Texas how far is af1 both bikes are stunning and fast
    Thanks for the feedback. Yep, I've both Aprilia and MV dealers nearby, but I understand your friend's issues are more related with the factory's behavior in regard of the warranty itself.

Quote Originally Posted by We_R1 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Yep, I've both Aprilia and MV dealers nearby, but I understand your friend's issues are more related with the factory's behavior in regard of the warranty itself.
    Yes but if the factory messes the dealer about you get messed about shit rolls down hill I think mv are the same as all Italian factory's when the start to grow to fast aprilia had it in about 2004 they eather get through it and it's sorted or go dark for a few years then pop up again

apriliaforum newb
    Yes but if the factory messes the dealer about you get messed about shit rolls down hill I think mv are the same as all Italian factory's when the start to grow to fast aprilia had it in about 2004 they eather get through it and it's sorted or go dark for a few years then pop up again
    You don't really sound as an Italian manufacturer lover here , not sure if you're still an owner of one of them. You could be right on certain points: lack of large dealer support or quality sometimes are not in favor of those brand when compared to Jap.
    A friend of mine, who rides a British, tells me all the time the lack of 'soul' of my R1 when compared to Italian/British.... point of views I think.

You don't really sound as an Italian manufacturer lover here , not sure if you're still an owner of one of them. You could be right on certain points: lack of large dealer support or quality sometimes are not in favor of those brand when compared to Jap.
    A friend of mine, who rides a British, tells me all the time the lack of 'soul' of my R1 when compared to Italian/British.... point of views I think.
    Yes still have a few Italian bikes
    2x caponord etv1000 one with a tuned motor
    2x Milie ( haga rep) and a sp
    Laverda jota
    Ducati 900ss and 600 panta
    Bimota sb8rr
    Mv f3 (track bike )
    Think that's it for my Italian 1 British ( got it off my dad ) and about 12 jap bikes plus about 4 bike prodjets

apriliaforum newb
    Yes still have a few Italian bikes
    2x caponord etv1000 one with a tuned motor
    2x Milie ( haga rep) and a sp
    Laverda jota
    Ducati 900ss and 600 panta
    Bimota sb8rr
    Mv f3 (track bike )
    Think that's it for my Italian 1 British ( got it off my dad ) and about 12 jap bikes plus about 4 bike prodjets
    hahaha...and I'm struggling with the thought to have a second bike for a while until I sell the first...

hahaha...and I'm struggling with the thought to have a second bike for a while until I sell the first...
    The ex wife conplaned when I'd 4 bikes and my dad let me have one of his and that's why she is the ex

apriliaforum Junkie
    To the OP, this is the point, the dealer can't get bits out of the factory, it isn't necessarily the dealer's fault.

Cheers

apriliaforum Junkie
    Whew, ran out of breath reading that.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmik de Bris View Post
    Whew, ran out of breath reading that.

Cheers
    Yeah, that was one lonnnggg sentence.