Thread: Stefano's Carbon double velocity stacks

apriliaforum Member
    20 Harwood Place Kingsworthy winchester Hants SO237PS

Stefano's Carbon double velocity stacks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0254.JPG 
Views:	478 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	336908Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0253.JPG 
Views:	623 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	336909
    These carbon velocity stacks are awesome, the power has become linear and low down torque is massive.
    Made by Stefano in Italy, I couldn't believe how they worked. About a year ago I fitted Tuono oem ones to my Mele factory 2005 and lost my top end and looking the height of these I thought the same would happen, but no they are amazing, it pulls so hard.
    I am running a Pcv with Autotune 300 and an open Airbox and the flapper valve has been removed from snorkel and all filled and smoothed out. The induction noise has even changed, it's loud. I am extremely pleased with them, it's changed the character of the bike torque wise.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170706_122435.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	336910

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

apriliaforum prov-nov
    How does one go about getting them in the US?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apriliaforum Member
    Hi Friday24, I have sent you a pm with Stefano's email address. Send him an email, he's a very helpful gentleman.
    Let me know if you don't receive it and I will resend.
    Richard

Empirical information is always great. Thanks for posting; I've wondered if anyone actually dyno'd a difference.

Was the open airbox and flapper removal done at the same time, or it had been done previously?

Thanks,

John
    2008 RSV 1000 R, platinum/charcoal/red
    Akrapovic full system, NERA top triple clamp, Aprilia accessory rear sets, AF1 Ti bolt kit, etc. etc...

2008 Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport, black... and stock for now

2007 Ducati GT 1000, red
    Showa forks, Sachs shocks, Termignoni kit, lots more

apriliaforum Member
    Hi John, I had removed the flapper and had a open Airbox already.
    I bought some oem Tuono stacks from Smalmoto but they compromised my top end.
    But these are excellent, how Stefano managed to do it I don't know and it's his secret. I am running 15/40 gearing with a 200 tyre which makes it probably near oem, it was what a twin supposed to be, huge torque and great drive low down. What's the point of gearing it short and it reving high.
    All I can say the chart is what it feels like linear.
    Onother favourite mod which compliments the others and makes them work even better.
    I don't think the flapper probably makes much difference, but the noise is brutal, nearly as loud as the Akros 😂

apriliaforum Junkie
    I'm interested in these too.....if I can get the e-mail addy please?
    Shane
    My current ride: 2004 RSV1000R Factory, DNA air filter, Arrow pipes, tail tidy, Aprilia alloy muffler brackets, Aprilia Performance open airbox conversion, Carbon fibre dual velocity stacks, Bazzaz Zfi & Afm, EVO1 adjustable/foldable levers. My wife's: 2002 MV Agusta F4 750S Diamante.
    Previous:
    2006 GSX-R1000 Full yoshimura exhaust, Galfer discs and lines, Pazzo levers, Factory Pro intakes, BMC filter, Yoshimura case savers, Vortex rearsets, Toby adjustable steering damper, Yoshimura bar end sliders.
    2004 GSX-R1000,1999 GSX-R750 SRAD full Arrow race system,1998 TL1000R Two Brothers pipes, 1993 ZXR 750,1998 TZ250U,1990 TZR250,1990 KR1S 250,1986 XR250 340 big bore kit,1991 KX250, 1993 KX125,1991 YZ250, TS250X RH,1974 CR250M Elsinore

apriliaforum newb Oost-RSV1000R's Avatar
    Also interested in a set. Thanks!

apriliaforum Member
    Here Shane,
    Stepesenti@libero.it
    I am sure that is correct any problems get back to us but that is what it says on the header of his emails.
    You won't have any worries mapping them with your kit.
    I thought you weren't doing no more upgrades Shane, I really hope you don't sell the bike, you can't stop riding after all the racing mate. I hope you retain some bike, good luck with the house move. Why don't you all put an order in together and get some discount, Stefano won't be able to combine the shipping but a discount for a collective order be something. Also you will have to make up some temporary dowels to put in place of the oem stacks to hold the two O rings back in place underneath the airbox between the throttle bodies.
    I managed without never again, I nearly lost it, I couldn't even use the old one because they interfered with the bolts and nyloc nuts blanking the holes for the originals. You will have blank these of to stop unfiltered air getting into the airbox. Name:  20170509_193926.jpg
Views: 1830
Size:  57.5 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0255.JPG 
Views:	269 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	336962Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0253.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	336963
    This gives you an idea, because the stacks bolt in afterwards, you need to keep the O rings in place so some temporary dowels would be ideal. When you bolted the airbox down you can remove the dowels and fit the stacks and the O rings will remain in place. I hope that makes sense and is of some help, also I don't want you to struggle like me.

apriliaforum prov-nov stepesenti's Avatar
    Hello guys,
    I am Stefano from italy.
    I'm the producer of velocity stacks
    For any question i am at your disposal
    I'm sorry for my English unfortunately using google translate
    made by stefano from italy+=

apriliaforum Member
    Hi John, that Dyno chart is Stefano's, I have never been to a Dyno as I don't have no need due to mine having been fitted with a Pcv and Autotune 300 with two wideband sensors mapping each Clynders individually.
    You don't need a Dyno chart to know the difference as it is stark.
    I guess it would be nice to know and compare, but I am more than happy so it would be a waste of money.
    Normally there would a a dip in the torque, but that chart 📈 is a true and feel like a turbine. I thought I was riding an automatic in the top gears.
    The most impressive thing is the way pulls from nowhere and from then on it's so linear.
    And with the gearing that I am running and the 200 tyre which makes it near oem and it's so easy to ride even in town.
    It also picks up so cleanly and dispatches gears quickly, hit the limiter a few times, felt like a two stroke in the upper rev range. Unbelievable with a big 😁

apriliaforum prov-nov stepesenti's Avatar
    Great virgil
    You have explained the result very well.
    Reading your post I had the impression of driving your bike
    made by stefano from italy+=

apriliaforum Member
    It's the best I could to explain the experience.
    Sorry to ruin your best kept secret, it is so good I think you should share it.
    I can't wait to see what the stack perform like on the 1103 tapmyhead's build, which should be running in a few weeks.
    He's well excited and we will keep you informed.
    Well lads the man himself Stefano is here now to answer your questions.
    I am going out riding and listen to that dirty induction noise 😊

For those that don't know, Stephano has a thread here somewhere about his velocity stacks. I've read it with great interest, but have been so busy the last couple of years I haven't been riding much.

Vergil, very nice to share with this thread, thanks for that.

If you have a set on hand Stephano, please PM me payment details. I'm currently sometimes a day away from my PC, but I'll get back with you with payment.

This is neat. I'm excited!

Thanks all,

John
    2008 RSV 1000 R, platinum/charcoal/red
    Akrapovic full system, NERA top triple clamp, Aprilia accessory rear sets, AF1 Ti bolt kit, etc. etc...

2008 Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport, black... and stock for now

2007 Ducati GT 1000, red
    Showa forks, Sachs shocks, Termignoni kit, lots more

apriliaforum Junkie
    Hi Vergil,
    Thanks for your advice, I'll see how I go. I am hoping to get these...but it will depend on money. We are moving in two weeks....so it's hectic.
    I'll be keeping the RSV. It is my long term project. I may get some selected upgrades....but they will be very select and not for a little while. But, it will be my keeper, and as such I have time to decide and select my mods. I won't be adding any flashy tat, it'll be done as a race bike of the period, which it is. On my list: Brembo discs, maybe some rear sets....maybe, but I want to keep the std shifter as I like it, some levers and carbon chain guide, that'll be pretty much it.
    Shane
    My current ride: 2004 RSV1000R Factory, DNA air filter, Arrow pipes, tail tidy, Aprilia alloy muffler brackets, Aprilia Performance open airbox conversion, Carbon fibre dual velocity stacks, Bazzaz Zfi & Afm, EVO1 adjustable/foldable levers. My wife's: 2002 MV Agusta F4 750S Diamante.
    Previous:
    2006 GSX-R1000 Full yoshimura exhaust, Galfer discs and lines, Pazzo levers, Factory Pro intakes, BMC filter, Yoshimura case savers, Vortex rearsets, Toby adjustable steering damper, Yoshimura bar end sliders.
    2004 GSX-R1000,1999 GSX-R750 SRAD full Arrow race system,1998 TL1000R Two Brothers pipes, 1993 ZXR 750,1998 TZ250U,1990 TZR250,1990 KR1S 250,1986 XR250 340 big bore kit,1991 KX250, 1993 KX125,1991 YZ250, TS250X RH,1974 CR250M Elsinore

apriliaforum Member
    Shane I am pleased you are going to keep the bike, it's always a nice distraction.
    I am with you on the tat stuff, mine is more purposeful than pretty and more like a race bike.
    If you do get these stacks, you won't be disappointed, I still can't understand why the top end isn't compromised with the height of them.
    The Brisk plugs that I run also make the revs climb quick, although people say it's snake oil, I think not. I have tested them back to back with Ngk iridium and there was a difference, it also idles better.
    I hope the move goes well and it has big garage /workshop.
    All the best, Richard.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast