Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bats Derbi Nude

Spent a little more time on prepping Newd for the upcoming 2 Stroke Extravaganza show! Finished the rear light setup with some N.O.S. smoked signals that I picked up from S.F. Moto a while back on closeout!

With the rear lighting sorted it was time to start the front. Not sure if this is a D.O.T. thing or if they all come like this, but the extended signal lights in the front look awful. Luckily they are already smoked and will match the new rears nicely one the extender is removed.

Here is how it looks removed from the fairing

Just a little dead weight to remove!

Not only looks better, but shaved half a pound of weight off the front!

Next up, the headlights...........
    Jenius Biker Blog

Current: RS250³,Newd, TT, Max, Nastro, Bangkok, 85 ADV

Past:Versys, Typhoon, NCXD, RC390², Madass, PW50, KTM BR 65, Aprilia BR50, Aprilia RS125², DRD, WR250X, Derbi SM⁷, Aprilia RS50¹⁰, Derbi GPR³, Aprilia RS250², Mito², NSR50², NS50, HRC RS125, HRC RS80, YSR63 (1st 2stroke!), FZ600, KLR250(1st Bike!)

I Need Parts!

We ordered up some new tires for Newd when treats had their annual Memorial day sale since it was still on its originals. With Ari up in SF after riding his Harley here, we decided to take the wheels with us to CN racing to put on the new shoes.

New and old gettn all soft and warm in the sun.

New MC50's mounted up on the wheels with old tires in the background.

Test ride and mounted on the bike pics coming soon!
    Jenius Biker Blog

Past:Versys, Typhoon, NCXD, RC390², Madass, PW50, KTM BR 65, Aprilia BR50, Aprilia RS125², DRD, WR250X, Derbi SM⁷, Aprilia RS50¹⁰, Derbi GPR³, Aprilia RS250², Mito², NSR50², NS50, HRC RS125, HRC RS80, YSR63 (1st 2stroke!), FZ600, KLR250(1st Bike!)

I Need Parts!

Ari helped me with the pit crew wheel change on Newd while he was here, but I didn't get a chance to start wearing in the new shoes until now. They are looking real nice, but I'm starting to feel like Newd needs a kit!

Jenius Biker Blog

I Need Parts!

With the original battery finally giving up the ghost on Newd it was time for an upgrade. I wanted to go with the lightweight Lion battery, but didn’t want to shell out $120 for one. A quick search on the interwebs resulted in finding a $55 option which I ordered and installed.

The original Battery

New AMZN Lion battery

Significantly lighter and fits perfectly in the original location

Bike started right up, will keep you posted on the long term viability.
    Jenius Biker Blog

I Need Parts!

Since we are all running the TP 85cc stroker kit and can’t use the red Top ignition I figured that I might as well install one on Newd instead of leaving them sitting around in the bat cave.

Instructions with warning that it should not be used with the “Maxi Kit” 85cc

Piling up!

The Top ignition next to the Metrakit CDI it will be replacing

Metrakit in place on Newd

Had to find a place to mount the coil so removed some bodywork. Man, Derbi used at least 5 different fasteners to attach just the couple pieces of plastic that makes up the bodywork!

After moving a few things around and removing the horn I was able to drill a hole next to an existing one that gave me a nice discreet location for mounting the coil to the frame.

After that I had to fab up some spacers to put between the coil mounts and the frame.

All mounted up

With everything put back into place. It’s a little crowded under there now, but it all fits and is securely mounted.

After the coil was mounted it was time to wire up and mount the ignition box. Wiring was plug and play for the ignition box, but I did find a frame mount for the wire harness ground.

Then the box itself needed to be mounted. Top included some 3M Quad lock squares to make this part easy.

All done!
    Jenius Biker Blog

I Need Parts!

As I recall, the Red ignition is NOT for use with stroker motors.
    I'm running the Red ignition on my 'TPR' kit , which uses the stock crank and rod, but a 50mm piston, which Top claims brings displacement to 76.5 cc.

i LOVE this ignition, it's been ROCK solid for three years.
    =My Iron Maiden=
    1999 Aprilia RS50
    Doppler endo crank
    Barnett Clutch
    Stage6 24mm PWK clone w/powerjet
    Pre-mixing Trick 101 octane / Motul 800 @38:1
    Top Performance 8 petal Reed Block w/ Stuffer
    Top Performance TPR aluminum, 50 mm piston, 1 ring
    Yasuni R2 Carbon Exhaust
    13/43 final gearing
    AF1 spring upgrade & 'Martin77 / Mattology' preload adjusters
    DNM 'MT-Bag' 3 way adjustable rear shock absorber
    Mitas MC50 tyres
    Brembo RCS 14 front master / NG rotors / Ferodo pads

We have decided to kit Newd so I dug around the bat cave in SF and scrounged up some parts I had laying around for other projects.
    21mm red racing carb, intake, and Mrd Carbon clutch.

Ari was in SF the last couple days to swap tires for a couple bikes at Bats L.A. (No pics or proof to verify this) and while looking for kits online we noticed that Treats had an Airsal 50mm extreme kit on clearance and we could use the sale code so we added it to our stack of parts for Newd!

This is probably more "XTREME" than we wanted to go, but for the price we can make it work!

The red finish on the cylinder along with the red racing carb will look really cute showing out on the Newd! Unfortunately, even though treats did an excellent job packing the parts, the finish on the stroke Number side has a few chips showing.

The biggest piston I would dare install on one of these tiny motors!

This is a nicely finished kit! A lot better quality than the first Airsal kit I bought many years ago!

Instructions from the kit

What a scary warning page! Looks like I have my work cut out for me!

Jenius Biker Blog

I Need Parts!

Mounted up a Ram/Quad lock setup on Newd since this has become the parts pickup bike.
    I like the Ram mount system, but not the X-grip phone holder so I ordered up a Ram Ball to replace one of the handlebar mounting bolts.

Pretty Straight forward install there.

Next up was the short connector and a quad lock ball mount to connect the phone

A couple views with it all in place and the phone mounted.

With that done it was time for my parts run since the weather was so nice out today!

After reaching Scuderia rto pick up parts I adjusted the phone mount and ended up with it lined up like this.

FYI, Newd sat for a couple weeks and the AMZN Lion battery started the bike up no problem. Looking like I may be ordering one of these for my TT RS50 soon!
    Jenius Biker Blog

I Need Parts!

Beautiful days in SF for Newdity! The $60 lightweight battery I installed 4 months ago, and has sat in the bike idle most of the winter, started the bike no problem.

Jenius Biker Blog

I Need Parts!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12