Thread: Stoping without putting your feet down

apriliaforum newb

Stoping without putting your feet down

Is there a quick way to learn how to use this feature . I am an amputee left leg is gone above the knee and I need a fool proof method to learn this quickly so I don't fall on my head. Can you just hold that switch in place while you are slowing down?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hi ST114ME welcome to the forum. When you are slowing down the stability light will start flashing around 5mph just push the switch to the left and you'll hear a beep. it will stay locked until you accelerate or even blip the throttle then another beep will sound and the steering will loosen up again.
    2015 Caponord

Quote Originally Posted by ST114ME View Post
    Is there a quick way to learn how to use this feature . I am an amputee left leg is gone above the knee and I need a fool proof method to learn this quickly so I don't fall on my head. Can you just hold that switch in place while you are slowing down?
    Here is another page where people like us have been working on fixing our bikes up to fit our missing limbs.
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...33#post4251533
    Loki J. Prankster
    In my life, it's not the choices I make, it's the chances I take that influence my life the most.

apriliaforum newb
    I recently bought a MP3 500 Business and have to say am very impressed with it. I have been experimenting with stopping and starting feet up, but one problem is that the front wheels lock in whatever position they are in, so if you have stopped with one wheel in a dip, as you pull away the bike will lurch off to one side as the bike gets back on a level surface. I intend to always stop with one foot down , as I do on my bikes and lock the front wheels whilst stationary to help with the weight of leaning it and then pull away slowly and as the revs rise before the bike moves, the wheels will unlock.

apriliaforum newb
    I know the MP3 is a great bike - but I highly recommend that you look into a Can Am Spyder. I own one and its a super engineered piece of equipment. There are many, many, riders with problems like yours who use this bike and you won't have to worry about timing the switch or balance.

While you can use the MP3, the steering lock is not really designed for stopping. If you happen to lock it while the bike has a bit of angle, it will keep the bike angled making it difficult to start out again. Also, there's a good chance you might hit the switch to late when dealing with traffic.

Good luck with your venture.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	346.7 KB 
ID:	361007