Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: IRC auto-blipper install notes

All good the settings were from another thread, I can't take the credit for them.
    But they worked a treat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's mine working sweetly
    https://youtu.be/IFwCTqivuQA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you like the IRC and how difficult was it to install? I'm contemplating one for my '16 RF.
    2016 Aprilia RSV4 RF LE #11 of 200
    2011 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol Edition ( Sold 6-5-18)
    2002 Honda RC51
    1980 Honda CBX
    1965 Honda CB77 Vintage Roadracer

apriliaforum Member
    cb77guy - I am hyper meticulous and like any mods I do to be as if the factory did it. With this in mind, I stripped the bike down to work out the best routing of the wiring and placed the connectors as far away from heat sources as possible following the factory loom where possible - This took a day.
    Once happy I then installed the kit the following morning and programmed it making sure the +12v pin in the dash connector was moved to the correct place (see Paxal's photo) - Mine is as 2015 RF LE (#193) and was in the wrong place. I am very happy with the results and the IRC blipper operates like a factory product.

apriliaforum Member
    Had issues with the blipper, quite annoyingly, at wot the bike would go into limp mode around 9k, displayed "service".
    error codes were all concerning demand sensor, wrong value blue. I replaced the demand sensor, because values looked not quite the same. I'm no expert, but the mv on the blue sensor were off.
    Took about 4 hours of riding before the same error showed up.
    As a lot of other people have done, I sticked the 2 irc control boxes to the front of the air box, leaving me with lots of excess wiring, this was rolled up and left in the cavity front of the air box. Out of ideas, I started to try and figure out what could influence the voltage values, and I know for a fact that the ignition coils make quite a magnetic field. I rerouted the excess length of cables away from the front coils, bringing them up over the front of the air box.
    Did this 3 weeks ago, cleared the errors in the ecu, did 2 track days and took the bike on a 4000km holiday, and haven't had any errors anymore.
    I hope this was the cause.....

apriliaforum newb
    Does AF1 still sell IRC auto-blipper (can't find it anywhere on site)? If not, where can I buy one? Thanks!

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurk700 View Post
    Does AF1 still sell IRC auto-blipper (can't find it anywhere on site)? If not, where can I buy one? Thanks!
    http://www.reactiveparts.com/perform...ilia-rsv4.html

apriliaforum newb
    Would love to shop in the US if possible but appreciate the link! I'll go with these guys if I can't find a US dealer.

Just got an IRC Blipper from Reactive Parts. Great folks to deal with!
    2002 Honda RC51
    1980 Honda CBX

apriliaforum newb

Angry

Firstly hello.

Secondly, I've been lurking this thread for about a month or so because I been looking for an Auto blipper/quick shifter for my 2009 RSV4R, everything about the IRC one seems great, so, I took the plunge and bought one. Over the past week, during the evenings when I have time, I have been trying to fit the system to my Aprilia.

I had gotten everything connected bar one thing, which is the connection in the photos. My guide that arrive with the ABQS was only 2 pages long, but, I managed to download the full 4 page version and the connector is supposed to be house somewhere near the gear indicator connectors, but, I am unable to find anywhere for it to go.

Am I missing something or did the earlier "R" models not come with something I need to run the ABQS?

Any help would come in handy.

I have returned the bike to stock now so I can ride it tomorrow, but, the service light has come on and I can't figure out why, I have reset the ECU codes and they now have nothing stored but the light is still...

Tony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170818_195639.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	512.3 KB 
ID:	340228  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170818_195634.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	505.5 KB 
ID:	340229  

just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    The 2009 V4 does not have a connector for that plug, it is used for the quick shift sensor signal to the ECU.
    Here is one thread that talks a bit about that, there are other threads with more details.
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...k-Shifter-help
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

As amauri wrote the 2009 V4 does not have this connector.
    But for bring up the blipper to run/work, you can connect the red wire to ground (yes, it ist the red one and not the black as usual).
    And if you also connect the black wire to PIN47 on the ECU, you will get a QS on your RSV4 (if it is activated on the ECU)!

Quote Originally Posted by cymraeg_atodeg View Post
    Firstly hello.

Secondly, I've been lurking this thread for about a month or so because I been looking for an Auto blipper/quick shifter for my 2009 RSV4R, everything about the IRC one seems great, so, I took the plunge and bought one. Over the past week, during the evenings when I have time, I have been trying to fit the system to my Aprilia.

I had gotten everything connected bar one thing, which is the connection in the photos. My guide that arrive with the ABQS was only 2 pages long, but, I managed to download the full 4 page version and the connector is supposed to be house somewhere near the gear indicator connectors, but, I am unable to find anywhere for it to go.

Am I missing something or did the earlier "R" models not come with something I need to run the ABQS?

Any help would come in handy.

I have returned the bike to stock now so I can ride it tomorrow, but, the service light has come on and I can't figure out why, I have reset the ECU codes and they now have nothing stored but the light is still...

Tony
    Could you post me a link to the 4 page install instructions you found? I'm in the process of installing one on my '16 RF and can use any help I can get.
    2002 Honda RC51
    1980 Honda CBX

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by amauri View Post
    The 2009 V4 does not have a connector for that plug, it is used for the quick shift sensor signal to the ECU.
    Here is one thread that talks a bit about that, there are other threads with more details.
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...k-Shifter-help
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmike_14 View Post
    As amauri wrote the 2009 V4 does not have this connector.
    But for bring up the blipper to run/work, you can connect the red wire to ground (yes, it ist the red one and not the black as usual).
    And if you also connect the black wire to PIN47 on the ECU, you will get a QS on your RSV4 (if it is activated on the ECU)!
    Thank you both, I have taken off the ABQS for now as I need an ECU flash and some more fiddling. Going to be a winter project now.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by cb77guy View Post
    Could you post me a link to the 4 page install instructions you found? I'm in the process of installing one on my '16 RF and can use any help I can get.
    It's from this web-site actually; http://www.af1racing.com/store/ProdI...blip-v4_d7.pdf

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast