Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ECU tuning, Looking for information

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hi,

a complete XDF is now available: https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...a-complete-XDF

Cheers
    Meinolf

apriliaforum newb
    I admire your work.
    Could you help me with same problem with same bike.

I record ECU of bike now and bike doesn't work. I've used another tools than you described.
    Could you share your files, which you have read from ECU? I suspect that my ECU file is damaged then i was reading it.

Thank you very much.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hi,

sure, I'll send the latest BIN via email. Send me your email address via PM.

Which SW did you use? Tuneecu?

My recommendation is to use the tools (GuzziDiag/Writer/Reader) from Beard. I've literally read and written thousands of BINs, never a problem.

Cheers
    Meinolf

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinolf View Post
    Hi,

sure, I'll send the latest BIN via email. Send me your email address via PM.

Which SW did you use? Tuneecu?

My recommendation is to use the tools (GuzziDiag/Writer/Reader) from Beard. I've literally read and written thousands of BINs, never a problem.

Cheers
    Meinolf
    I've used tools from Dimsport company. I have official support from them and they try to help me now without successful.
    I can read ECU in boot mode only now.

I can't send PM to you, i think it's option disabled for me now.
    Please use the email alwed@mail.ru for sending BIN.

Thank you.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hi,

Hi,
    recently I had two inquiries from Poland and Slovakia, asking I could help them with finding the closed loop (=Lambda) flags in the BINs of Aprilia SRV850 and Aprilia GP850 scooters. Both are using 5AM ECUs. I did take the time to dig into the BINs and could indeed find the flags. And the rest of the tables and scalars.

I've no connection with Aprilia Scooters at all, but it seems a shame to let this knowledge go to waste. So, I'm mentioning it here for lack of a better place.

I've written complete XDFs for the the SRV850 and GP 850. Though it doesn't fit into this forum, for lack of a better place to bring it to the attention of those who might need them, here are the links. If anybody knows of a forum more suitable, please post the links there.

The files are kindly hosted by Beard.

https://www.von-der-salierburg.de/do...P850_V1.00.zip

https://www.von-der-salierburg.de/do...V850_V1.00.zip

Cheers
    Meinolf

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hi Alwed,

the BIN is sent. The tools can be downloaded here: https://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Cheers
    Meinolf

apriliaforum newb
    Hi Alwed,

the BIN is sent. The tools can be downloaded here: https://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Cheers
    Meinolf

Everythingsolved the problem!
    The bike starts and works!

Thank!

apriliaforum newb
    Hi Meinolf,
    Im very impressed with your good work.

I have used your XDF for your Mana to open my bin file from my Dorsoduro (5dm), although I dont plan on changing much, I dont think the numbers look quite right, what would your thoughts be?
    Also, if I wanted to cut the link between ecu and speedo would you know which address I needed to switch off? I have read elsewhere 4cc38?

apriliaforum expert
    The addresses move around between map versions, never mind ECU models (which may or may not share chipsets). Does much line up at all?
    There's a .pdf in another thread with addresses for various tables and such in the Dorso map that I've found to be reliable for late maps in my Shiver.

https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...=1#post4384923

It doesn't seem to cover code or flags, though. A 4xxxx address would point to the first "half" of the .bin, which looks mostly like code (I still haven't been able to decipher which instruction set it is, need more practice). The actual bulk of the map data doesn't seem to appear until around 0x7FF60 ish, the version "number" is stored as plain text nearby.

I would be very cautious about the potential for twiddling the wrong bits, which if unlucky will prevent the ECU from getting itself into a state where it can be written to via normal methods - the fabled "brick" state.
    2009 Shiver (White) | UK

apriliaforum newb
    Yes, I agree with the twiddling, last thing I want is to kill the ecu.
    But its all very interesting trying to understand whats going on, maybe eventually!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafox1 View Post
    I have used your XDF for your Mana to open my bin file from my Dorsoduro (5dm), although I dont plan on changing much, I dont think the numbers look quite right, what would your thoughts be?
    this is not going to work at all. The XDFs are specific to a bike and an ECU. I've never looked at the code of a 5DM. If you have complete BIN (not encrypted) and know the CPU used in the ECU then send me the info and I might take a look at it come winter.
    Edit: A quick search indicates that the 5DM uses the ST10F296. Can you confirm? This would increase the likelihood that the known subs from 5AM ECUs can be found in the code, which would ease reverse engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafox1 View Post
    Also, if I wanted to cut the link between ecu and speedo would you know which address I needed to switch off? I have read elsewhere 4cc38?
    See above

Cheers
    Meinolf

apriliaforum newb
    Hi Mc Loone54,
    I'm Federico. Is your TCU still available ?
    Thanks,
    best regards
    Federico

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345