Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Multimedia Platform

Multimedia Platform

I have the PMP module on my bike, I have succesfully paired my iphone and my bt speaker/mike.
    I have, by myself - because I failed to find any detailed user manual for these functions - learned how to reply, end or refuse an incoming call, but I am cluelessly trying to figure out how to make a call using the buttons and switches on the bike.
    Does the multimedia button un the left handle has any other function apart from pairing?.

Beside this, I tried the trip function of the app the last time i went for a ride and it registered a max speed og 6.2 km/h while I have the clesr memory of having done a tad more than that.... tried to uninstall and reistall thee app and repair everithyng, will chec it again next weekend.

Does anybody know if there is a "real" user manual for this thing other than the joke included with the app?

If someone is interested, I found what I was looking for inthe AF1 website

http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scrip...dproduct=87238

incredible resource!

apriliaforum newb
    Brilliant! Thanks..

apriliaforum newb
    I've just been reading, V4-MP is amazing!

apriliaforum newb
    Hi All, Just installed the PMP on my 2017 Tuono and have linked it. Question how do you change the Speed indicator from KM/H to MPH.

Thanking all in advance.

apriliaforum newb
    I'm picking up my '17 Tuono Factory later this week. I'm interested in the V4-MP but don't quite have enough data on it. I was able to see a demo of the telemetry features that the V4-MP provides. That looks great. However, I'm also interested in the "media" aspect of the device. The manual linked above seems to show some screen shots of phone calls, and the currently playing song.

Can someone confirm that the V4-MP:
    1) Shows caller ID information from the phone when the phone rings?
    2) Allows you to accept/reject a call from the buttons on the handle bar?
    3) Shows the currently playing song?
    4) Allows you to move forward/backwards through a music playlist?
    5) Allows you to choose a playlist from the phone?

Is the V4-MP easily installed by me in the garage, or does this need to be installed and maybe initialized by the dealer? I see the telemetry box has a single connector on it, so the physical connection can't be too hard, but maybe gaining access to that plug is labor intensive? The PDF version of the installation that's online was not legible to me.

Thanks,
    Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Helitronix View Post
    I'm picking up my '17 Tuono Factory later this week. I'm interested in the V4-MP but don't quite have enough data on it. I was able to see a demo of the telemetry features that the V4-MP provides. That looks great. However, I'm also interested in the "media" aspect of the device. The manual linked above seems to show some screen shots of phone calls, and the currently playing song.

Can someone confirm that the V4-MP:
    1) Shows caller ID information from the phone when the phone rings?
    2) Allows you to accept/reject a call from the buttons on the handle bar?
    3) Shows the currently playing song?

Is the V4-MP easily installed by me in the garage, or does this need to be installed and maybe initialized by the dealer? I see the telemetry box has a single connector on it, so the physical connection can't be too hard, but maybe gaining access to that plug is labor intensive? The PDF version of the installation that's online was not legible to me.

Thanks,
    Joel
    Very easy to install, you can do it in your garage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Cc3ehQnk4&t=66s

apriliaforum Junkie
    I remember, it was discussed somewhere, but can't find the topic. What is the difference between PMP and AMP for 2017 models?

EDIT:
    Watched the video above, and it seems that PMP and AMP for 2017 are the same units. And, BTW, the guy on the video installed AMP totally wrong! There is a dedicated place for the unit on a bike, but you need to take off a gas tank.
    Last edited by ZR1000A1; 12-04-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZR1000A1 View Post
    I remember, it was discussed somewhere, but can't find the topic. What is the difference between PMP and AMP for 2017 models?

EDIT:
    Watched the video above, and it seems that PMP and AMP for 2017 are the same units. And, BTW, the guy on the video installed AMP totally wrong! There is a dedicated place for the unit on a bike, but you need to take off a gas tank.
    there is but why go through the trouble of taking the gas tank off when it fits in that spot perfectly, I never had an issue with it mounted there.

apriliaforum newb
    Maser,

Thanks for the video link for the install. That looks quite straight forward. Certainly easy enough to do in my garage.

Could you comment on the features? I saw some clear pictures finally that answered my questions 1-3 affirmatively. What about

Thanks,
    Joel

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Maser View Post
    there is but why go through the trouble of taking the gas tank off when it fits in that spot perfectly, I never had an issue with it mounted there.
    I just prefer things done right

I'm also interested to know how this works in real life. I would love to be able to pair my phone and Sena headset to the bike so I can see the song info on the bike's display as well as Caller ID info when someone is calling.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Q: How do you update AMP 2.0 module ECU to the latest software V_250? Should it be connected to a bike first (and then bike to PADS), or you can plug the module directly to PADS and perform an update (no bike's required)? I know, that AF1 provides "Mail-in Multimedia ECU 2.0 UPDATE", but it's not clear if they attach the module to a bike in order to update AMP ECU.
    I ordered AMP from my local dealer and would like them to check / update the firmware. I just want to make sure that it can be done without my bike, because I'm not going to ride till next spring
    Last edited by ZR1000A1; 12-05-2017 at 12:42 PM.

2017 Tuono Factory

Just added the Multimedia Platform 2.0 606522M and from iphone i have connected/paired BT which has lit up the dash phone icon.

I have downloaded the V4-MP iphone app opened up and select tuono 2017 factory, then select "settings" to add/configure/assign devices to features - phone, music etc and the app just crashes ??

Anybody had similar issues ??

I'm running ios 9.3.2

apriliaforum newb
    I ordered the multimedia module. I'll report back with the answers to my questions once I have it installed. The dealer thought they'd have the module by December 18th, but I don't know how accurate that is.

Joel

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast