Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Motoxpricambi Race Fairings - Pics Thread

I'm ordering from Moto Xp Ricambi too, economical painting with a little bit customized stickers. Really curious how it will work out.
    I see from pics above the stuff looks great, at least paint / color wise

I guess I'm going a little bit cheaper, with a prototype look but some stickers.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by v01d View Post
    I'm ordering from Moto Xp Ricambi too, economical painting with a little bit customized stickers. Really curious how it will work out.
    I see from pics above the stuff looks great, at least paint / color wise

I guess I'm going a little bit cheaper, with a prototype look but some stickers.
    If you did the Econo painting it will be decent but it won't be close to OEM quality.

I chose the Elite painting and it is CRAZY good. It is much better than the factory paint job for sure. I can only imagine what the highest "OEM" that they offer would be like.

--Randy
    2011 RSV4 FACTORY SE
    2003 CBR600RR - TRACK BIKE

apriliaforum newb
    Does anyone have an "exhaust rubbing the bellypan" issue? I have a SC Project CRT exhaust and where the slipon meets the mid pipe there's contact between the pipes and the fairings which concerns me. Should I get cutting?

Also, not great photos but I guess I'll contribute as well. I'm a sucker for matte black. Helps that it's so much more affordable that I can buy spare set!

apriliaforum expert
    I do believe we had to slightly trim around that area... it worked ok with stock and my Akra (at the time).

--Randy
    2011 RSV4 FACTORY SE

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by ranman03 View Post
    If you did the Econo painting it will be decent but it won't be close to OEM quality.

I chose the Elite painting and it is CRAZY good. It is much better than the factory paint job for sure. I can only imagine what the highest "OEM" that they offer would be like.

--Randy
    When you say decent for the econo paint, is it just a dull finish compared to the elite painting?

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by v10rider View Post
    When you say decent for the econo paint, is it just a dull finish compared to the elite painting?
    No it is still quite shiny but it is a much faster process for them. They do not pay as much attention to detail and try to ship Econo fairings out much quicker. They look perfect from 4 feet away but up close you can see the small imperfections... mainly just small dust particles.

When you do the Elite or Original paint they REALLY take their time and make sure the paint and clear coat is perfect.

The fluro paint they use is also outstanding. When people see my bike in person it really looks like it came from the factory that way. The paint perfect and I only did the Elite...

--Randy
    2011 RSV4 FACTORY SE

apriliaforum Member fitchsoccer342's Avatar
    I've got the RFW Misano bodywork.. love it but the lower drags a bit on the track sometimes, tried adjusting it higher a bit but didn't make a difference. Otherwise, top quality.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by fitchsoccer342 View Post
    I've got the RFW Misano bodywork.. love it but the lower drags a bit on the track sometimes, tried adjusting it higher a bit but didn't make a difference. Otherwise, top quality.

How's the suspension set up? Tighten' her up some, prevent the 'squatting'.?

Funny, the Motoxpricambi fairings on my buddy's RF drag in exactly the same place. At least they're consistent. I've put 4 sets of theirs on to different bikes, all great with very good finish, and all in the "economical" paint option.

apriliaforum expert aftriathlete's Avatar
    Mine drag in the same exact spot. And my bike is pretty tall, setup-wise.
    Former: 2016 RSV4 RR Race Bike
    Current: 2007 GSXR1000

My stock bodywork drags in the same spot at the right tracks......
    I find tinsel very distracting.

apriliaforum expert Turbinepilot2's Avatar

You might need to adjust it a little bit more. I mounted mine a tad higher and almost covers the screws on the engine case. But I also have my shock set up a little higher in the rear. But Haven’t dragged mine yet though I know I could lean a tad more.

it's not the bodywork itself that makes it(self) drag - its the suspension setup that causing the bodywork to drag.
    I'm not gonna tell anyone how to, or how they should have their bike setup, but I bet once you go through the process of working with an expert - you won't drag anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurk700 View Post
    Does anyone have an "exhaust rubbing the bellypan" issue? I have a SC Project CRT exhaust and where the slipon meets the mid pipe there's contact between the pipes and the fairings which concerns me. Should I get cutting?

Also, not great photos but I guess I'll contribute as well. I'm a sucker for matte black. Helps that it's so much more affordable that I can buy spare set!
    These fairings look identical to Pro Fiber ones, and I had the same problem with my exhaust - slip on and then Akra full system. I'd trim them so they don't touch. Not a big deal.
    WMRRA #98
    2013 KTM 990 SMT (street)
    2009 Yamaha R6 (race)

apriliaforum expert aftriathlete's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
    it's not the bodywork itself that makes it(self) drag - its the suspension setup that causing the bodywork to drag.
    I'm not gonna tell anyone how to, or how they should have their bike setup, but I bet once you go through the process of working with an expert - you won't drag anymore.
    Mine is set up professionally. I think it’s just a fairly common problem with these bikes, especially with the positioning of the exhaust flapper valve hinge it makes the bodywork in that exact spot on the right side (I’ve only drug that spot on the right) really susceptible to dragging. My bike is tall too — Ohlins TTX with an extended ride height adjuster clevis to get more shock length, and spacers removed from Nix30 cartridges for more fork length.
    Former: 2016 RSV4 RR Race Bike
    Current: 2007 GSXR1000

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast